European release date

my guess would be you live in France .. we grew up with subtitles and you grew up with dubbed films .. of course you prefer the one you grew up with!

but dubbed films deprives the audience of an important thing imo, the free english lesson ..

Fortune favors the bald.

Hating your language? I always thought Scandinavians in common are very proud of their nation and so on.

But never mind, some languages sound horrible and some don't, who cares as long as we have the world language slang English...  :thumbsup:

I think he'd rather have scandinavians raping English than english raping Dutch. :huh:

When they translate games it sounds horrible. Better english than wrong and full of mistakes and funny accent home language

That depends on the quality of the dubbing. I have played games with outstanding translations, and some others just suck. Such is the case of HL2. I can't believe they allowed such a crappy dubbing for a game that has supposedly rocked the gaming industry. Oh well...

Never understood why people would want dubbed movies! It looks riddicolous and it takes away from the performance from actor.

It's a matter of getting used to it. Where I live, all movies are dubbed. I have heard we have some of the best dubbing pros here, and sometimes they are full-time actors of their own. If the translation team is good, the result will be good. However, I agree with you that nothing compares to the original performer once you get used to it.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I agree with you that nothing compares to the original performer once you get used to it.

What do you mean by this? :blink:

Uh... I mean that the original non-dubbed version of a movie/TV show is always better than the dubbed version, once you get used to watching the original, and then compare it with the dubbed. Clear now? :ermm:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I agree with you that nothing compares to the original performer once you get used to it.

Uh... I mean that the original non-dubbed version of a movie/TV show is always better than the dubbed version, once you get used to watching the original, and then compare it with the dubbed. Clear now? :ermm:

That's the response I got from some german friends. Being an international student in Australia I know a few from germany who are used to dubbing, but after coming to Australia they have gotten used to the original voices. Initially they thought the voices sounded wrong and funny, even though it was the original voices :ermm: Now they find it strange to watch dubbed movies.

That's the response I got from some german friends. Being an international student in Australia I know a few from germany who are used to dubbing, but after coming to Australia they have gotten used to the original voices. Initially they thought the voices sounded wrong and funny, even though it was the original voices :ermm: Now they find it strange to watch dubbed movies.

You've made a mistake in quoting. It wasn't me who said that. I like originals not the dubbed ones.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

my guess would be you live in France ..

Almost right, but no. Germany.

we grew up with subtitles and you grew up with dubbed films .. of course you prefer the one you grew up with!

There is much truth in your words. BTW I can also hardly believe that an English film sounds well after having dubbed it to French ;) , but definitely they will tell me something diffent.

but dubbed films deprives the audience of an important thing imo, the free english lesson ..

Good argument. But aren't there even in Denmark countless people (especially of the older generations) who don't understand anything, as films normally don't start at the first lesson but at the very last?

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

That's the response I got from some german friends. Being an international student in Australia I know a few from germany who are used to dubbing, but after coming to Australia they have gotten used to the original voices. Initially they thought the voices sounded wrong and funny, even though it was the original voices ;) Now they find it strange to watch dubbed movies.

Yes, that is the effect of usage. You always associate a person with a particular voice and get problems when they sound completely different and unfamiliar.

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

My thread concerned the Europe release date and/or downloadable content, not languages, but ok.

First of all, why no downloadable content on Live? It's fully possible, why are we being treated like this? How idiotic to say the least.

Second of all, KOTOR sounds better in English. I live in Sweden but I don't like to play games if they're not in English.

I'll probably borrow the PC version from a friend or something, seems like the Xboxers are getting their legs pulled on this one

My thread concerned the Europe release date and/or downloadable content, not languages, but ok.

First of all, why no downloadable content on Live? It's fully possible, why are we being treated like this? How idiotic to say the least.

Second of all, KOTOR sounds better in English. I live in Sweden but I don't like to play games if they're not in English.

I'll probably borrow the PC version from a friend or something, seems like the Xboxers are getting their legs pulled on this one

You will learn young one, that on this forum nothing stays the course it should... :D

And welcome to the boards fellow swed :devil:

EDIT: Swed <-- that's a really ugly sounding word.

I hate dubbed movies etc. Because simply I can't understand them....Thats of course unless they are dubbed into English.

You can always watch movies with subtitles.

It loses the feel of the movie, though! That's why dubbing is prefered over subtitles. Espically bad anime dubbing, that's the worst!

I hate dubbed movies etc. Because simply I can't understand them....Thats of course unless they are dubbed into English.

You can always watch movies with subtitles.

Tell me about it, why can't Square-Enix release their Final Fantasy-games in japanese with subtitles?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

C'mon imagine Han Solo speaking German or French!!!! :thumbsup:  :devil:

The German dub of the original Star Wars trilogy is actually the best dub I have ever seen for an American movie. The voices are perfect, heck I can't think of one voice that is worse than the English one, not even Vader. Most of them I like even better than in the original movie.

Episode II on the other hand has to be the worst choice of voices I have ever seen in a movie :p

They went from perfect voices and good translations in the original trilogy to bad voices and horrendous translations in the new ones.

They should have given the job of dubbing the movies to Fox Germany, like in the old ones. Now they have given the job to someone else and the voices are choosen by LucasFilm in America, although they have no clue about the German language.

At least KotOR was translated quite good...

Dude, I had downloaded the OT of SW when it wasn't released yet on DVD.

The fact that the text in the Empire Strikes Back was in German, freaked me out :thumbsup::p

at least the dialogue during the movie was in english....

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Although I'm going to get the game for pc I wander if the game will come out in Canada the same date as in the US because I was in my EB games and noticed a sign that said that it was coming out for xbox in December but it coild have only meant for the US but usally we get stuff the same date as the US :thumbsup: