Lightsabre colours

Is that too many?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Is that too many?

• Yes, I believe that there should only be the 4 from the film (blue, green, red + purple).
    • Yes, the 7 available in KotOR1 are enough (as above, plus yellow, orange + aqua).
    • Don't know.
    • No.
    • No I want all the colours of the rainbow!
    • I'm a grumpy fcuk, who always moans about polls.

Also, what are the new colours that we know about so far?

I heard some mention silver/grey.

silver/grey is a color if u watch the trailer ull see it in there briefly. and i also heard someone mention black i think. B)

I think that 1 was only speculation but i could be wrong. ;)

The devs never answered if it was true or not, but someone else said in one of the questions to the devs that it was impossible and I can sorta understand why they would think so, but that withstanding it would still be cool to see it even once.

I voted for as many as there are in the rainbow... or whatever that option is. I think it would give people the feeling that they are making their own Jedi becuse with all the armor, masks, and blade colours (possibly hilts too) then you could have a rare looking jedi. I know there will still be many copies of jedi we each choose but it will be very limited because of the ammount of choices the player has in creating their own jedi.

By what ur saying ur jedi will look like a cross between a Telly tubby and a Power Ranger! :blink:;) ;)

How in the hell did you get that from my post???

all I said is that, this is the reasoning behind wanting more colours, that it would give the player a chance to create their own version of what a Jedi would be weither it be with a blue lightsaber, mandalorian armor, and a sith mask or a silver lightsaber with Jedi master robes and a stabalizer mask, who knows and frankly who cares, /my choice for that matter what the jedi I create looks like. If you don't want anymore than three or four colours then don't use anymore than those colours because thats your choice, and I wouldn't fault you for it either. <_<

Chill, i was making a joke! ;)

What i meant is that with all these choices and colours that u could end up with a cross between a Telly Tubby and a Power Ranger! As i said this was the image that formed in my mind. ;)

No offense intended.

Sorry too much coffee and no tobacco in the house today so I am a little on edge at the moment ;)

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

No probs, it was just an example of what goes on in my sick mind.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

I'm a grumpy fuck, who always moans about certain polls.... :)

for some reason that doesnt surprise me B)

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

silver/grey is a color if u watch the trailer ull see it in there briefly. and i also heard someone mention black i think. B)

I think that 1 was only speculation but i could be wrong. :)

Akari confirmed yesterday that silver was indeed one of the new colors here

And, Obi-Wan did have a green lightsaber at one point. He never made a green one, he almost always used blue, but he did use a green one to kill Maul on Naboo if you'll remember.

I think that 1 was only speculation but i could be wrong. :)

Akari confirmed yesterday that silver was indeed one of the new colors here

And, Obi-Wan did have a green lightsaber at one point. He never made a green one, he almost always used blue, but he did use a green one to kill Maul on Naboo if you'll remember.

you fool that was quigons of course it was green qui gon used green. watch the movie obi wan lost his so technically its not his

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

I know it was qui gons, I said he usually used a blue one and never made a green one, but used a green one to kill Maul. Sure, it may not have been his, but he used it, didn't he? Henceforth, he has used a green one. And I don't remember what color his saber was in Ep II during the big battle on Geonosis. I'd assume is was blue, but since some random jedi threw his a saber it could have been something else.

what other colour do you think will be in the game sicne there is going to be ten?

we know atleast 6 for sure plus two maybe (never confirmed that I know of)

blue

green

yellow

red

purple

silver/grey/white

orange (maybe)

aqua (maybe)

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

AscendedPaladin.png

what other colour do you think will be in the game sicne there is going to be ten?

blue

green

yellow

red

purple

silver/grey/white

orange (maybe)

aqua (maybe)

black. i dont care if its impossible i want a black lightsaber. i mean the weapon itself isnt possible B)

his was blue anakins was green

Anakins was blue also! It was only nr the end when his sabre was broken that he was given a green one! Also in ANH Luke was given Anakins sabre which was blue also.

