Basilisk War Droid

Yeah, the Basilisk War Droid in TSL did look exactly like Xixor's fighter - and in that I'm deeply dissapointed. :(

The Basilisk isn't supposed to look like this whatsoever:

i-virago.gif

It's supposed adhere to the standard set in Tales of Jedi , as defined in The Sith War :

basilisk.jpg

As you can see...Obsidian took the easy route of retexturing an existing model which has nothing to do with the true basilisk, instead of creating an authentic replica. :(

manthing2.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I loved Shadows of the Empire, but...uh.. Yeah, after listening to Canderous talking about riding into battle in the last game, I got all excited when I heard that a Basilisk war droid would be one of the vehicles featured. Needless to say, I was bummed when i saw it was just a SOTE cast-off.

The Virago is a Mandalmotors starviper heavy assault starfighter

Note it says Mandalmotors. I remember reading something about a company that produces Mandalorian technology in the new Republic era and i think mandalmotors is it. But I guess that doesn't matter because as you said it isn't even what a Bassilisk looks like.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

The basilisk's from TotJ are to meant to semi-intelligent - not just fighter vessels like in TSL.

The comic books claim they are semi-intelligent, but for all we see they are easily beaten, first by Ulic Qel-Droma and then by the Onderon beast-riders. I thought Basilisks were supposed to be extremely tough and armored with the greatest defenses and firepower.

Well according to Canderous from KOTOR, his Basilisk Squad took out an entire Fleet in one battle, in little time to say the least.

An alas another continuity ERROR. Well just like the Valley of the Dark Lords you have to pretend it looks like it should from TOTJ. I mean the way it was depicted in KOTOR they still looked like they did in TOTJ, because Candy said he rode his basilisk, into battle.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

i don't know if anyone saw this either but if you saw GO-TO's droid that comes on your ship watch episode 4 and you notice the mind probe droid that vader brings in after he gets leia that looks really close to GO-TO's droid just another thing OE copied

I don't care about the books, never even read them. I liked the Basilisk War Droid, and the most likely reason for Xizor's ship looking like that is because the company designed it to look like a Basilisk War Droid, even though now it's upgraded to a ship.

Too much whining and complaining here "They copied this and that" and might I remind you that interrogation droids look very similar, they're always floating balls with a bunch of stuff on them.

Yet, it shows the Obsidian didn't do good research, and were careless. That fighter is NOT a Basilisk War Droid. There is no two ways around it. The question is why didn't obsidian take the time to create the BWD in the way it was supposed to look? It couldn't have been that hard.

In any account that is NOT a Basilisk War Droid, and continuity will not see it as one.

I'm glad that Obsidian chose not to use the TOTJ-version of the Basilisk, it looks plain silly.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

BOOKs are Canon, learn your EU. That is not a Basilisk War Droid, even from Canderous tales, it isn't. He said he rode a Basilisk into battle, on the outside, because that's the only way a Basilisk can be used. He rode it into battle, because a Basilisk is a beast.

And I don't think they look silly I think they look bad ass, and are way more powerful then those fighters. Like I said that silly design could take out capital ships with one blow. Continuity will see that fighter as that silly design, this is just how it works when coming to continuity for LFL.

Oh and that Sandcrawler someone was talking about above it find. This is 4000 years before the Sandcrawler from the movies after all.

Well they -did- say it was 'salvaged'. If you took the Jaws of Life to a Porsche and then rebuilt it, I don't think it'd look very much like a Porsche is supposed to look. That, and the Mandalorians don't strike me as a universally co-ordinated army, maybe different clans have different droids?

It's modified, people.

While I like the game, it's really not worth the time to nitpick every little thing.

Modified? That seems unlikely because after the Mandalorians were defeated, how did they have the power to modify Basilisks? The new Mandalorian group at Onderon is too small to modify a Basilisk.

Figured it out, there are 3 types of Basilisk. Two of which look like the Silly one's that could lay waste to entire fleets, those being the regular and bomber type. The third is a closed ****pit version, which has never been seen. I guess in all instances the one in the game would have to be it.

That or just a different kind of variant.