Spoiler Forums

Do you read the spiler forum?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Do you read the spiler forum?

• No, I don't the game to be spoiled for me.
    • Yes, I don't care about spoilers
    • No, but at times I;m awfully tempted to do so.
    • Yes, but I wish I didn't...can't help myself.
    • Don't know.
    • Don't care.

It would be interesting to see if the ones that are still waiting for the game are reading spoilers.

For the time being I try (successfuly) to avoid spoilers, but I don't know for how long I can do it... :p

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Nope. I don't want the game spoiled for me. Which is why I'm always worried about clicking on a thread in the General Discussion area, since I've already seen a couple of spoilers get posted in there.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

No spoilers for me. Most of the time I spoil myself by actually reading and paying attention to the game, then do a diagnosis of what I have experience so far and guess what is to happen next. Four out of five times, I am right.

On a side note, are you a fan of the movie Hackers, DSLuke?

No spoilers for me.  Most of the time I spoil myself by actually reading and paying attention to the game, then do a diagnosis of what I have experience so far and guess what is to happen next.  Four out of five times, I am right.

Do \yYou mean after Malak should you all the flash backs and than you thought "I might be Revan"?

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Actually I thought my character was Revan before leaving Dantooine, with all the foreshadow they had up to that point it was pretty hard to miss it.

I'd thought about it but thought "Nahh. . .That's too predicatble. While foreshadow is good, this much is just probably gonna come back and be something I'm wrong about."

It turned out that yep, you're Revan. And it was so predicable. I wept that night.

Fnord.

I am reading the spoilers, I have little faith in this game and what is going to make it or not depends on exactly is the storyline and frankly I read things that pushed me into "dont pick it".

Because...?

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I've been spoiled by looking at the game guide and going to the spoilers forum.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Because...?

SW:KotOR was a good game, I have no problems in saying it was a good opening of Star Wars CRPGs line.

However it also had flaws and SW:KoTOR2:TSL just looked a glorified expansion pack, in fact the cash in on the name alone (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords is a very dumb title) with the ads displaying "Game of the Year" in large letters with the words "sequal to the" in small letters (I pick it up a lot in GameFAQs) already shown it was aimed at a quick cash sequel.

I am not going to go over mechanics, lets just say force "powers" as mana powered spell is something that never goes with the Star Wars setting, there are better ways to implement a force system that what BioWare did and whay OE was forced to continue.

Then there is the story ... I dont know about the rest of you guys but trying to capture the Original Triology only happens when setting the game on that time period and looks out of place when trying to go around destroying the Republic and the Jedi Order.

As we already seen that in SW:KotOR.

We know that the Jedi Order survives until the Jedi Purge, we also know the Republic stand for over 10,000 years ... I cannot take serious a storyline were the Republic is near destroyed and the Jedi almost gone when they taken up Kun 50 years from that time and beat the crap out of then, not to say they taken the entire Sith Empire, survived and then go around completly and utterly destroy it and then the rements of a fleet can bring then down ... sorry even Palpatine recognized the only way was to subvert the Republic system, anything else would be beaten by the Republic or the Jedi, its no wonder they always beaten the things when thrown at then.

And then we have the what I call "fan fiction writting", the fact they put the previous game characters in "cameos" ... I know who is a "admiral" now (with is stupid BTW, a pilot would be a General) and who is Mandalore.

I am sorry but I played FF X-2 and that is more that enough punishment from "direct sequels".

drakron.png

I really don't want the game spoiled. I find that any game is a lot more fun when you just play it, rather than finding out everything about it, then playing it, getting nothing out of following the story. I don't want to know when and where I find who and what happens at this time or whatever. I'm going to find out when I play, and the reason I anticipate the game so much is because I want to play, not because I'm eager to find out the inner workings of the plot.

No spoilers for me.  Most of the time I spoil myself by actually reading and paying attention to the game, then do a diagnosis of what I have experience so far and guess what is to happen next.  Four out of five times, I am right.

I don't remember seeing that movie, or did I??

I have watched so many movies tha last 3,5 years that I don't rember many of them.

Because...?

SW:KotOR was a good game, I have no problems in saying it was a good opening of Star Wars CRPGs line.

However it also had flaws and SW:KoTOR2:TSL just looked a glorified expansion pack, in fact the cash in on the name alone (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords is a very dumb title) with the ads displaying "Game of the Year" in large letters with the words "sequal to the" in small letters (I pick it up a lot in GameFAQs) already shown it was aimed at a quick cash sequel.

I am not going to go over mechanics, lets just say force "powers" as mana powered spell is something that never goes with the Star Wars setting, there are better ways to implement a force system that what BioWare did and whay OE was forced to continue.

Then there is the story ... I dont know about the rest of you guys but trying to capture the Original Triology only happens when setting the game on that time period and looks out of place when trying to go around destroying the Republic and the Jedi Order.

As we already seen that in SW:KotOR.

We know that the Jedi Order survives until the Jedi Purge, we also know the Republic stand for over 10,000 years ... I cannot take serious a storyline were the Republic is near destroyed and the Jedi almost gone when they taken up Kun 50 years from that time and beat the crap out of then, not to say they taken the entire Sith Empire, survived and then go around completly and utterly destroy it and then the rements of a fleet can bring then down ... sorry even Palpatine recognized the only way was to subvert the Republic system, anything else would be beaten by the Republic or the Jedi, its no wonder they always beaten the things when thrown at then.

And then we have the what I call "fan fiction writting", the fact they put the previous game characters in "cameos" ... I know who is a "admiral" now (with is stupid BTW, a pilot would be a General) and who is Mandalore.

I am sorry but I played FF X-2 and that is more that enough punishment from "direct sequels".

Dude, its just a game.

Just relax and enjoy it.

because with the same reasoning you shouldn't be playing almost any game.

Clearly you could,'t be playing strategy games because you would affect the outcome of battles that had impact on the shaping of today's world.

get it? :devil:

I wish people would be more intelligent about the way they post on these forums. I've seen a few threads in the General Discussion that contained spoilers where if the person just used COMMON SENSE they would have posted in the Spoiler Forum. Good thing the mods have been quick to move them. Also, I've seen morons putting spoilers as their thread title, even though they're posted in the spoiler forum. It seems common sense is lacking in a few people who frequent this forum. <_<

Dude, its just a game.

Just relax and enjoy it.

Clearly you could,'t be playing strategy games because you would affect the outcome of battles that had impact on the shaping of today's world.

get it? :p

I play stategy games.

And sorry but I seen a lot of good CRPGs that have nothing with saving the world, such as PST.

The "save the world" is the easy way to make a "epic game" and its overused on RPGs, many stategy games tend to be historical recreation of battles anyway ...

drakron.png

Dude, its just a game.

Just relax and enjoy it.

get it? o:)

I play stategy games.

And sorry but I seen a lot of good CRPGs that have nothing with saving the world, such as PST.

The "save the world" is the easy way to make a "epic game" and its overused on RPGs, many stategy games tend to be historical recreation of battles anyway ...

sure beats a rpg about real life *cough*sims*cough*

sure beats a rpg about real life *cough*sims*cough*

I play The Sims, not oddly enough it happens to be the most selling game in history with being in the top 10 for years.

The Sims sell because of the amount custom content avaible and the fact you dont have a exact goal, you can do what you please and as some people play the social aspect of the game others do the building aspect of the game.

And even if "real life" RPGs might be a problem there the fact "fantasy" is as a easy way out as "save the world" plots, making a RPG set in the real world main problem would be the realistic damage system (the old "one shoot, one kill" issue), the overall lack of special powers (magic, psionics, etc ...) and as in fantasy they can get away with inconsistences they could not in a system that is supposed to take place on the real world.

That is why "real world" tends to be used for adventure games were such elementes are not (much) used, the old "Police Quest" series is example of a good game set in the real world.

drakron.png