Romances

Someone thinks I'm odd? :o Usually it takes people months to figure that out. :wub:

And Anomen just *says* that and then your party rests as usual. It's like the black screen when you play a male Revan with Bastilla in that spare bedroom. (Still don't know why *my* Revan couldn't have taken Carth back there... :geek: )

Actually that one proves my point. A male PC could choose between Aribeth and Nathyrra, right. THey get a choice... not that I'm complaing. I can't imagine a better choice than the ever-so yummy Valen. My comment about BGII, was that in that game you both get some *real* action. I mean, come on! What's a little snow down your pants when Valen is involved, right?!

Someone thinks I'm odd?  :o  Usually it takes people months to figure that out.  ;)

And Anomen just *says* that and then your party rests as usual.  It's like the black screen when you play a male Revan with Bastilla in that spare bedroom.  (Still don't know why *my* Revan couldn't have taken Carth back there...  :(  )

Ah I see. Perhaps, I shall go out and purchase BG2 then... hmm... my friend also told me of a few romance mods out there and they are all compatible too - you can have three men fighting over the female PC and one is a drow at that mreowww! :blink:

Yes, Stop!  If you are going to play BGIII, though, you must get the Flirt packs... it is ALL about the flirt packs!  :lol:

I got the flirt packs and banter packs - bought the game two days ago (only $16.00!). I'm a little disappointed with the game combat-wise though; after playing NWN, being restricted to certain classes and limited to only certain cross-classes is really annoying. However, I am enjoying the story very much!

Yes, Stop!  If you are going to play BGIII, though, you must get the Flirt packs... it is ALL about the flirt packs!  :p

I got the flirt packs and banter packs - bought the game two days ago (only $16.00!). I'm a little disappointed with the game combat-wise though; after playing NWN, being restricted to certain classes and limited to only certain cross-classes is really annoying. However, I am enjoying the story very much!

Sadly, yes. :( I played the NWN games first and back bought BGII and it took some getting used to. But the story is first rate. I am so glad that you are having fun! :D

• 4 weeks later...

I am starting to get the feeling that some people do not consider anything a romance in KOtOR 2 that does not involve bending the Handmaiden or Visas over a terminal. I would have enjoyed a bit more exploration but at least the romances are not as juvenille as they are in some of Biowares games.

Bleah. Playing the Bastila/Revan romance through to the end kinda left a bad taste in my mouth. Wooo, smooch smooch=romance! No, I'm sorry, I just prefer emotional rather than physical relationships(usually. the other stuff has it's place...). I would have prefered a heart felt talk between the two rather than a "Passion, blah blah blah, let's kiss!" thing. For the most part, all the dialogues between you and Bastila focused more on the physical aspect far too much. I actually felt the confrontation at the starforge involving a male Revan and Bastila was better than the actual "romance" portion. As for Carth+Revan... there could have been more to that as well.

TSL was also a bit of a dissapointment in this regard, especially for a female Exile (I haven't finished my male game yet, so I'm going by what I've heard, here). At least males have the bit with Visas and you "seeing" eachother through the force, which is pretty meaningful right there. Also, don't Handmaiden and Visas interact more?

Back to females: Disciple was more for the emotional aspect and I can appreciate that, but there was so very little of it, not enough interaction really. And Atton... he seemed confused, caught between physical and emotional (further strengthened by one of many things that were cut; Atton's death scene. If that's not proof that he loves the Exile, I don't know what is.), but that isn't really played out either. I'm glad for the few scenes between Atton and Disciple, though--those were amusing. I still haven't seen Atton busting Disciple for sending transmissions to the republic, however... yargh.

Of course, I may be horribly confused regarding KotOR, and should play through it again to jog my memory. Eh.

Bleah. Playing the Bastila/Revan romance through to the end kinda left a bad taste in my mouth. Wooo, smooch smooch=romance! No, I'm sorry, I just prefer emotional rather than physical relationships(usually. the other stuff has it's place...).

For the most part, all the dialogues between you and Bastila focused more on the physical aspect far too much. I actually felt the confrontation at the starforge involving a male Revan and Bastila was better than the actual "romance" portion.

While I disagree with some of what you said, like the purely physical aspect of the relationship, I think the whole romance issue was simply more fleshed out in KOTOR II. I think that there was an emotional thing between Bastila and Revan (and I agree, I like Male Revan and Bastila scene on the Star Forge as you sought to save her out of your love for her), but I think it was done much better in KOTOR II.

I've got to say though that I felt more attachment to Bastila than I did Mira, Visas, or the Handmaiden.

Oh, TSL definately handled romance better, but my only problem is there wasn't enough, and that's why I was a bit dissapointed. I should have typed that up properly, my fault. Anyway, the first game had too little, and I was hoping for more the second time around. What can I say? I really am a dialouge wh*re--I love the stuff, and I was practically giddly with glee to see that there was so much more of it in TSL, romance and otherwise.

And about what I meant with the physical thing: that's basically what the main romance track was full of, from what I saw. Not entirely, but mostly(well, you know, talking about attraction in the physical sense), which is why I enjoyed the bit with facing Bastila at the star forge far more. No mention of attraction or such, just love for one another. I don't really mind bits of attraction thrown into a story if it's amusing. Sounds odd, I know. I'm kinda of picky.

I feel there was something emotional between Bastila and Revan, too (male and female), but not in a romantic sense. It goes much, much deeper than simply describing it as a force bond or whatever. I'll stop now though because I lost my train of though and no longer know what I'm talking about. D'oh.

[EDITED]

Regarding KOTOR, the romance was a bit deeper than most people think. It's not due to fault on their part, though, since taking the conversation after the kiss ends Bastila's romance quest and disables it. Most people DO take that conversation.

If you do not, her dialogue is significantly different on the Rakatan Temple.

"I need deny my passions no longer, Revan. I would be utterly yours Master, as your lover and apprentice."

Glorious indeed.

........This whole thread just blew my mind. Horny bastards. I gotta admit though, charging up loading ramps does sound very appealing. By the way, there is no Baldur's Gate III, you mean Throne of Bhaal? That's the end of the Baldur's Gate series... so technically it's Baldur's Gate 2.7. Or something like that. Baldur's Gate series is probably the best CRPG series ever.

I was able to get (seemingly) all of the romance options with both Handmaiden and Visas, though emotionally I think Visas definately as the edge with her dialogue about how much she loves you. Handmaiden is more of a hands-on kind of experience - she worries about you physically and takes revenge on Kreia when she thinks you were killed and all of that. Visas has more of a "fuzzy moment" kind of theme.

I don't think Mira was ever intended to be an option, which is weird, though there is some suggestive dialogue there. I never managed to get anywhere anyway and I didn't see any influence type dialogue that I didn't get to, but then again I didn't use her that much so it may be a matter of the right setting/location like with her Jedi Training.

I think the romances in K2 are one the game's weaknesses - the lines are poor and as someone said in a previous post, they're left very much open-ended. No great dialogue as in K1 (although the last dialogue with Carth in K1 was pretty stupid).

I disagree here: I think the lines are unusually rich for a CRPG, like Visas' final passionate confession of love, or when the Handmaiden challenges Atris in all her fear and frustration after learning (erroneously) that her lover was killed ...

... but unfortunately, there was not enough of those lines, meaning that all these emotional outbursts were not too well prepared during previous dialogues. See, in Planescape: Torment, you got so many small clues and hints from Annah, and Annah herself only slowly came to admit to herself that she loved your PC, and you watched this romance unfold and develop in so epical a way ... but not so in TSL where everything rushed on too quickly towards a very emotional ending.

I mourn the lack of a Mira romance. To me she struck me as the most normal and realistic of the female NPCs. I don't know, it just seems like they were trying way too hard to make you like Handmaiden and Visas to the point of making them ugh... I don't know. Unnatural? Mira seems a lot more natural and I felt like if I were the exile I'd be a lot more comfortable around her than these women who seem like their still going through puberty and trying to figure out their emotions. I know this is just me, because a lot of people have expressed their praise for Visas and Handmaiden and simultaneously their disgust and/or dislike for Mira because of her attitude and personality.

I dunno. From my dating experiences, I'd definitely prefer Mira.

A pity they didn't do a romance for her, and I do have to wonder why. If it's age, then that wasn't really well explained, as you never know her age or your character's age. It's safe to assume late 20's or early 30's for the exile, but the portraits that you have would've lead you to believe otherwise. I do wonder why it seems like the Developers went through the effort to make Mira appear "hot" but then not have her as a chooseable option. I wouldn't think that a collection of computer programmers would pick up the feminine tendency to "tease", assuming most of them were male (No offense intended, there are plenty of talented female programmers and I work with some, I just am unaware of very many working at Obsidian).