i wonder what dantoonie is gonna look like?

In much the same condition as it is going to be found some oh....4 thousand years later...

And with all the buildings destroyed

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

More than likely it will be ruins.... or maybe just one BIG crater. The main question I have is how wide spread will the damage be? will it just be the accademy or will it be the majority of the planets surrface that took damage?

As to there being (lightside) force ghosts on the planet, I think if we are going to see them anywhere in the game they will be there. I also think this might be where we will get our first glance at the force pockets/clouds that are going to featured in the game.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

The dark side force pockets that were present in the E3 demo...you never heard of them? :-

From what I understand, a DS force pocket is a place where you can go to get a lot of DS points. If you resist, its possible to not get any but more likely if you fail the check youll still get some. If you want to stay light, its better to avoid them. It is unknown whether there are LS force pockets as yet.

In the demo there were certain areas with crackling, violet-blue, tangible Dark Force that you could target like a lootable item.

When you'd first step into the room, you'd get a message stating that you can feel the incredible power of the Dark Side in that place.  When you targeted the pocket, you had several options from trying to ignore it to basking in it, according to your alignment.  You even get the option to cleanse the area of it.  However, in the demo, even with the tweaked character, I couldn't do it.  All I managed to do was get craploads of DSP.

There might be LS force pockets, but this is still unknown. Just FYI this was shown in the E3 demo.

Force pockets ????? what all this about ????

I must of missed something..... <_<

How else do you think you are going to carry all the loot? :)

Okay, sensible answer. In the E3 demo it was reported that there where clouds (pockets) of dark side energy which you could choose to absorb for DS points or resist.

I hope this kinda clears it up.... thus far outside of the E3 demo it hasn't been confirmed though since it was mentioned in the demo I am willing to bet that they are in the game, hopefully a dev will see this a either comfirm or renounce this statement. Also its never been said that there will be Lightside force pockets just DS so far (E3 demo) just kind of a guess that there might be.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

AscendedPaladin.png

not a problem :-

AscendedPaladin.png

They have one picture...

That's the first time that i've seen Kinraths on a plain.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Maybe they mutated :thumbsup:.

I wonder, though, since Malak took all the Jedi knights and drained the energy of them in the Star Forge, will there be any 'ghosts' on Dantooine?

Perhaps Master "I look like Yoda but I'm not really him" will appear to us :).

And, those Force things sound pretty neat. I can't wait to enter them :D. By the way, isn't there a picture of that? It shows the PC (I think) kneeling in a room with the floor covered in lightning.

Mr U

You are correct, I think there is a pic of this on what looks like korriban. It says something like, you resisted the call, but you can still feel the taint of the Dark side on you.

Also, even if Malak aborbed Jedi, it looked like he didn't get any of the Masters (just the same, mullet-headed Jedi 5 times lol).

Master Vandar (the yoda like one) showing up would depend on what path you told Atton that Revan took. You probably will meet a few LS force ghosts there, though I don't see how they could have any relevant information ( sincethey died before the 1st game) for you.

Oh well, we'll know soon eh?

Welcome to the Pink side of the Force

Revenge is a dish best served in a warm, pink tupperware dish!

Grrrr to Atris! Snooty, stuck-up little....

Pink Side Master to Darth Gandalf, Trooper, Ronil Organ, Bokishi, Mr_Dashman, Stargate: 2000, mista_me, DarthDoGooder, GarethCarrots, Ludozee, and Obi-Wan Kenobi

I think Datoonie, besides the Jedi Enclave will be pretty much the same.

As for the Enclave itself, I imagine, they'll be a secret or two, perhaps something underground

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I know Vandar's name, but I thought his appearance as a jedi master was rather cheesy. Yoda was a deep, wise character, and although Vandar was deep and wise, there was no real connection between the two.

I think someone said on this board that KOTOR 1 missed sacrifice. I believe KOTOR 1 missed a real connection between characters. It was not satisfying at all for me to pick the Dark Side (Although I did :D), simply because it was way too easy. Vandar seemed so distant.

Relevant information? Well, maybe not plot info if that is what you are referring to, but they will be able to have info on the force. They might be able to teach you stuff.

Still, as I'm unsure of the composition of the storyline, further speculation on LS ghosts is irrelevant. I wonder whether we can still visit the ruins on Dantooine and get a look at the Star Map. Perhaps Atton will ask us whether Revan picked up the Jedi robe from Nemo's body. If we are lucky we can travel there, and pick it up from his corpse, or is that too much to hope for? :p

Mr U

I would assume that Dantooine would look the same with the Sandral and Matale houses and anything else looking the same. As for the Academy, I think that it will look bombed into submission like Taris was. I really can't wait to get back there. I'm sure Vandar might be there after Revan defeated Malak in the battle of the SF, LS of course.