PC version more "polished"?

What?

I've heard people bitch about LucasArts, but I've thoroughly enjoyed every single LA game I've bought, and never had problems with it running on my computer.

To this day I've got Dark Forces, Full Throttle, Yoda Stories, X-Wing, Tie Fighter, X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter, X-Wing Alliance, Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight, Jedi Knight 2, and Jedi Knight 3 (I hate when you can't properly number/name sequels... it should be Dark Forces 3 and 4), Shadows of the Empire, Star Wars Power Battles, Episode 1, Episode 1 Racer, Rogue Squadron, Battle for Naboo, and Rogue Leader. (Probably a few other titles I left off).

Most of those I have on the PC. I've never had problems with any of them, and I can still find patches for the older games when I reinstall them.

Edit: Yep, I just checked, and I can still download patches for Dark Forces, Yoda Stories and X-Wing.

Those are mostly older though, and LA used to be EXCELLENT. The X-wing series is my favorite ever. However, lately it's been more and more cheap cash-ins, with a lot of bugs, cancelling good games for derivative crud, and a total lack of support. There were huge issues with kotor 1. Jedi Academy was ok, i guess, but the lack of support just killed it. Don't get me started on the month without working multiplayer...... (maybe that was just Raven though. not entirely sure) I do envy you the rogue squadron franchise, even though it's less simulation... Maybe my console hatred is just pent up anger :-

Why they don't release again X-Wing series with the graphics that are available now?

I think it would be much better than battlefront or whatevwer else.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

I was so disappointed when they basically put the flight stuff in galaxies, where there's little content and I'm not going to pay a subscription fee..... That was bad... There is a market for this stuff, (they rereleased freespace 2 a while ago), but it's not quite as big as the drooling 13 year old market.....

The only bugs I have encountered so far in the xbox versions are quests that are not triggering at the right moment or once you have netered an area where something is supposed to happen and you die, when you reload the quest is broken. Some dialogues also need to be fixed in that there are also problems with variables and wrong branches sometimes fire at the wrong moment. Also, a few places the text doesn't match exactly what is being said.

I don't understand how obvious stuff like this made it through testing. The thing is that this kind of bugs is very easy to fix by adding a few lines of code here and there and modifying the .tlk table for the dialogues. It just need to be thouroughly tested and I really hope they do it with the pc version.

I'm a little surprised that none of the reviewers ran in to these bugs (or if they did, I can't recall them commenting on it). They mentioned the FPS issues and the slowdowns, but not the game stopping bugs that some people in the tech forum are reporting.

I'm still curious just how widespread these issues are, or whether it just happens that everyone who has these problems decided to come to Obsidian's official forums to post about them. In other words, I'm wondering what the actual percentage of "buggy games" are compared to total sales.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Also keep in mind that not everyone who buys the game will be coming to the Internet to complain. Personally if I was a console junkie that got a buggy console game I would return it for the same game, if that one was buggy, I would return it to get my money back and spend it something else.

I wouldn't even bother with the forums.

I'm a little surprised that none of the reviewers ran in to these bugs (or if they did, I can't recall them commenting on it).  They mentioned the FPS issues and the slowdowns, but not the game stopping bugs that some people in the tech forum are reporting.

I'm still curious just how widespread these issues are, or whether it just happens that everyone who has these problems decided to come to Obsidian's official forums to post about them.  In other words, I'm wondering what the actual percentage of "buggy games" are compared to total sales.

Well the bugs I reported are most than likely caused by scripts setting/checking for variables and will only appear if you happen to save and reload at the wrong time at the wrong place.

My vote would go to Gluupor's scenes. Nothing will ever beat "Gluupor wonky" as a catch phrase.

"Go ahead, make my day"

"You can't handle the truth!"

"Luke, I am your father!"

"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get"

"Gluupor....Gluupor....Gluupor wonky"

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)