NWN2 or Dragon Age?

roshan

Which are you looking forward to more?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Which are you looking forward to more?

• Neverwinter Nights 2
    • Dragon Age

What? He made a sequel of one of the ebst selling X Box games of all time. And itself has sold a lot as well. Sure I don't like the easiness factor of the game as much as the next gamer, but being able to form a start up company, land 2 of the most lucrative sequels, and be on time with an impossible schedule set by the publsiher he is doing damn good.

and the size to create games that can meet bloated expectations.

No they don't. *cough*Neverwinter Nights*cough* *cough*THrone of Bhaal*cough*

Notice I wrote can and not will. And notice my full paragraph: Bioware has three games in my all-time top six. They have the track record, the autonomy, the talent, and the size to create games that can meet bloated expectations.

But for the record, NWN is not included on my all time list.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

worried about Obsidian's technical talent

true potential of the Obsidian programmers.

huge maps

- So am I

- I fear we've already seen it (KotOR II).

- Huge maps don't make a game good, just the opposite just look at Morrowind.

For the record, two completely separate teams are/were working on Kotor2 and NWN2 (not that it makes a difference)...so, no you haven't seen the true potential of Obsidian's technical talent.

Even if it weren't two separate teams, I'm not sure I understand how people can complain, knowing the full circumstance of having to develop the sequel (Kotor2) in literally less than 12 months. What can you seriously expect a developer to do in so little time? A complete rewrite of anything is totally out of the question on such a short time line. I think it's important to try and keep thing inperspective. :thumbsup:

"No they don't. *cough*Neverwinter Nights*cough*"

Oh? You mean that same NWN and its OC that youa re still playing and having fun with 2 and a half years after its release?

Please make sense with spamming silliness.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Gromnir were expecting kotor2 to be more of an expansion than a sequel... so we weren't surprised by the fact that kotor2 were little different from the original. however, we thinks obsidian made a fundamental blunder when they chose to sacrifice performance as an acceptable casualty. yes, there were some relatively minor graphic improvements in kotor2, and no doubt there was lots of improvements behind the scenes, but as bad as performance were in kotor, kotor2 were even worse when it came to dropping frame rates and load times (though the load times were only a minor issue for Gromnir,) and crashes and corrupted saves. we understand that such a choice were not a measure of technical know-how... but no doubt brian can see how some folks might be discouraged by this first example of obsidian technical acumen.

also, some folks is comparing troika's situation with toee to obsidian's difficulties with kotor2... and that ain't necessarily fair. troika asked for 18 months and they ended up getting more than 20. obsidian were told they had something like 14 months, and they end up getting 12. is different.

however, one wonders why brian thinks nwn2 will be different. most of us who watched bioware and troika and others occasionally struggle with atari is probably thinking that brian is gonna have to make his same "what can you seriously expect," speech following nwn2 release... and like it or not, consumers has little patience for such speeches.

troika blames on publisher every single time

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Both. NWN2 because it's D&D, I like Obsidian even though I've played 0 games of theirs and I love the original. DA because it's new yet familiar most likely, and BIo develops it.

"NWN2. Bioware seems to have fallen into a habit of doing basically the same thing over and over again (story-wise, not setting)"

Sure. Their games share similarities; but they alos have pretty big differences as well. Pretty much every developer has a 'style' they keep game from game. Only logical to do so.

"But one of my personal rasons to support NWN2 is because how I have been playing NWN since the first day it was released,"

"out do Bioware's poor hand in NWN."

Intertesting. You state that BIO did poorly with NWN1 yet you've been playing it since its release. I guess you like poorly made games.

R00fles!

How can you look forward to both games more?

Obisidian has Black Isle games to demonstrate for their capabilities.

PS:T demonstrates their potential.

Huge maps can be both good and bad.

I've never seen a truly great Bioware game.  I've seen a few truly great Black Isle games.

I'll go with the Black Isle alumns.

But how many of the obsidian devs have actually wortked on pst? I only know of chris avellone.....

4 great BIS games? I count FO1, and FO2. And, PST and IWD1 are good though I can see someone thinking that PST. Unless youa re disucssing ANCIENT BIS games prior to BIS actually forming and before FO1 even...

"No they don't. *cough*Neverwinter Nights*cough*"

Oh? You mean that same NWN and its OC that youa re still playing and having fun with 2 and a half years after its release?

Please make sense with spamming silliness.

Sorry, I am not obligated to make sense. :D

Besides, that is after heavily moded the game's override folder.

Well My list of great BIS games that I have played are Fallout 1 and 2 of course, Planescape: Torment, and Icewind Dale 1. Of average BIS games I would place IWD 2.

Of Bioware games there are 3 great games I have played, even with all my complaining I would place NWN as a great game for its technical achievements and stellar support from both the community and from Bioware. The other 2 great Bioware games are Baldur's Gate 1 and Baldur's Gate 2. Both those games a great, but the Throne of Bhaal expansion was crap. Of average Bioware games that I have played there are KotOR, due to its easiness and lack of community support (in comparison to BG and NWN), and MDK 2.

"I'm not that familiar with Dragon Age. "

:D Nobody is... :D

"Of average Bioware games that I have played there are KotOR, due to its easiness and lack of community support (in comparison to BG and NWN),"

Do you make a habit of rating 'average' games nearly 90%? :thumbsup:

"MDK 2."

This, and their other useless game SS pretty much don't exist as far as I'm concern.

"When I review games I review the game as a member of its target audience, but I told you this several times. "

I'm not smart enough to udnerstand that when someone gives a game almost 90% that they actually think the game is just ok. It must be 89% out of 150%.

R00fles!

P.S. It's a sign of a poor reviewer when they try to write a review through the eyes of others. There is no way you cna know how they think. period.

Bototm line, you rated KOTOR almost 90%. Either your scoring system is skewered or you think KOTOR is a great game. Your choice.