Korriban Fly-By

So you're saying that the Nadd is going to pop out alot? ^_^

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I know that JA used the accurate Valley, I remember comments about that in the JA forums back when the game was new. What I was referring to was that Bioware introduced their own interpretation of the Valley.

And I very much disagree with you that everything is continuity. The EU has never (To my knowledge) written comics or novels incorporating Malak's and Revan's quest for the Star Forge into the EU timeline. That would be as accurate as saying that the Rebel Assault games or Bounty Hunter are accurate depictions of events in the timeline. Lets us also not forget that the EU itself is riddled with continuity errors big and small.

If the guy that designed the Valley said he was trying to portray the Valley from the comics and he made a mistake in his depiction then too bad for him. I thought the Valley was pretty cool. And since there are a lot of people who like me don't really give any weight to the EU anyways, I am glad to see KotOR the game have a unique look that sets it apart from the comics. However, what I would not have accepted was a complete alteration to a locale seen in the movies, other than changes that might have occured between the passing of time.

I don't know if you've played Battlefront, it has an interesting representation of Kashyyyk which looks completely (And I mean completely) different to the Kashyyyk of KotOR. I have yet to see any pics of Kashyyyk in Ep3, but since Battlefront supposedly depicts the battles from the movies and LA had the opportunity to see how the worlds of Ep3 look for various games, there's a possibility that Kashyyyk in Battlefront looks fairly accurate to Ep3, thus making KotOR's version wrong also.

I think you take continuity a little too serious, particularly when it comes to games, like I said I don't think it was the intention of Bioware to completely emulate the depictions of the comics and novels, merely to use them as inspiration for their own creations.

There is nothing dumber than talking about how the continuity of books and comic books needs to be expressed in all things star wars. Say what you will about how good or bad the books and comics are, the basic way they are written, all out of order and by several different authors, makes them impossible to be trusted and used.

Laozi you are so right on this point. I remember back when Ep1 came out some idiot was complaining that Coruscant was not the real Coruscant because it was too clean and didn't match with the description of it in some EU novel. ;)

Valley should remain as it is, it is a chain, but i hope that new tombs awit as there, or some grand plot takes part in there, or else it should be erased from Kotor series

watching the flyby it looked kinda grand, sum huge changes hav gone down so it must play a big role

Ah yes. No novel has incorporated KOTOR as continuity, but neither has Jedi Outcast. You seem to not understand how continuity works. All things, games,comics,novels are continuity. Oh and I was wrong, KOTOR has gotten it's first mention in EU material. A RAKATAN TEMPLE was in issue 68 of Republic. So KOTOR is continuity.

The Wookie world of Kashyyk in ROTS takes place on the shore. AS you go deeper into Kaskyyk it gets darker on the ground as the trees get bigger. Continuity by friend. Also Rebel Commando has portrayed Kashyyk as it should be under knowing of ROTS Kaskyyk, yet they represent the Shadow lands in a EU format.

So the Valley is Just Wrong in KOTOR. Everything else has been fixed. FIND me an explaination to this valley in continuity, and I'll shut up. Til then this Valley is just wrong.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

Ah yes. No novel has incorporated KOTOR as continuity, but neither has Jedi Outcast. You seem to not understand how continuity works. All things, games,comics,novels are continuity. Oh and I was wrong, KOTOR has gotten it's first mention in EU material. A RAKATAN TEMPLE was in issue 68 of Republic. So KOTOR is continuity.

The Wookie world of Kashyyk in ROTS takes place on the shore. AS you go deeper into Kaskyyk it gets darker on the ground as the trees get bigger. Continuity by friend. Also Rebel Commando has portrayed Kashyyk as it should be under knowing of ROTS Kaskyyk, yet they represent the Shadow lands in a EU format.

So the Valley is Just Wrong in KOTOR. Everything else has been fixed. FIND me an explaination to this valley in continuity, and I'll shut up. Til this Valley is just wrong.

nah id prefer it if you carried on ranting, it makes the thread much more interestin if there is a debate goen on

(are you nur sab or sumthin cos he hasnt posted for AGES and you seem to be carryin on his work??)

Is continuity really less important than i.e. saber colors/hilts, font colors or Sith Lord names and the other stuff excitedly discussed here...????

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

How about they made it that way to piss uptight crybabies off.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

So the Valley is Just Wrong in KOTOR. Everything else has been fixed. FIND me an explaination to this valley in continuity, and I'll shut up. Til this Valley is just wrong.

nah id prefer it if you carried on ranting, it makes the thread much more interestin if there is a debate goen on

(are you nur sab or sumthin cos he hasnt posted for AGES and you seem to be carryin on his work??)

I'm not sab I just know when there's a big continuity mistake, and this Valley is it. This is my only complain because there is nothing else wrong in continuity with KOTOR, that can't be over looked. Oh and for a person with enough SW knowledge, this Vallye can't be over looked.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

i agree with you on the continuity not being the be all and end all, but at least the ppl hu do think that have managed to be civil in putting their views across, what you sed was plain uneccasery and proved nothing (on a lighter note dus ne1 know how to correctly spell neccasery it always gets me!!)

Well maybe Master Uthar renovated the place when he became the master of the academy. or maybe something is kept secret till KotorIII

WEll then Master Uthar must be renovating another Valley, becuase the one in TOTJ stays mostly the same for 4000 years.

jees we all accept you think the votdl is screwed up but in the end what on earth can we do about it????? write a letter to la or sumthin there is no need to carry on saying how poor it is making the mistake!!

You seem to be misunderstanding my point...my point isn't that the Valley of KotOR has continuity or has an explanation for being that way.

My point is that it doesn't need to have continuity. This isn't the EU, this isn't depicting any events in the EU, and though now people may use material from this in the EU, as they have incorporated Kyle Katarn, it still doesn't make this the comics or novels.

If Lucas showed Korriban in the movies (I know he won't but had it happened) and it were different completely from the EU depiction then not even the Valley from the comics would be the true Valley.

I'm sorry you don't like this depiction of Korriban, I do. So I suggest you try to get over it and enjoy the game should you get it. If this really bothers you that much then go play something else, you really lose nothing by going elsewhere since obviously the darn design of the world hampers your ability to enjoy everything else this game has to offer.

I just want to speak to someone from Obsidian or Bioware, and ask them why this Valley continuies to look this way? IT's wrong. I also want to know if they have put an in-universe expalaination for this wrong Valley.

i can understand that but sadly i think it is one of the many questions that will never be answered. but hey kotor 2 looks brill no matter if it has sum continuity errors, u gotta admit that

i agree with you on the continuity not being the be all and end all, but at least the ppl hu do think that have managed to be civil in putting their views across, what you sed was plain uneccasery and proved nothing (on a lighter note dus ne1 know how to correctly spell neccasery it always gets me!!)

If theres one thing I get tired of its continuity issues, I mean people don't get this rilled up about actual history

Could they really do the Korriban from Jedi Academy with the KOTOR engine? I don't think they could do it. That is one reason why it is different. Also if it were exactly the same as in Jedi Academy how would there be any exploration? If you played JA you would know how KOTOR would be layed out as well. I like to have new maps to explore.