Autopatcher

Have Obsidian or Lucas Arts talked about if they are going to use the Autoupdater that Bioware did for KOTOR and NWN? I was just wondering and I thought I would ask this hear rather than at Bioware's Forums. Thanks in advance.

Well I used them, because in the case of NWN they would not release the manual patch until a few days or maybe even a week later. I thought the idea was good and makes getting patches easier I thought.

But like the above poster said, I also saved the patches to my harddrive and/or cd.

There should definitly be normal patches avilable as well. It is a bother when they take down autopatching of an old game and you want to play it again out of nostagia. :)

At least not all my old games used autopatching, so I have the patches saved on a CD. :p

personally i'd rather have the autopatcher, then the bugs that the XBOX version has...from the tech support page i hear there are several horrible bugs like work benches don't work and some places they get stuck in. I'm glad i'm getting the pc version thats not rushed.

personally i'd rather have the autopatcher, then the bugs that the XBOX version has...from the tech support page i hear there are several horrible bugs like work benches don't work and some places they get stuck in. I'm glad i'm getting the pc version thats not rushed.

What is to be expected from a Bet....I mean xbox version of the game. :(

What is to be expected from a Bet....I mean xbox version of the game. :ermm:

OH SNAP!! :p

Everytime I use an autopatcher this happens: I start the download, my neighbours cat strolls in through an open window and trips over my network cable (or some similar strange incident happens). The download is interrupted, but the game tries to install the patch anyhow. Strangely enough it succeeds, but the game doesn't work. I try the autopatcher again, but it doesn't work either because it thinks the game is already fully updated. All that's left is to do is utter an obscene amount of curse words and reinstall the entire package.

I really prefer manual patches.

Ps. Yes, I've tried closing the window, but the cat's name is Houdini.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Everytime I use an autopatcher this happens: I start the download, my neighbours cat strolls in through an open window and trips over my network cable (or some similar strange incident happens). The download is interrupted, but the game tries to install the patch anyhow. Strangely enough it succeeds, but the game doesn't work. I try the autopatcher again, but it doesn't work either because it thinks the game is already fully updated. All that's left is to do is utter an obscene amount of curse words and reinstall the entire package.

I really prefer manual patches.

Ps. Yes, I've tried closing the window, but the cat's name is Houdini.

LOL! :D

Try hold that bloody cat in your lap next time you use an autopatcher, or send it away on a little trip far far away. :-