Korriban Fly-By

Instead of keeping saying that the valley is wrong, wrong, wrong, why don't you put some effort in trying to make the different versions work?

It is not as if TOTJ is perfect and free of its own continuity mistakes. The history of Naga Sadow and Freedon Nadd was a mess.

Just picture the pic of the Valley buried in the sand, for example.

No way a Valley that looks the same in TOTJ and 4000 years later in JA somehow turned into the Valley in KOTOR. No way.

The Valley of the Dark Lords is not located on a cliff, it's in a canyon. The Tombs are not two big building. They are many tombs each given to one Dark Lord embedded in the canyon walls. No way Marka Ragnos went from one tomb in TOTJ to a different one in KOTOR, to the TOTJ one 4000 years later. Don't happen.

So the Valley wasn't buried in the sand, it's just wrong. And I really don't know if I had an effect onf the PC version. Yet I will say that I was the only one to make the complaint, then I got supporters, then somehow some way Bioware decided to seperate the tombs in the PC version like continuity says they were. Of course teh valley was still wrong.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

And they are all continuity. Bioware doesn't take continuity into it's hands andf change it. The Valley is wrong, that's all there is to it.

u complain about continuity but think of the continuity of KOTOR if they changed the valley that drastically. it would make fans mad because its so different from the original the game its a SEQUEL to. and i like the other valley better but i cant change and i wouldnt want it changed now that its the way it is. and dont get mad at Obsidian for the valley Bioware made it that way not them

Very good point

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

And they are all continuity. Bioware doesn't take continuity into it's hands andf change it. The Valley is wrong, that's all there is to it.

u complain about continuity but think of the continuity of KOTOR if they changed the valley that drastically. it would make fans mad because its so different from the original the game its a SEQUEL to. and i like the other valley better but i cant change and i wouldnt want it changed now that its the way it is. and dont get mad at Obsidian for the valley Bioware made it that way not them

They'll have to live with it, they have to live with there other character only making cameo's they have deal with a right Valley of the Dark Lords. The Valley is wrong, that's all there is to it.

continuity sucks in the star wars universe, even the movies the stem of all star wars hav unmissable erors i.e obi wan says he was trained by yoda, then all of a sudden he was trained by qui gonn but you just hav to live with it, so what if the votdl isnt perfect, u shudnt let something as petty as that ruin the game for you its such a waste

If Obsidian or Bioware would prove in a continuity formate that in the game, this Valley isn't ther real Valley but a different VOTDL, then that's fine. But you have to take Marka Rango and Sadow out.

I think you seem to forget that the games don't necessarily follow the EU to the letter anyways. In the EU there was no second Sith war for the Star Forge, there was no Revan or Malak nor are there Sion or Nihilis or any other characters from the games.

The games use concepts, backgrounds and bases of the EU but I hardly doubt they are trying to recreate the EU as it has been written, it is quite frankly a reinterpretation, which suits me just fine.

I've never read the comics. I've played both JA and KotOR and I like the fact they both had different approaches to the Valley of the Sith Lords. KotOR (The games) have their own visions of what Korriban was like, their own stories, their own characters.

To tell you the truth the only thing I didn't like about KotOR's Korriban was that I found it too small; not enough temples, tombs, broken statues, no ancient Sith fortresses to explore. Of course that'd be asking a bit much. :rolleyes:

What nobody has said yet, at least I dont think anybody has yet :rolleyes:, is how will Korriban be affected by what we did in the first game? I mean if Revan defeated Master Uthar, saved Yuthura, wiped out the whole academy, and then stayed lightside at the end of the game, the IGN preview of Korriban seems to make sense. But what if Revan either sides with Uthar, tells him about Yuthura, kills her, and reveals himself/herself to Uthar as Revan and doesnt hurt the academy, and then sides with Bastila at the end and does the darkside ending; does this mean that the whole entire experience in KotOR 2 will be different? Will the second game know who the player sided with in the first game and what happened to Korriban afterwards and to the player at the end?

you seem to forget that now the Second Sith War is continuity. Everything in Star Wars is continuity unless it has an infinites label on it. So there is a Malak a Revan, A Sion.

See Reven Solfware didn't take their own approach they did the Valley the way ti was supposed to look. Bioware did not do that, therefore created a Continuity mistake for itself. Most can be fixed, this one can't. This Valley isn't the Valley of the Dark lords.

The guy who made the Valley said it himself that he made a mistake in not doing research on the Valley. So he know of the mistake.

you seem to forget that now the Second Sith War is continuity. Everything in Star Wars is continuity unless it has an infinites label on it. So there is a Malak a Revan, A Sion.

See Reven Solfware didn't take their own approach they did the Valley the way ti was supposed to look. Bioware did not do that, therefore created a Continuity mistake for itself. Most can be fixed, this one can't. This Valley isn't the Valley of the Dark lords.

The guy who made the Valley said it himself that he made a mistake in not doing research on the Valley. So he know of the mistake.

So he admitted his mistake and he is redeemed

There is hope beyond hope

what exactly are you getting at? does this make kotor a second rate game? does it mean people shudnt play it? shud we start a crusade of continuity? personally i like the star wars universe, sure those little continuity flaws bug me but hey i can overlook it, if u cant overlook it fine, its just sumthin ur gunna hav to deal with

http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/679/679264/img_2400510.html this shows the valley in ruins, so there was a big battle here and notice that the old temple entrances in the valley of the dark lords we went into in the 1ST KOTOR have been blown shut, somethin happened

Funny how the Valley was in pretty good shape in JA after 4000 years. Not great shape, but no blast holes in walls. OF course this isn't the Valley so it doesn't matter.

http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/679/679264/img_2400510.html this shows the valley in ruins, so there was a big battle here and notice that the old temple entrances in the valley of the dark lords we went into in the 1ST KOTOR have been blown shut, somethin happened

Funny how the Valley was in pretty good shape in JA after 4000 years. Not great shape, but no place holes in walls. OF course this isn't the Valley so it doesn't matter.

lol i admire your tenacity, even if i think continuity errors can be overlooked if all the ppl involved in official star wars material had your attitude the would certainly be less mistakes made and i guess that could only be beneficial

Funny how the Valley was in pretty good shape in JA after 4000 years. Not great shape, but no blast holes in walls. OF course this isn't the Valley so it doesn't matter.

Nah, like Exar Kun and the Sith temples on Yavin 4, the Disciples of Marka Ragnos were busy restoring it to its previous glory.

And the backdoor was a joke.

Nah, like Exar Kun and the Sith temples on Yavin 4, the Disciples of Marka Ragnos were busy restoring it to its previous glory.

And the backdoor was a joke.

Highly doubtful that a small group of misfits were restoring a Valley to it's glory. They aren't builders. That Valley is the Valley of the Dark Lords as it should be, KOTOR's version is WRONG.

Darth Nuke, you are starting sound like Nur Ab Sal. If the Valley is wrong we will just have to live with it, sheesh. If you feel so strongly about the Valley being wrong then start a protest and boycott the game.

lol if you ask me nur is like the guy hu invented star wars and had his idea stolen from him by lucas at gunpoint and is now a bitter old man intent on picking out every single mistake that was made with nurs brainchild

(that is a compliment in a twisted way to nur btw)

There is nothing dumber than talking about how the continuity of books and comic books needs to be expressed in all things star wars. Say what you will about how good or bad the books and comics are, the basic way they are written, all out of order and by several different authors, makes them impossible to be trusted and used.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.