Violence in Video Games

Craftsman

Is the Violence in Video game getting too much?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Is the Violence in Video game getting too much?

• Yes - Way to much detail, not needed
    • No- Nothing wrong with seeing whats not real
    • Maybe - All depends on age and maturity

I think we've milked this thread dry, we need something fresh to argue about. Something suitably abstract so noone can come in and ruin everything by pasting facts.

true .. but people are way to stubborn to ever change opinion in here! I'm beginning to think discussions are futile .. :wub:

Eh. I realized quite some time ago that attempting to change other people's views on almost any subject through message boards is not only a draining and futile exercise, it's also extremely frustrating. Even in case you manage to totally destroy others' arguments or logic, it's unlikely they'll change their minds. Alas, nobody likes to be proven wrong.

Since then I only post to exchange viewpoints, have fun, and on occasion, troll some. :unsure:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Alas, nobody likes to be proven wrong.

I remember in the past having problems accepting I was wrong. But now I've just come to accept I'm always right, so it's better.

Seriously, while this seems true for many cases, I think there are some people who at least appreciate being explained how things are. I know I do. It can be an embarassing situation for some, but I think it's overall quite positive and much better than remaining in ignorance. Of course, as you said, it's oftentimes pointless when trying this with people who don't just give a damn.

Well, from my experience when you prove someone wrong they will either quit posting in that thread and act as if nothing ever happened or just act irrational. And um, it's not like I benefit or anything from changing some random person across the planet's opinion on something.

Dude... rat pie!

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

then what's the point of arguing?

I feel I have wasted my time if I try to convince someone of something (let's just say for arguments sake that the "something" is true) and they just ignore it ..

Fortune favors the bald.

then what's the point of arguing?

I feel I have wasted my time if I try to convince someone of something (let's just say for arguments sake that the "something" is true) and they just ignore it ..

Welcome to the wonderful world of TOMBS. :thumbsup:)

Seriously now, it's a widely accepted fact that there's no point in posting in message boards other that to waste your time. :rolleyes:"

"Entertain me!"

*flashes Darque...*

................................................ his wallet full of pennies....

P.S. Am I creeping you out yet? :(:p:)o:):)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Ok, fine, everyone vote that you want more violence, or I will skin a puppy and upload the pictures and email them to little kids!

You see more [REAL] violence every day on TV. You see it in newspapers, magazines, etc.

There are hundreds of websites which focus on gore and dead people.

Nobody is forcing you to play in a blood pool, but if you want you are not allowed to. In PC games you can simulate.

Face it, humans are violent in nature. We had 2 WW's in the past 100 years. We killed millions of innocents for invalid reasons (from religion, skin colour, witchery, to being in love with someone in a higher class). We still kill each other every day.

We kill each other, we kill nature, we kill innocents, we destroy things for fun, for smaller material gains, for practicallity. Look at the world. It is sad.

Just imagine if we were nations. I mean even if we didnt start the nuclear holocaust over the issue wether Bethesda should develop Fallout3, some troll would surely come along and do it just for fun.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Just imagine if we were nations. I mean even if we didnt start the nuclear holocaust over the issue wether Bethesda should develop Fallout3, some troll would surely come along and do it just for fun.

Yes thank, what ever diety, that we are not!

Fortune favors the bald.

It is sad. Trees and forests are getting smaller. Animals are dissappearing. People are killing each otehr and themselves.

I suggest we all just cut our wrists and make it easier for us.

But really. We have a life. A limited ammount of days. And we waste them watching TV, reading about famous people, [playing games], trying to profit, exploit others, go to school, work for others so we can make some money and buy a better video card, make others suffer for no reasons at all, and kill others because they have a different oppinion, because they want other things than you, thus ending their days.

Get out. Look at the trees, lie down on the grass [the real one], and look at the beautiful sky. Stand in the soft spring rain. Kiss the person you love. Enjoy life.

Meh. Personally, I don't take much joy in lying down in the grass or staring at the trees. But then again, I don't take much joy in anything. Just let people sink in the bottomless pit of nothingness that is nihilism. :blink: