Chronicles Part VIII

It's up on the official site.

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swkotor_sithlords/

Part VIII: The Redemption of Ulic Qel-Droma

Time frame: 3,986 B.B.Y.

Period name: Redemption

The dishonored instigator of the Sith War, ULIC QEL-DROMA, flitted through worlds like a gray shadow, filled with guilt and the ghosts of those he had corrupted. After ten years, Ulic reached the frozen tundra of RHEN VAR, and sought refuge in an abandoned fortress. Meanwhile, NOMI SUNRIDER, who once had affection for Ulic, mourned the man she had once loved while expending her energies in the rejuvenation of the order of the Jedi Knights. However, this came at the expense of nurturing her impressionable daughter, VIMA; the child of Nomi and the felled Andur Sunrider. Vima's lack of training caused her to rebel and flee the great Jedi convocation Nomi had arranged at Exis Station. Vima wished to see Ulic, and become his Padawan.

Despite severe reservations, Ulic agreed to teach her in the ways of the Force, though blind to it himself, and Vima began to soften, learning the Jedi credo of honor and duty. Meanwhile, a Cathar Jedi named SYLVAR, sought revenge on Ulic for the death of her mate, CRADO, who had died releasing the Sith STAR STORM. Tracking Vima with the help of a scavenger HOGGON, Sylvar reached Vima's location at the same time as Nomi, who had also engaged in a frantic search. Sylvar's aggressive attack against Ulic was fended off by Vima, and both Sylvar and Nomi had to prevail over their anger at Ulic, who had been cursed with the loss of his connection to the Force. Mercenary Hoggon, however, was less enamored with this forgiveness, and sensing a historic moment, shot Ulic in the back, killing him and making his own footnote in galactic history.

To the shock of those present, Ulic's corporeal being fell, but his spirit was swept up into a bright light. His ethereal form showed that despite his dark path and being blinded to the Force, he had finally progressed to a spiritual and mental apex; he had become a true Jedi Master. Nomi and Vima returned to the Jedi Knights with a new sense of commitment to the Force. While the Jedi order attempted to intercede in regional conflicts, such as the KANZ DISORDERS, the Republic remained in an uneasy period of peace until a vicious warrior race appeared to threaten the stability of the Republic twenty years later.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Sure. They could have done more with the chronicles but I think it's pretty cool that they ARE doing it.

At the very least, these background stories make it seem like the games are not set in a vacuum. It certainly gives fans some further insight into the setting.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Sure. They could have done more with the chronicles but I think it's pretty cool that they ARE doing it.

At the very least, these background stories make it seem like the games are not in set in a vacuum. It certainly gives fans some further insight into the setting.

Good point. After all, I'm sure the vast majority of KOTOR fans have never heard of TotJ much less read them!

Well, at least that deals with all the comic book series; now I imagine the 40-odd years between TotJ and K1 will be covered.

These Chronicles have been a big disappointment to me. They had so much potential, but in the end...meh.  <_<

I agree with you with this I mean they could have had so much more, and actually meant something, but I doubt that we'll even be getting to hear much aboot that war and stuff in the game. and wasnt ulic shot in the heart, cuz thats wht it looked like in the comic? :D

Where is the bell, wait for the bell, k i need the bell, wait the bell! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong!

Kazic wants you.... to join the pinkside!

At the very least, these background stories make it seem like the games are not in set in a vacuum. It certainly gives fans some further insight into the setting.

Good point. After all, I'm sure the vast majority of KOTOR fans have never heard of TotJ much less read them!

Where do u get them i have been wanting to read them, can u just get them at any ole comic store?

I was hoping these chronicles would be closer related to the games. For instance, more backstories about the various NPCs in KOTOR I and possibly the known ones in KOTOR II.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I was hoping these chronicles would be closer related to the games.  For instance, more backstories about the various NPCs in KOTOR I and possibly the known ones in KOTOR II.

I was hoping for something amongst theese lines.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

I was hoping these chronicles would be closer related to the games.  For instance, more backstories about the various NPCs in KOTOR I and possibly the known ones in KOTOR II.

This might be the build up to that with it going from early sith history to the more recent events, they'll only need to add a few more things:

*The mandalorian war

*The Jedi Civil war

*Back/new stories or events of note.

P.S Is there any back stories so far on Sion?

This might be the build up to that with it going from early sith history to the more recent events, they'll only need to add a few more things:

*The mandalorian war

*The Jedi Civil war

*Back/new stories or events of note.

P.S Is there any back stories so far on Sion?

Considering the game is supposed to be released officially on December 6th, it kind of defeats the purpose of these chronicles doesn't it? I thought the idea was to give people some background information before the game is out.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)