Designer Rambling: Echani

Well, there were also alien Mandalorians in the comics.

I've never seen alien Mandalorians in the comics, don't they look like humans?

But different cultures within the same race is highly plausible, just look at the world we live in today.

You are right. But in a whole hyperspace traveling galaxy, however, the population should be a little bit more varied. For my taste, in KotOR1 you ran into too many humans (and twileks).

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

Well, there were also alien Mandalorians in the comics.

I've never seen alien Mandalorians in the comics, don't they look like humans?

Dark Horse comics, Knights of the Old Republic series has them looking alien.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Is Atton Rand a secret Echani?

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

He is a scoundrel, not very muscular but extra endurant. Does it make any sense? he is on an important mission and he always plays with all the females he sees, trying to cause a public conflict, and finally get into prison and be executed. (If the pc is ds he will get off the prison, and he would seek to ruin the republic). And there is probably the planet of the Hutt in the game. See? :thumbsup:

There is hope beyond hope

I'm thinking it's desciple. It's not handmaiden I don't think, but it could be. She is supposed to be good in hand to hand combat.

Welcome to the Pink side of the Force

Revenge is a dish best served in a warm, pink tupperware dish!

Grrrr to Atris! Snooty, stuck-up little....

Pink Side Master to Darth Gandalf, Trooper, Ronil Organ, Bokishi, Mr_Dashman, Stargate: 2000, mista_me, DarthDoGooder, GarethCarrots, Ludozee, and Obi-Wan Kenobi

That would be pretty interesting to me. Handmaiden as the Echani? No offense to any of the ladies in here, but, stereotypically, I dont think of women as excellent hand-to-hand fighters.

I can see it now...a high level woman Echani:

"Dude! You just got beat up by a girl!" LOL. That would be a great option in dialogue.

Well DDG, you obviously haven't ever fought me. Or my katana. :cool:

Welcome to the Pink side of the Force

Revenge is a dish best served in a warm, pink tupperware dish!

Grrrr to Atris! Snooty, stuck-up little....

Pink Side Master to Darth Gandalf, Trooper, Ronil Organ, Bokishi, Mr_Dashman, Stargate: 2000, mista_me, DarthDoGooder, GarethCarrots, Ludozee, and Obi-Wan Kenobi

• 1 month later...
Ahh...the memories come flooding back.  I always gave the Yusani's Brand to Candy until I could give him dual Baragwin Assault Blades :

:thumbsup:

That's the one. Now I'm wondering if whatever designer came up with the fate of the Echani was inspired by that item description, or if it's just a freak coincidence.... :blink:

Well it turns out they were inspired by that item description after all - as Yusanis (the famous Ecani warrior/general/senator who died at the hands of Darth Revan), turns out to be

the Handmaiden's father

! (w00t)

manthing2.jpg