Level Cap is 50.

Yes, there are but I am sick of wasting $50 on games that hold absolutely no challenge to me.  Games are just getting easier and easier and easier over the last 5 to 7 years and its getting freaking ridiculous.  I am nowhere near being an expert gamer but NWN, KotOR, and not even ToEE (when it was working) was any sort of a challenge.  Yes, I play on Hardcore and high difficulty settings.

Also I don't count a game that is only 40 hours long and you can reach 25+levels (d20 System levels that is) as decent.

If you are in such need of a "challenge" perhaps you should get a good MP game such as H2 or Black arrow and dabble online with XBL?

But with you're rantings it seems no game will ever be good enough.

Yes, there are but I am sick of wasting $50 on games that hold absolutely no challenge to me.  Games are just getting easier and easier and easier over the last 5 to 7 years and its getting freaking ridiculous.  I am nowhere near being an expert gamer but NWN, KotOR, and not even ToEE (when it was working) was any sort of a challenge.  Yes, I play on Hardcore and high difficulty settings.

Also I don't count a game that is only 40 hours long and you can reach 25+levels (d20 System levels that is) as decent.

How about exposing yourself to a real challenge then, like not posting for a month or so.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I only play CRPGs. I don't play online games except NWN once a week with a DMed session and that is quite fun and can be challenging. Sometimes too challenge like when the DM messed up and had my level 9 Fighter/rogue character face a level 18 drow fighter. That was insane, but I was able to survive and managed to get a few good hits in, then I ran away.

@Laozi: Sorry, I like my challenges to be in my CRPGs.

Activision/Troika just released the official patch for VTM: Bloodlines.

Those are good news. I'm going to try it now. However, Activision once again proves what a crappy company they are by not sponsoring the patch in any of their pages. Way to go!

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Activision/Troika just released the official patch for VTM: Bloodlines.

Those are good news. I'm going to try it now. However, Activision once again proves what a crappy company they are by not sponsoring the patch in any of their pages. Way to go!

Downloading it now myself, but since I'm not a member of fileplanet or gamespy, I have to have that 40 minute wait. ;)

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Downloading it now myself, but since I'm not a member of fileplanet or gamespy, I have to have that 40 minute wait.  :thumbsup:

Yeah, those two are teh suck. I downloaded it from Gamershell, no queues, no BS. :(

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I don't think that rampant leveling is nitpicking nor is having a dozen or so level 21+ characters, froma d20 System game, running around.

Nor do I want Fallout or PS:T.

I want a well written and balanced as well as highly challenging CRPG.

Why don't you become a game programer then you can make the type of game you want, rather than nitpicking everyone elses hard work?

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Hard work isn't always a synonim of *good* work. :)

never said it was :blink:" :p

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png