What's the deal?

It seems that devs have been kind of active on answering like really basic questions, but they refuse to comment on the bugs and glitches or the possibilities of fixes. I understand that they probably can't because jobs and contracts and other important stuff is at risk. Basically, if one of them could just maybe indulge me and everyone else:

Is there any chance that a newer version / international version / whatever will come out for the Xbox with bug fixes?

It seems that devs have been kind of active on answering like really basic questions, but they refuse to comment on the bugs and glitches or the possibilities of fixes.  I understand that they probably can't because jobs and contracts and other important stuff is at risk.  Basically, if one of them could just maybe indulge me and everyone else:

Is there any chance that a newer version / international version / whatever will come out for the Xbox with bug fixes?

There's not much that can be done to fix an Xbox version of a game, especialy since it's not even Live compatable.

But as a result the majority of the Xbox market would be royally pissed off at LA for not exchanging/repairing their games. So I wouldn't hold my breath on the Xbox version (regaurdless of where it goes) being fixed, as to the PC version being fixed I am not sure if they are really fixing the current problems that the Xboxers are facing, I think they are only fixing the combatability problems that come with the PCand their differnt system setups, as well as tranlating the game to different languages.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

But as a result the majority of the Xbox market would be royally pissed off at LA for not exchanging/repairing their games. So I wouldn't hold my breath on the Xbox version (regaurdless of where it goes) being fixed, as to the PC version being fixed I am not sure if they are really fixing the current problems that the Xboxers are facing, I think they are only fixing the combatability problems that come with the PCand their differnt system setups, as well as tranlating the game to different languages.

It has been confirmed in another thread that the International Xbox owners will get some bug fixes

Microsoft and Japanese publishers want to increase sales in Europe etc, so they will have to try harder to make us happy. As it stands most International gamers are very unhappy at always being last to get things

I know Capcom games are fine tuned for Europe - usually with some enhancements compared with the original Japanese release

The standards are higher here in most consumer markets, but then again why not? We pay a higher price than the US does for games.

A current release game in the UK costs $75 US dollars!!!

I know other games have been fixed for Europe, not just those from LusasArts

For example the Indiana Jones game was reported as having problems for the US version, and the European version did not have those problems (that I heard of)

I guess because we have to wait for the games, there is a time window available. I'm sure developers do realise it's worth making efforts to fix things if there is a window of opportunity. No point in annoying any more people if it can be helped

btw I have heard of US gamers playing through KotOR2 without ANY bugs and such...

ive also heard of US gamers saying that Kotor II cleans thier car windows as well, even though the game code most obviously doesn't behave in such a fashion.

US gamers can definatly play through with a minimal amount of bugs, if lucky. But there are some "bugs" that are just there. +Def force powers for example. Definatly doesn't break the game, but still annoying.

This is similar to Morowind (original release) on the xbox. Playable, but with some unfixable bugs., some of which caused game to be unfinishable for some people on some plays.

They had longer to produce, but also a lot larger game.

• 2 weeks later...

between this, Lucas arts, IGN, Gamespot, and other KOTOR2 forums I've counted about 200 differant glitches, most seem to happen on Nar Shadda. Iv'e hit a nasty one:

I've hit two major glitches on Nar shadda.

1) I did complete all required missions up to the point in which you receve a message to meet in a private lounge. I dont get that at all, and I have done everything, spoken to every one, left planet did all remaining worlds, and came back. The bounty hunters are standing outside, Mira is near the Ebon Hawk platform, Hanhaar is near the cantena, as is one of the twin sun's. I can't interact with them, I left again, and found my ability to talk to my group is now gone, nor can I work a work bench. finally I tried one last time to speek to a group member, and the screen went black.

I did pay off the lil rodent, AND finished the landing rights story, the trade wars everything

whats wrong with these games? were they ever beta tested? I've spoken to countless people having very same problems, and many many more, the Lucas Arts forum is getting hit BADLY with glitch reports, I've counted over 200 differant glitches over the past week from all over the availible forms. Its almost like things were rushed. I do love the game, visuals, story, the time put into ancient Jedi history..its the overall programing that sucks, if it gets worse, will there be a recall or at least a fix of some nature, I just want to know why there are countless issues

Better beta testing guys, I can understand some slips if Lucas Arts had a tight nuce about you, but please At least admit to us that they are a problem, thats all most of us seem to be asking

I'd like to hear from a developer as well. Beyond the plot loose ends (HK-47 factory conversations anyone? Mandalore's leadership quest (it puts a nice blank text box in your quest menu)) crash bugs (go to black screen, get your save corrupted), graphical slowdown, and plain glitchy influence/appearance system (your groupmates' alignment flashes back and forth all the time, along with their appearance when influence isn't changing). The actual game mechanics issues bother me the most.

The game has serious balance issues, a max dark side marauder with no points in cha/wis (8 for both) can still clean a room with force storm and lose no appreciable amount of force points. Master Speed and Force Aura don't give the defense bonus, making the later completely worthless. By extension, Force enlightenment, which bundles the two... is also nigh worthless. Master Fury (the Marauder class skill) is supposed to give an extra two attacks... it doesn't, guess what that means? Hanharr's frenzy line (which is the same effect if you check the "effects" screen) suffers from the issue.

It's like I find more broken stuff in this game everyday. How did this happen? Why no feedback? Why no apology? The tech-support forums on both the developer's and the publisher's sites are relatively silent.

Should someone say something?

Jit' Did you ever notice the flickering images on the equip screen, mainly Attons left hand. once its equiped the hand box flickers really bad, nothing bad, just annoying. I'm more mad about the actual dead end glitches. I've seen alot of them come up about the time a story ach event should happen, be it movie, or in game voice over thing. like my mentioned Nar Shadda one, or the even people have that puts them back at a very empty palace on Tilos

the glitches are horrible. one time , in the sparring with handmaiden, when i defeated her she actually died. a measly 25 xp <<

Another time, in yogga's little room, my pc dropped below the floor. Randomly. I couldnt get back up, i had to switch to kreia and run around for a while. things got horribly laggy and i almost crashed. that really sad :lol:

The hand flickering I have noticed, it happened with the main character in my first game, the offhand (left side of equip screen) would flicker when a weapon was equipped there. Never sure what to make of that...

It'd be nice if we heard something. I mean, I know they can't patch it since live-enable was removed. I know that the game won't get recalled, and I won't get my money back. But if someone apologized, or said "my bad"... I'd feel somewhat better about this experience. This is the buggiest console game in memory for me.

Most likely the developers knew the game was buggy before they released it. If I remember correctly, this was a late release, right? Wasn't it scheduled for an earlier release?

Anyway...there was probably quite a bit of pressure to get the game into consumer hands...and when that happens, quality is typically sacrificed and the game goes out the door buggy. As a student, I've been taught that you should never release a buggy game...huge NO-NO....but when the publishers push...well...what can you do? Risk not getting paid or having the project canned just before release? Or push it out the door with problems....Tough choice. Gotta feed those families and after spending a couple of years on a project...well...you also kind of get sick of it.

Anyway...that's probably why the devs aren't addressing the issue. Usually the development team is the one pushing for a later release so the game can be sent out as bug-free as possible...So it's probably not Obsidian who should be answering bug issues. Lucas Arts, most likely, is the company to complain to....though I've been to their forums as well and there's even less help there.

I wouldn't bet on any additional US releases with bug fixes....nor any recalls. I guess if enough people made a fuss about the bugs....but even then, I don't know....considering how many people are already complaining...looks like the cost for recall would be pretty high.

the glitches are horrible. one time , in the sparring with handmaiden, when i defeated her she actually died.  a measly 25 xp <<

Another time, in yogga's little room, my pc dropped below the floor. Randomly. I couldnt get back up, i had to switch to kreia and run around for a while. things got horribly laggy and i almost crashed. that really sad :(

One time Atton had lagged horribly behind my party - no where in sight. So when I selected his character I saw him running back, but running through walls! I accidently cycled back to my PC...so when I cycled back to Atton he was stuck somewhere in the wall. When I tried to remove him from the party, the game crashed. :(

manthing2.jpg

I pretty much registered here just to say this. I have an older X-Box (I bought it in Feb, 2002) but I don't know enough about them to know if it has a Thompson drive or what....

I do know this.

THANK YOU BLOCKBUSTER. Since games can no longer be returned anywhere, I always rent them first no matter what they are. I did it with KOTOR, and almost bought KOTOR II w/o renting it until I found out Bioware wasn't the developer.

All I can say is WHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I am sad. I've put in 13 hours and gotten too frustrated to continue (Nar Shaddaa...first place I've gone to when I've had a choice). I love the plot so far and really want to know what happens. Maybe I'll pick up the PC version off the bargain bin a year or so after it's released. At least it can be patched. (my wife will hate me as she was following the plot as well and wants to know what happens. I think she's madder about this than I am :D )

Most likely the developers knew the game was buggy before they released it.  If I remember correctly, this was a late release, right?  Wasn't it scheduled for an earlier release?

no, it was originally slated to be released in february 2005. it was pushed up 2 months for the us xbox in time for christmas sales. in actuality, it looks like those extra 2 months might have been needed.

The saddest part about all of this, is despite the fact the xbox version is terribly buggy... if I heard everything is fixed in the PC version then I'd probably still pick it up (obviously, the xbox version is unlikely to be re-released here).

I know other games have been fixed for Europe, not just those from LusasArts

For example the Indiana Jones game was reported as having problems for the US version, and the European version did not have those problems (that I heard of)

I guess because we have to wait for the games, there is a time window available.  I'm sure developers do realise it's worth making efforts to fix things if there is a window of opportunity.  No point in annoying any more people if it can be helped

btw I have heard of US gamers playing through KotOR2 without ANY bugs and such...

I live in North America, and i have beaten the game once and i am beating it again on DS. and i have NEVER EVER experienced any Bugs or glitches that you guys talk of. Although, it did freeze once, but that was my XBOX, i had to get a new XBOX yesterday!

"There is no running or hiding, Jedi. Your times up."

-Boba Fett-

BOBAFETT.JPG