Hype factor...

In KOTOR we are told how powerful Revan was and then we learn that we were Revan and that hyped us up even more. I would like to know how hyped up would you like this game to make you? I hope we here lines like "Indeed you are powerful as our master thought!" or lines that Darth Vader or The Emperor used describing Luke in Episodes V and VI. Hope this is a good topic. What do you guys think?

In KOTOR we are told how powerful Revan was and then we learn that we were Revan and that hyped us up even more. I would like to know how hyped up would you like this game to make you? I hope we here lines like "Indeed you are powerful as our master thought!" or lines that Darth Vader or The Emperor used describing Luke in Episodes V and VI. Hope this is a good topic. What do you guys think?

I would like for them to say how not powerful I was, then I become stronger and b!tch slap all the bigger and badder guys....be the underdog, be the Italian Stallion....

I agree with OSW, except for a different reason.

I don't want to be ultra powerful. I'd rather be just one of the masses who happens to have, maybe, information or knowledge that could lead to the Sith's downfall. KOTOR allowed me to be "the most powerful" or whatever. I just want to be a strong, but not strongest, Jedi who has to defeat the Sith (or the Republic) on guile and intelligence, rather than just because my character had the ability to crush anyone with his ability in the Force

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

bah I want to be uber powerful so everyone trembles before my might B) i dont want to be just one of the masses if i need reminding of that i just look at my own life :lol: its a good break from real life anonimity to be the one, the top boy, the daddy :p

I loved it when they said how powerfull Revan was, and than we found out we were actually Revan. That would be cool again, we have some uber powerfull thing inside of your character, and you will ventually unleash it and use it to destroy the sith or take over the Galaxy for yourself.

After you found out you were Revan though you couldn’t really do anything about it, it felt like you were just swept up in the events.

Done right discovering you are very powerful is a nice plot twist.

Done right becoming very powerful by yourself, is better.

i know for a fact, i didnt have more constitution that malak of force points.

but i did have more strength and alot better light saber damage.

the only powers i used were master speed. and force immunity. and some how i managed to beat him under 2 minutes even with him healing with all the fallen jedis.

i mean when i was on the star forge i was actually killing all the dark jedi apprentices and stuff with only one hit. or course the whole time i was using those 2 force moves from before.

I understand that building a powerful character is very important. I agree. But to build a powerful character and not be recognized for it is not good. If we fought and destroyed every powerful character in KOTOR II and not be told how powerful we were after each battle would be terrible in my opinion. We should be recognized as inferior early on then, hopefully, powerful later on.

I understand that building a powerful character is very important. I agree. But to build a powerful character and not be recognized for it is not good. If we fought and destroyed every powerful character in KOTOR II and not be told how powerful we were after each battle would be terrible in my opinion. We should be recognized as inferior early on then, hopefully, powerful later on.

I agree :unsure:

NuGgEt:

"That would be cool again, we have some uber powerfull thing inside of your character, and you will ventually unleash it and use it to destroy the sith or take over the Galaxy for yourself."

It would be cool if you had some ultra powerful alien living inside your chest and it burst out and took over the universe.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Being powerful isn't a top priority on my list. I want my character to be important, maybe a katalyst even, and have the wisdom to either be the grandeur hero or the most sinister ever.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Stupid Munchkins.

Edit: I would rather have a supple character that is suppose to have great tactical abilitys, so then the game is harder.

^Got something here.... :) honestly....

I would like for them to say how not powerful I was, then I become stronger and b!tch slap all the bigger and badder guys....be the underdog, be the Italian Stallion....

Rocky still lost...heh...

Not in the second one, which I was implying...you get beat the first time then come back...for the second time...

Well, I do agree with what some people here have already been saying.. There's no need to be "ultra-powerful", nor for the game to end with us being like that, at least if it's forced on us. But I think that the choice should be there for those who wants it to be like that. But for me, I'd rather see the game end in a number of other ways, for once....

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

Being powerful isn't a top priority on my list. I want my character to be important, maybe a katalyst even, and have the wisdom to either be the grandeur hero or the most sinister ever.

Not only being powerful, but being known for being smart. Revan did kill Mandalore himself but was a genius on the field. I would like to be known as smart as well.