Continuing: Any news from Atari reg. BG3

Nightblade

NWN2 on the horizon...Obsidian...Feargus Urquhart...I'm not sure you could ask for a better situation here. Feargus was behind both of the original Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 as well as NWN.

Black Isle was the PUBLISHER for BG1/2, Bioware was the DEVELOPER. Bio did the majority of the work on the BG series and all the work for NWN1.

BI OTOH did the fallout series, IWD series and planescape.

With that said, I am very confidant Obsidian will do a EXCELLENT job with NWN2. :-

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

ellester is quite aware of bio vs. bis involvement with the games... an original on the old black isle forums, i do believe. fu had a large role in those games as noted...

taks

comrade taks... just because.

@taks and @Vol

I have no idea why he took away the points. :ph34r:

Also, that quote Rhomal took from me is actually Grok. It

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

don't really care about your wl over at atari.

i was mostly just pointing out that rhomal need not explain the history of BG to you, as you've been around as long as i can remember. and i've been posting since BG1 (different handle then...mendolf)

taks

comrade taks... just because.

though chiding you about flame warnings is rather funny... you tend to be level-headed enough to not need warning :)

taks

Yea, usually I am. But occasionally I get in trouble. I still think the only place I

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

Guest Surlent

Atari is the only one who has rights to publish FR games.

But I don't think they make games themselves, not sure though.

I'd figure BG3 is still in early stages no matter whoever is making it.

PC Gamer had some info on last summer about BG3, if I recall right.

But after that it's been total blackout, in worst case they might have even cancelled it.

NWN2 on the horizon...Obsidian...Feargus Urquhart...I'm not sure you could ask for a better situation here. Feargus was behind both of the original Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 as well as NWN.

Black Isle was the PUBLISHER for BG1/2, Bioware was the DEVELOPER. Bio did the majority of the work on the BG series and all the work for NWN1.

If look the credits of nwn you

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

"Yea, actually you were very annoying at that time Volourn, more than usual."

You only thought so as usually youa ren't a target of mine 'cause you ar enormally kewl. You weren't then. :)

"You were the self appointed IPLY crusader, saying IPLY

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

And, try to absolve the BIS lackies of any responsibility. The entire company from the top CEO to the bottom janitor are at fualt.

Perhaps, if the janitor didn't demand a $10/hour raise they wouldn't have flopped. :)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Knock this crap off PLZ.

It's against the Laws of God & Man for you two to agree...

"For The Love Of Carnage And Discord, I Bring Annihilation And Cheap Beer!" - Mad Dwarf

"Watch that howling1. His sig used to eat cities." - Synaesthesia

"Beat me with a wet noodle huh? " - Feargus Urquhart

"the term "Board Troll" ain't a thing ta be proud o', lads" - Sargallath Abraxium

"The line between comedy and tragedy is pretty thin in these parts." - Overseer

" Grrr... ...Argh." - Darque