• Darth Malak, Hateful Monstrosity
    • Darth Nihilis, Mysterious Masked Sith
    • Darth Sion, Rotting Flesh SIth
    • Darth Bane, Propounder of Only Two Sith
    • Darth Sidious, Shrewd, Calculating Sith
    • Darth Maul, Devious Assassin
    • Darth Tyranus, Nefarious Separatist
    • Darth Vader, Order Through Totalitarianism

Mauls's slicing was a badly played out scene!  Obi-wan got lucky that Mauls seamed to have frozzen solid for just long enough to jump strieght over.  All the Zabrak had to do was hold his friggen saber stright out!  Maybe over confidnce, but if you've ever read the Darth Maul comic or book, tou'd know that Maul was not one to make stupid mistakes like that, he may have been quick to assume someone dead, but he was always quick in the reflexes!  Way quicker than that death scene showed!

Because some comic book said so? :lol:

I like how people talk about the tactics of Maul in the Duel of Fates fight and how a lot of people seem to be quite impressed by how he lead the Jedi on.

However, whenever I speak with anyone that actually has experience with weapons training, they generally regard the Duel of Fates fight as the least realistic and most silly.

I do think it is the best looking one too though.

Vader. (note the 'period')

Seriously though. Maul was completely overrated. He could have easily been one of the coolest characters in Star Wars but instead he was just a dummy. All he did was fight, and he lost. I do have to give some props to Sidious, but for some reason he never seemed to have the presence Vader had. I consider Vader to be the best character in movie history. Let's face it, he had everything going for him. He's got the look. He's got the voice. He's got the intimidating presence. And he's powerful.

As for Exar Kun, Marka Ragnos...

Screw it. I'm just gonna say it. I don't give a crap about them. The fact is, I could write a book and say that Darth Whoever took on 100,000,000,000,000 jedi in lighsaber combat and killed them all. Or I could say that Darth Someone did somesuch other all important thing that makes him the most powerful sith ever. Bottom line, I don't really give a crap about EU. For the most part, I just ignore it.

Kun's not leading because there are to many people hanging on to traditionals, it's like the way wooden roller costers are considered better when they arn't any fun!

People love vader for some reason, eh, even Kun isn't worth a blink to maul if you ask me.

-There is no Light or Dark. There is only Power, and those to weak to seek it!

-Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

-I find no joy in taking the life of someone that finds no value in it.

-If you only get out of life what you put into it,why not just keep it all to begin with and save a whole lot of waisted time and effort?

Please, Vader may have had the coolest voice, but that Was just becuase James Earl Jones had it, Maul was waaaaaaay cooler, ad where I come from, cooler is better. Vader was slow to, slooooooow.

-Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

-If you only get out of life what you put into it,why not just keep it all to begin with and save a whole lot of waisted time and effort?

Please, Vader may have had the coolest voice, but that Was just becuase James Earl Jones had it, Maul was waaaaaaay cooler, ad where I come from, cooler is better.  Vader was slow to, slooooooow.

Vader wasn't in hurry....

Just like death he'll allways catches up with you.

:p

"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.

Not if he was facing Darth Maul.

Maybe it's nostalgia but am I the only one who likes the original Jedi Knight 7 dark jedi? Sion is basically a rehash of Maw I believe, though maybe there's an EU precedent for such I don't really know, and Jerec had that whole creepy old emperor type guy thing combined with all the hipness of a Starbucks.... It was fun!

precognition goes a long way.

Vader had it , Maul didn't.

Vader had Presence, Maul had the moves.

Vader survived for 3 movies, Maul died in his first...

Don't get me wrong, I liked maul..

..But VADER's the real deal.

cant' beat the original.

"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.

precognition goes a long way.

Vader had it , Maul didn't.

Vader had Presence, Maul had the moves.

Vader survived for 3 movies, Maul died in his first...

Don't get me wrong, I liked maul..

..But VADER's the real deal.

cant' beat the original.

It's not Mauls fault he got nailed by Obi-wan when he was still fast. I don't know if Zabraks live longer than humans do, but even still I don't think that he would have gotten as slow in his old age. Don't get me wrong, I can see how knowing where the blade will strike next is to Vader's advantage, but the thing is, that Maul would have spun around to Vaders behind and stuck him on the third move.

If you can take the Green Destiny from my hand in three moves indeed?

Maybe it's nostalgia but am I the only one who likes the original Jedi Knight 7 dark jedi?  Sion is basically a rehash of Maw I believe, though maybe there's an EU precedent for such I don't really know, and Jerec had that whole creepy old emperor type guy thing combined with all the hipness of a Starbucks....  It was fun!

Jerec has to be the lamest dark jedi ever. With those silly tattoos on his face... :lol:

I got the impression from the original trilogy that Vader was actually a real badass with the lightsaber.

He toyed with Luke by fighting with only one hand.

At the same time, it's probably difficult to compare speed, since the original movies would have been much more limited since it's a dude in a costume that doesn't want to hurt himself.

Until Episode 2, did anyone think Yoda was fast?

Maul may have been the man with the lightsaber...but I would say Vader would be more akin to using other aspects of his training while fighting Maul. All the spinning around wouldn't help Maul at all when by the time he got there, he realized he just spun through Vader's saber.

Vader had enough killer instinct (prior to meeting Luke, who began to turn him to the LS), that Obi-Wan would not have been able to get out of that hole.

Some say that Obi -Wan could have defeated Vader (again) in Episode IV, but he choose to die in order to help Luke.

Darth Vader was too cool when the movies first come out. But as the sequels came with new moves, Vader just seemed to be out of date. Surely had the OT been done now then Vader would have been desinged much differently....in irder to be the best bad a.. of the galaxy.

But then Sidious could still kick his ass.....

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Darth Lumiya would have just ran over them using her frontal crumple zone, then tore a donut on Darth Maul's corpse.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

True, cause girls are always better.