Dog eat dog.

Make your choice carefully, padawan!  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Make your choice carefully, padawan!

• Anakin Skywalker aka Darth Vader
    • Emperor Palpatine aka Darth Sidious
    • Revan / Darth Revan
    • Exar Kun
    • Yoda
    • Luke Skywalker
    • Obi Wan Kenobi
    • Mace Windu
    • Qui-Gon Jinn
    • Dath Maul

I never really liked the fact that Exar was so extremely powerful as he was .. but if you follow the stories then Exar would own everyone!

but if I could have it my way Vader and Luke should be the most powerful figures in SW ..

Fortune favors the bald.

I never really liked the fact that Exar was so extremely powerful as he was .. but if you follow the stories then Exar would own everyone!

but if I could have it my way Vader and Luke should be the most powerful figures in SW ..

Yes, they should have ruled the galaxy as father and son.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Unfortunatly Exar Kun was nothing more than a useless comic book character... he has no special history before his birth and was no more than a fallen Jedi that learnt some sith magics...

If he were portrayed in the films rather than by some hyped up comic book junkie then he would of been considerably weaker <_<

Such argument is no argument at all.

Firstl Lucas himself participated in creation of Exar Kun.

Second, I can say as well that Vader is just a character from some crappy movie from 70s and so on... this is as idiotic

I don't know how someone can be so dumb to question comic or novel only becouse he doesn't like the vision of something. It's firmed by GL and live with it.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Well in the Sith poll, Exar came 3rd way behind Vader and Sidious.

So not anyone thinks that this looser is the most powerful dude in Star Wars.

Yeah but facts are facts, Vader and Palpi had lame force powers.

And besides everything is a matter of opinion.

I say that, as for comic character, 3rd place just behind characters from movies seen by billions is still a very good score.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

And besides everything is a matter of opinion.

Everyone in the movies seemed to had lame Force powers, otherwise the movies would be a bit pointless.

Second, I can say as well that Vader is just a character from some crappy movie from 70s and so on

you could .. but you'd be wrong! :lol:

but yes Exar is an established character sanctioned by the man himself .. so no point in saying his not part of the "real" SW ..

(still think he's to powerful though ..)

and a fair warning to everyone .. don't argue EU with Nur .. he's very touchy on the subject!! hehe j/k

Fortune favors the bald.

Touchy and well fortified against various loosers who don't know EU well, but of course discuss about it...

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Touchy and well fortified...

but still your main argument is GL .. you just have one strong wall .. not a fortification! but don't get me wrong .. it's a strong wall!

But I think we agreed at some point earlier that it isn't fair to judge powers based on a movie made in the 70'es with their limited technology .. and a book where the imagination can create any visual effect!

Fortune favors the bald.

Ok, then Nur Ab just tell us how you do imagine your battle.

I think Palpi would attack Exar with lighnings (if you've read Dark Empire, watched the movies and all sources about him you know that he only mastered that) or with lightsaber. Vader would attack Exar with lightsaber and try to overwhelm him with his brutal power, or choke him. Exar would be amused for a moment with those two clowns and then used one of his spells to send them to some other dimension or to blow their veins or create immediately some nasty creatures (we know that he developed hundreds of predatory species on Yavin) that would just eat them. In any case he would be unbeatable, especially if you notice the fact that

to destroy Vader & Palpi it took a few force-users while to destroy Exar it took thousands.

All im saying is if The movies were comic books rather then you would see palpy and vader being **** loads stronger

Vader and Palpi are present in dozens of comics, novels and shortstories. In all of them Palpi always uses lightning and Vader is same as in the movies - brutal thug with lightsaber who overwhelms opponents with raw power. Not impressing.

But I think we agreed at some point earlier that it isn't fair to judge powers based on a movie made in the 70'es with their limited technology .. and a book where the imagination can create any visual effect

Agreed - I only gave movie example to show Jaden how stupid is criticizing EU source only becouse we don't agree with it.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

in all fairness it would've taken quite a few Jedis to kill The Emperor as well .. only thousands didn't exsist at the time .. plus Exar was well prepared for the attack! Palpatine was not ..

edit: and strip Exar of all his enhancing amulets and trinkets and he would not be so powerful! you have to take that into account as well ..

