"If he joins us on the path to darkness..."

Aren't there sith prestige classes already disclosed?

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

If they were very slick about how they made your character develop differently on each side it wouldnt be as hard to incorporate it into the 3rd. Since in this one you probably won't turn out to be a Revanlike person. The end could just be like one ending DS, you turn into Darth Blah, LS ending you fight darth blah since your not Darth blah. lol.. Dunno tho.. Should be interesting! B)

Ambrosia3.gif

Think about this way. If they said "he or she will join us to the path of darkness", it well, sounds weird. It makes them sound like they aren't quite sure who they are trying to find, which won't make much sense, because they believe, you are, allegedly, the last jedi.

Then why won't they just say "If this person joins us on the path to darkness...." or "If this Jedi joins us on the path to darkness...."

Don't you think that makes more sense?

Well when i watched the E3 trailer, near the end it showed a DS female PC and she was talking to a sith lord and a couple of dark jedi, and the suggestion that I got was that he was trying to get you to join the sith as he sensed the darkness in you, soooo I assumed that you would be able to join the sith, but as always i may be wrong (tho i hope not) ;)

History of Language Lesson!

The Romans spoke Latin. Well and good.

In a mixed group, they defaulted to the masculine. What does that mean, you ask?

Well, the word for boy is puer. We get the word "puerile" from it. Now, if you have two boys, that's pueri. It's the same for fifty boys. Now, if you have fifty boys and one girl, Latin still uses pueri. By contrast, a group of puellae, or girls, can only have girls in it. Stick one boy in there, and you're back to...That's right! Pueri.

Now, what does that have to do with KotOR saying "if he joins us..."?

Very simple. When English grammarians were making the rules for the language over the years, they had Latin in the back of their heads. This is why you aren't supposed to "split an infinitive." The most famous example of this error is Star Trek's "To boldly go..." line. In Latin, infinitives, which are translated as "to go," "to run," "to love," etc. are one word: ire, currare, amare.

So! The reason the people at Obsidian said "if he joins us..." is probably because of a Latinate tendency to default to the masculine in cases where the gender of the person is unknown or mixed.

This is also why Canderous repeatedly called Revan "he" in the first Knights of the Old Republic. It's not a sexist thing, so far as I know.

--Gheralt

In a mixed group, they defaulted to the masculine. What does that mean, you ask?

Well, the word for boy is puer. We get the word "puerile" from it. Now, if you have two boys, that's pueri. It's the same for fifty boys. Now, if you have fifty boys and one girl, Latin still uses pueri. By contrast, a group of puellae, or girls, can only have girls in it. Stick one boy in there, and you're back to...That's right! Pueri.

Very simple. When English grammarians were making the rules for the language over the years, they had Latin in the back of their heads. This is why you aren't supposed to "split an infinitive." The most famous example of this error is Star Trek's "To boldly go..." line. In Latin, infinitives, which are translated as "to go," "to run," "to love," etc. are one word: ire, currare, amare.

So! The reason the people at Obsidian said "if he joins us..." is probably because of a Latinate tendency to default to the masculine in cases where the gender of the person is unknown or mixed.

This is also why Canderous repeatedly called Revan "he" in the first Knights of the Old Republic. It's not a sexist thing, so far as I know.

--Gheralt

;) erm......glad thats cleared up ;)

--Gheralt

Thank you.

They said "he" for language purposes - I don't think that it had anything to do with your character.

"Working for Davik was like driving a spike in the side of your head. Sure, you got something new up there, but in the end, you've lost something as well." - Canderous

"But I though Jedi weren't allowed to love." - Handmaiden

"But some do it anyway. We call it pulling a Bindo." - The Exile

--Gheralt

^^'nuff said :p

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

ohh come on.

think quicker people

he and she are both programmed into the game. just like kotor. remember.

in kotor if your a dude you flirt with bastilla

and female, carth flirts with. you

and when your a guy you heard, he him he'll that stuff.

and girl she she'll her.

its all pre-programed.

Guest Michael Chu
I recently watched the KotORII trailer... They say 'he' plenty of times talking about the main character... Does this mean we don't have the choice to customize our character to female etc?

Does anyone know this for sure?

You will be able to play through KotOR2 as male or female.

You will be able to play through KotOR2 as male or female.

Thanks for clearing that up Chu :(

It was already clear from the start, since the beginning stages of TSL developers said that you'll be able to play as a male/female, but only a human, not alien species.

I see it like this, Obsidian needs to go back and make it to where if you are a male, the characters refer to you has him/he/he'll/his/this man etc....If you are a female the characters refer to you as her/she/she'll/hers/this woman etc....It makes more sense that way.

Yeah OLD SKOOL WHEELMAN, this is a odd topic.