favorite music

Rosbjerg

What, you talk'n bout Wolf Moon? It's not a vampire/wolf thing to me. Each album is unique from the others. IMO, they're getting better with age, Slow Deep & Hard was great, but Life Is Killing Me is phenominal. They've got "themes" for each album, Bloody Kisses being a gothic overtone, while October Rust seemed more Pagan/Wiccan. (w00t)

[

Or you could say 'where is my mind' I love 'goin out west' by Tom Waits. Cos I got hair on my chest and look good without a shirt on. Will anyone else admit to listening to the Velvet Crush?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Speaking of wierd, I heard Reeves Gabrels (who worked with David Bowie in Bowie's Hours), once used a vibrator as a musical instrument. Is this true? I heard he was pretty out there in terms of exotic sounds... unfortunately I haven't heard any of his works.

@Role-Player:

Vibrators can be used as an effect on guitars, that I know. The best description of it would be "chainsaw on speed," maybe, I dunno, but it sounds pretty funky. As for using the vibrator only, well I'm not sure how that would be done, unless you tell the audience to hum along or something :)

I listen to all kinds of stuff and probably listen to too much music than is healthy or some such. Anyway, I've recently been listening to:

isis

owen

do make say think

ted leo and the pharmacists

songs: ohia

explosions in the sky

the mars volta

minus the bear

wilco

amanda woodward

sufjan stevens

Speaking of wierd, I heard Reeves Gabrels (who worked with David Bowie in Bowie's Hours), once used a vibrator as a musical instrument. Is this true? I heard he was pretty out there in terms of exotic sounds... unfortunately I haven't heard any of his works.

Yea he used it a lot in the Tin Machine days. He had the vibrator on his mic stand just like his guitar picks. LOL! Anyway he used it just like a slide guitarist uses the metal tube (not sure what it

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

Don't know why I'm adding my 2 cents, but maybe I just need to feel like I'm sort of a part of something :thumbsup:

Favorite Album: Tiamat - Wildhoney

Bands I listen to most:

3 Inches of Blood

Amon Amarth

Angel Dust

Arch Enemy

Bathory

Children of Bodom

Cradle of Filth

Dark Moor

Demons & Wizards

Dimmu Borgir

Dream Evil

Emperor

Evemaster

Gorgoroth

Iced Earth

Immortal

In Flames

Into Eternity

Iron Maiden

Kittie

Lacuna Coil

Lost Horizon

Moonspell

My Dying Bride

Nightrage

Nightwish

Nocturnal Rites

Old Man's Child

Opeth

Ragnarok

Satyricon

Siebenburgen

Sirenia

Slipknot

Soilwork

Susperia

The Kovenant

The Forsaken

The Haunted

Tiamat

Tristania

Tvangeste

TYR

Witchery

Within Temptation

Zyklon

Enslaved

Thyrfing

I pretty much listen to anything as well:

Tarkan

Sparta

Christina Aguilera

Dead Can Dance

Faith No More

etc...

tired now

I listen to really angsty stuff, but it's usually grunge-angst, or some light industrial like A Perfect Circle and Tool. I don't really get into metal, and 80% of the bands you mentioned I've never listened to. I can only assume given the context of those bands that I've heard.

Just to list a few...

Our Lady Peace

The Tea Party

Tragically Hip

Matthew Good Band

Sarah McLachlan

A Perfect Circle

Tool

Evanescence

Kidney Theives

Portishead

Sneaker Pimps

VAC

VAST

VNV Nation

Covenant

Korn

David Bowie

Bush

Black Eyed Peas

Anchondo (Local band)

Grasshopper Takeover (Local band)

Pomeroy (Regional/local band)

Proud purveyor, owner and operator of the Wonder Twins

Wierd Al is good music, i like to laugh, and our Aussie version of wierd al - Tripod are good too you can download their songs from the usual sources as I doubt they are going international

For Real i like

Evanescence

Jet

Avril

Green day

Robbie Williams

probably more but can't think now

and some soundtracks to movies

Hey, at least I didn't list Anne Murray *shudders*

With the topic on Canuck music, I should add Jann Arden to my list. She's my 4th cousin! :D

And don't forget to leave out Guess Who/ Burton Cummings/Randy Bachman.

There are some cool canuck bands out there, though, Sloan can rock occasionally although most of their songs sound kinda the same. I think my fave Canadian band was the Grapes of Wrath.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

i got to see The Guess Who live when i worked as a bartender at the big kahuna in st. louis. it was our last day as a matter of fact. labor day weekend (sunday) in 1993 and they played outside on a coupla flatbed trailers. we knew the bar was closing but didn't care. it was a great concert, made a ton of money and had a blast that night... they really did put on a great show.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I guess I should not be so cruel. I haven't seen them live, but I really can't stand 'these eyes' . I used to detest Pete Yorns 'life on a chain' until I heard him play it live, and now he's one of my favorite artists. The guess who just bring up bad memories of being stuck watching anne murray christmas specials (tonight, anne welcomes elvis stojko, the guess who, and zappacosta) and wishing I was old enough to change the channel and not get yelled at.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif