PC version more "polished"?

Tyan 9600 Pro. Quite supported. I'm sorry I can't afford new hardware. This was the best I could get a while back, saving most of my money for grad school. Somehow, I don't think that means I shouldn't be able to play allegedly supported games......

http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/tyan_t...iew/default.asp

My friend's got a laptop with some ATI mobile thing, also supported, I believe. It still doesn't work for him. Anyway, hopefully what Akari said will pan out and it'll be ok for ATI cards this time around at least.

I've never spent more than $150 on a video card, and never came across a game I couldn't play.

Lucky bastard <_<

$300 Golden sample Gainward Geforce 6800...I can't set Kotor above 4x AA and 8x AF without some pretty bad slow down. Guess I've got nothing major to whine about, yet I find myself frustrated I can't enjoy my games at the highest visual quality available.

On topic...God I hope they add something extra...despite the odds. I understand it can take a while to translate a game to other languages, find/fix bugs, and generally just make the title look all nice n' shiney...but 2 months?

Why...oh why...would it take that long? :huh:

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I generally buy from cheap sites like www.newegg.com and wait for sales.  Their everday price on a 9600 Pro with 128 megs of memory is $100 these days.

:p

9600 Pro? Don't you mean 9800? I bought my 9600 XT 128 about eight months ago and I think it cost me about $150?

I'm confused now. :)

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I got my card like a year and a half ago or so, I think. I should have waited a couple months because the 9800 dropped in price, but can't really predict. My compy's majorly cpu limited now, since it's a p4 1.6, so upgrades are kinda out now unless I'm going to gut the whole thing, and not really qualified for that..... I'm a classics major looking at 6-7 years of grad school after this year, so not like I can take out a loan against my gigantic behemoth teaching salary either :-

I'm not exaggerating.  My computer is fine, btw.  I have no similar problems with other games.  What do you mean by buggy copy?  Perhaps you were just very lucky.

With my usual luck with computers and games running smoothly on mine, I don't think the word "lucky" fits me. After the last patch, I don't know any people who have had issues with the PC version (other than minor hiccups).

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Well maybe I'll get to check out my friend's compy sometime, but my tech readout is in that bioware thread I linked to, and I have no stability issues. The only regular crash aside from KotOR is that browser bug in Homeworld 2 they never fixed because Sierra died. I think Far Cry crashed once. It also had an ocassional problem clearing objects in the River level when reloading, though nothing crash-worthy. Doom 3 maybe once or twice, and I fooled with it a lot. UT2k4, never had the slightest problem with, except for one mod that never really worked. Can't think of anything else that's had problems.

$300 Golden sample Gainward Geforce 6800...I can't set Kotor above 4x AA and 8x AF without some pretty bad slow down. Guess I've got nothing major to whine about, yet I find myself frustrated I can't enjoy my games at the highest visual quality available.

Well, if your cpu and ram limit the fps, then even the fastest graphics card cannot do much.

Man, I miss the days of 3dFXVoodoo1+2. :thumbsup: