So....what happens when a Jedi prestige class....

I think this isn't a conceptual problem, because the "Jedi Master" class leads to improved LS abilities. And when you might decide to behave evil, then your LS abilities will cost more force points. Going this destructive way you don't automatically become a "Sith Lord" (in terms of class), but merely fool yourself and others. At this point even your last loyal party members (and possibly other Jedi allies respectively) will rebel against you, and in the end you won't have any advantages.

I don't think that's a very good way to handle it, though. The Dark Side is supposed to be seductive and powerful to even the greatest of the Jedi; if it simply destroyed all their advantages when they embraced it, then the only Dark Side users would be the people who started as Sith.

Just as Anakin Skywalker could become Darth Vader and be powerful in both incarnations, so room must be left for players who want to start out Light and slide into the Dark, or vice versa.

I think the stronger a Jedi master is the less susceptible he is to the DS. As the name implies he/she is a master of the light side.

I don't understand a player who has already gone the long and hard way to become a Jedi Master and then, without a comprehensible reason, behaves like a schizophrenic maniac. So I don't have any problems with a game that doesn't allow for such strange careers.

By the way, Anakin has never reached the rank of Jedi Master. He's been a young padawan/knight with let me say "mental problems".

The problem with beliving that once you reached the level of Jedi Master that you would be less susceptible to going dark is (I would think anyway) more than a little off, I mean there is always the old adage "power corupts and absolute power corupts absolutly!". I would think that a Jedi master would be more likely to fall because of the fact that they do have so much power. Now as to what Obsidian would do when you fell to the DS well I guess the only thing they could do (since I think its been said that once you choose a prestige class you can't change it) is to apply a heavier than normal penalty on the force powers you choose to use. As to the NPCs well its been said that you will be able to corupt some of them into following you from one side to the other, So while some may leave I would think that obsidian would make sure that atleast the base NPCs would stay with you to ensure you have a chance to finish the game.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

(...)

As to the NPCs well its been said that you will be able to corupt some of them into following you from one side to the other, So while some may leave I would think that obsidian would make sure that atleast the base NPCs would stay with you to ensure you have a chance to finish the game.

The droids will stay with you.

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

I was thinking more along the lines of Kreia and Atton, they both join the party early on and will more than likely stay with you through most of the game. Or maybe the apprentice will stay regaurdless of alignment (saying we can get an apprentice). But I guess this is one question that either has to be answered by a dev of answered the first couple playthroughs of TSL.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

AscendedPaladin.png

In the whole discussion my point has always been that when you choose to become a "Jedi Master" then your "evil" friends will have left you and when you choose to become a "Sith Lord" then your "good" friends will turn against you. And later on when you abruptly decide to defect to the other side then, from a logical standpoint, there shouldn't be any party members left over (except for the droids and maybe some other neutral fool).

IMO your class won't change even if you turn to dark side... or to light side.

altough hopefully you can't advance in LS prestige class if your LS/DS meter is is the dark, and vice versa.

"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.

IMO your class won't change even if you turn to dark side... or to light side.

altough hopefully you can't advance in LS prestige class if your LS/DS meter is is the dark, and vice versa.

Yes, that would be a good way to prevent this.

If I am not misstaken the devs have said that there will be some NPCs that you can't effect. I would guess since everyone knows that you can't really effect a droid I am guessing that they were meaning that there would be non-droid NPCs that couldn't be effected when you change alignment. though I could be wrong on this, It would seem to make sense though since having an HK model in battle would be ok, but unless they have done some serious upgrades to T3 I am guessing he is just as useless in battle as he was in the first game. So to be left with just the two of them would be odd to say the least, then agian how many people are going to change alignments 4 times during the game play like in the senerio yo listed above? I would think that they would have also made it that you would have to be fairly far into the oposite alignment before a party member would leave the PC.

AscendedPaladin.png

If I am not misstaken the devs have said that there will be some NPCs that you can't effect. I would guess since everyone knows that you can't really effect a droid I am guessing that they were meaning that there would be non-droid NPCs that couldn't be effected when you change alignment. though I could be wrong on this, It would seem to make sense though since having an HK model in battle would be ok, but unless they have done some serious upgrades to T3 I am guessing he is just as useless in battle as he was in the first game. So to be left with just the two of them would be odd to say the least, then agian how many people are going to change alignments 4 times during the game play like in the senerio yo listed above? I would think that they would have also made it that you would have to be fairly far into the oposite alignment before a party member would leave the PC.

I agree that there won't be many people changing alignment a second time. But I think at least the topic starter will do this for many times. :mellow:

Well for roleplaying sake I hope you are allowed to switch from light to dark and vice versa .. one of the coolest play throughs I had was when I started as Light side en slowly shifted towards the dark .. and finally succumbed to the temptation on the Rakatan Temple .. It wouldn't make sense from a roleplaying perspective to limit you to one allignment throughout the game ..

But these prestigeclasses presents a problem! I agree .. And I hope they solve it satisfactory!

When Bastilla shifted to the dark side she was given a new set of powers .. perhaps this option could be used? when you shift to complete DS from L you are given the option to choose your powers again? a bit lame, but a possibility

Fortune favors the bald.

Nope. You have made your choices so you should suffer the concequences.

It seems unlogical that someone who every now then changes alliance to be in the same state as someone who has devoted himself to either alliance. Only one change before you get the prestige class should be made, if any at all.

You can change but you will be penalized hard.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Nope. You have made your choices so you should suffer the concequences.

It seems unlogical that someone who every now then changes alliance to be in the same state as someone who has devoted himself to either alliance. Only one change before you get the prestige class should be made, if any at all.

You can change but you will be penalized hard.

Agreed. I feel the same way you do. Changing can be allowed but there should be some kind of penalty. Going back and forth through alliances just doesn't seem Star Wars to me.

Malak said something about if him and Revan's roles were reversed would he have chosen the path of light like Revan did. So the only way he thought he had a chance to change was for his mind to be erased. Therefore I'm thinking, barring your character's memory doesn't get erased, that you can't change from Sith Lord to light.