Edit: sorry just got ur point, forget what i said.

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

blue

green

yellow

red

purple

silver/grey/white

orange (maybe)

aqua (maybe)

black. i dont care if its impossible i want a black lightsaber. i mean the weapon itself isnt possible B)

What I ment and I think what others might have ment by impossible is that in a game like this where you are going between light and dark areas it would take more to make a black lightaber than to make say a blue one. mainly because if you were in a dark room you wouldn't see your saber at all, if you were in a bright room it wouldn't make much difference. other than that I can't see it being any different.

Though I could be wrong on all points listed above. B)

AscendedPaladin.png

blue

green

yellow

red

purple

silver/grey/white

orange (maybe)

aqua (maybe)

What I ment and I think what others might have ment by impossible is that in a game like this where you are going between light and dark areas it would take more to make a black lightaber than to make say a blue one. mainly because if you were in a dark room you wouldn't see your saber at all, if you were in a bright room it wouldn't make much difference. other than that I can't see it being any different.

i understand that but other ppl said that they could make it lighter in the center and get darker as it goes out or vice versa so it isnt pitch black B)

blue

green

yellow

red

purple

silver/grey/white

orange (maybe)

aqua (maybe)

i understand that but other ppl said that they could make it lighter in the center and get darker as it goes out or vice versa so it isnt pitch black B)

I never thought of that.... I guess that would solve some of the problem. :D

AscendedPaladin.png

you know it doesnt really matter what color ur saber is. Ok for one thing its an rpg so tons of colors helps it. and if you dont want to see a certain color in the game then solution dont use it. all the sith in kotor have had either a red or purple lightsaber so i bet the sith in this game will be the same and if they have multi colors and you feel you cant distinguish them well this should help. YOU are JEDI and THEY are SITH so therefore YOU are fighting the SITH with the green lightsaber ok. The entire point of the game is to either save the jedi or join the sith but which ever path you choose you're still gonna fight sith :)

oh one last thing erm if you target an enemy at the top of the screen it tells you who or what you targeted so if it says sith well u know its a sith and if it says jedi then you know its a jedi and if you're still confused well you're not gonna find a sith in a jedi academy unless he plans on freaking up the place and vice versa

I'm not sure I see your point, GeneralCrimson.

We know what colors the Sith and Jedi will have.

I think we're all just referring to lightsabers for the Player Character and/or playable NPCs/party members.

did you read the previous posts? they were talking about distinguishing sith from jedi. and the top of my post i said more colors only make the game better because players get w/e color they want instead of being stuck with a small amount of colors. so basically if a guy wants to have a black lightsaber then ok. if he wants a brownish lightsaber with a tint of red then ok as long as it doesnt take to much time to put it into the game i mean. but if it does then screw it i'm fine with one color. Ok i admit i wanted to see what a pink lightsaber was like :) and maybe a mix would be cool. half blue half green

I'm not sure I see your point, GeneralCrimson.

We know what colors the Sith and Jedi will have.

I think we're all just referring to lightsabers for the Player Character and/or playable NPCs/party members.

did you read the previous posts? they were talking about distinguishing sith from jedi. and the top of my post i said more colors only make the game better because players get w/e color they want instead of being stuck with a small amount of colors. so basically if a guy wants to have a black lightsaber then ok. if he wants a brownish lightsaber with a tint of red then ok as long as it doesnt take to much time to put it into the game i mean. but if it does then screw it i'm fine with one color. Ok i admit i wanted to see what a pink lightsaber was like :p and maybe a mix would be cool. half blue half green

In that case, I'd like mine half blue, half red with green spots throughout! :blink:

I think gold might look cool. Yeah, it will be similar to yellow, but a much darker shade. Other than that, I really can't think of many other "new" colors they could use without being too much like the ones we already know exist.