Fortune favors the bald.

Exar was well prepared for the attack! Palpatine was not ..

Cannot agree. Palpi set all events acc to his plan. It was an accident that he died and that accident shown his weakness. Exar was taken by complete surprise by the Jedi Fleet and yet managed to find emergency way.

and strip Exar of all his enhancing amulets and trinkets and he would not be so powerful! you have to take that into account as well ..

Right but even without them Exar still has his magic and powerful spells. They're only enhancing his power, they aren't source of his power.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

and strip Exar of all his enhancing amulets and trinkets and he would not be so powerful! you have to take that into account as well ..

Right but even without them Exar still has his magic and powerful spells. They're only enhancing his power, they aren't source of his power.

absolutely .. but as I said not so powerful! he was quite formidable in his stories I will give you no arguments over that! but he did "cheat" a little with all the stuff he hauled to him! o:)

if you strip him of everything, his spells and amulets etc etc. he was still powerful .. but not 10000xJedi powerful ..

Fortune favors the bald.

absolutely .. but as I said not so powerful! he was quite formidable in his stories I will give you no arguments over that! but he did "cheat" a little with all the stuff he hauled to him! 

if you strip him of everything, his spells and amulets etc etc. he was still powerful .. but not 10000xJedi powerful ..

Of course! But he'd still manage to finish amateurs like Vader and his rotten master.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Although, I wouldn't mind seeing how Obi-wan's ability to have everything go his way through no particular action of his own would fare when matched up with Revan's ability to survive a dozen or so lightsabre slashes.

This ability has every NPC in KOTOR. This is part of game mechanics not actual star wars ability.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Of course! But he'd still manage to finish amateurs like Vader and his rotten master.

Yoda was supposedly the most powerful force user the galaxy had ever seen (before Anakin) and he couldn't stand up to Sidious.

I don't think Exar would stand much of a chance against good old Dantius without his temples, which Palpatine could probably also draw upon as well.

Although, I wouldn't mind seeing how Obi-wan's ability to have everything go his way through no particular action of his own would fare when matched up with Revan's ability to survive a dozen or so lightsabre slashes.

This ability has every NPC in KOTOR. This is part of game mechanics not actual star wars ability.

I know, but it's funnier to talk about it as an actual ability.

Ok, time for some good ol' EU bashing. :D

Firstl Lucas himself participated in creation of Exar Kun.

Yes, it was like... 'yeah, yeah, do whatever you want. Now where's my money?' Supposedly Lucas also had a hand in the creation of those horrid EU books in which Chewie is absurdly murdered. I don't think he would have either of these things in a movie.

Lame? No, no. Choking a poor admiral and frying some Jedi wannabe with lightning is not lame. It's reasonable. Draining thousands of beings from their life essence, having a Force cannon for an arm, and brainwashing Jedi in the blink of an eye, now that is lame.

Cannot agree. Palpi set all events acc to his plan. It was an accident that he died and that accident shown his weakness. Exar was taken by complete surprise by the Jedi Fleet and yet managed to find emergency way.

Not quite. He did know that Ulic's attack would fail. He didn't seem to care at all, for he didn't prepare any contingency plans in the event of a more than likely republic counterstrike. Palpatine may have underestimated Vader's humanity, but Exar Kun was blind to say the least, or just dumb.

Enough bashing for now. o:)

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I would say Revan/Darth Revan.

No Nur, not simply because he makes me feel like superman.

He would use his supreme tactical mind to work his way through the weakest opponent to the strongest opponent. he would form alliances with others to take on the strongest guy, (Exar Kun), and then betray them, striking them when they least expect it.

Revan would also find a way around Exar, removing him from his amulets etc, and either destroy them, or maybe use them for himself. If he was a former Jedi, then a Sith, he must have studied something on Sith history. Revan using those amulets is extremly unlikely, but I beleive Revan would win the day.

My idea, be gentle in destroying it.