DJ Quicksilver

Simon & Garfunkel

Dream Theater

Rolling Stones

Queen

Led Zeppelin

Eminem

Plus some Greek

plus many others that I'm sure I've forgoten.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Eh, what the heck... I might as well post my first message in to this topic. Favorite subject and all.

Some favorite bands of mine:

At the Gates

Apocalyptica(\,,/)

Arcturus

Airut

Borknagar

Bolt Thrower

The Berzerker

Blind Stare

Degenerata

Graveworm(ack! Christian BM!)

Nile

Mokoma

Melechesh

Kiuas

Karl Sanders

Heavy Metal Perse!

When Heaven Wept

Eternal Tears of Sorrow

Kalmah

Moonsorrow

Moonspell

Immortal

Vigrid

Fulgur

Yggdrasil

Vox Vulgaris

Skyforger

Suidakra

Thales

Scent of Flesh

Imperanon

Hevein

FINNTROLL!!!

Turmion K

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Thread Pruned: Ok the Big Green is feeling a wee bit ornery ... let's please refrain from posting the initial thought that hits the keyboard. Take a walk around the room and then come back and try to articulate your thoughts ... if that proves difficult blog the it, don't post it here ... hopefully that is clear enough, if not I guess it's time to put on the authoritarian-mod hat :blink:

FLoSD.ObE

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Green day is not punk, they're just corporate rock designed for highschoolers usual simple taste, very different. (not to say all highschool age kids have simple taste, but unfortantly alot do)

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Green day is not punk, they're just corporate rock designed for highschoolers usual simple taste, very different. (not to say all highschool age kids have simple taste, but unfortantly alot do)

Exactly...

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I like anything that sounds like it has the chance of the fans bloodletting at the show.

Theres this band Antiseen that you'd probaly be into

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Some really good lists here... rather than rattle off my entire CD/mp3 collection, I'll share what I've been listening to lately and focus on stuff that hasn't been mentioned.

I really dig Frank Black, especially the stuff he did with the Catholics. I saw somebody mentioned Ted Leo & the Pharmacists; nice work, Ted is awesome!

If I could impress on all of you to go buy a CD from one band, it would be the Afghan Whigs. They were on Sub Pop in the early 90s, and hit a major label but never made it big. What a sound though... think Motown meets funk meets grunge with better-than the-average-angst-king lyrics. Buy 1965, Black Love or Gentlemen right now.

I love the stripped-down sound of Husker Du and the raw energy of Rocket from the Crypt. And for fast songs and slick harmonies, Bad Religion can't be beat. I've also been listening to a lot of Tom Waits lately, the early drunken balladeer stuff.

Tomahawk, Mike Patton from Faith No More's current band has a creepy, driving rock sound that I dig. They were positively sublime live. I think the band I've seen live the most times would have to be Goldfinger.

Other stuff I like that hasn't been mentioned: The Pogues, The Clash, Television, Flogging Molly....

And I'm sure the Star Wars fans and Adult Swim aficianados out there know about the man who rapped about "Fett's Vette:" the unbelievable mc chris.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

I'm mostly into Rock/80s metal/Nu Metal/Alternative

Metallica, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Linkin Park, Smile Empty Soul, Rise Against, Nightwish, etc.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I'd like to point out that people are still rating people by just Dookie, it seems judging by opions in this thread, even 4 albums later.

Look up a review or something

Well kumquatq, you have to think, its something unpredictable, but in the end you're right, I hope you have the time of your life :blink:

I'd like to point out that people are still rating people by just Dookie, it seems judging by opions in this thread, even 4 albums later.

Look up a review or something

Well kumquatq, you have to think, its something unpredictable, but in the end you're right, I hope you have the time of your life :thumbsup:

Ok, Nimrod, minus the fact that the radio pick up "Good Ridence" and played it in basically a loop, was a solid album. They changed it up quite a bit on that album and I think it's their best.

I've read that the new Green Day is a politcal rock opera concept album-type thing.

Kudos to them for aiming high, but I highly doubt it can step to NOFX's The Decline, 18 minutes of politically-inspired concept cathartic punk rock.

Has anyone heard both albums and care to comment on this?

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Here are my preferences:

Metallica

Dark Tranquillity

KoЯn

Therion

Amon Amarth

Linkin Park

Stuck Mojo

Rammstein

Paradise Lost