Light Side Powers

ahah force rollover... well a good light side power would be to make the creatures Docile... if you were running low on life and another fight woudl kill you, you could do that to wild animals although it would nto work on Dark Jedi or most humans. Almost like an in combat persuade for animals. You shoudl recieve experience for using it aswell, becasue it takes the plavce of killing the creature.

reagrdless of anything else, a vapaad stance liek MAce Windu's would own severly if only the light side coudl use it.... and the push pull thign where you toss you opponent to lower his defense and then pull him otwards you to face him in combat would be, in my mind acceptable Jedi powers and not Borderline darkside, seeing as the force is not actaully damging their bodys-

Mace Windu creates i fighitng stance where the Jedigoes into a transe-liek state and is able to fully immerse himself in battle and have swift more accurate, more powerfull, anf more speedy attacks, it is not a defensive stance, and yet it was created by the noble Jedi Master Mace Windu. Are you questioning him as tettering to teh Dark side? I shoudl hope not!

From the Databank @ Starwars.com

In his day, Mace was one of the best lightsaber fighters of the Jedi order. It was said only two opponents ever bested him -- Yoda, and Dooku. Only the most skilled of the Jedi could master the his Form VII discipline of combat -- the deadly technique known as vaapad -- for its aggressive nature treaded dangerously upon dark side practices.

DOH! :):) Ok so you got me, but the point is Mace Did NOT turn to the DS he was on teh Jedi Council and proved numerous tiems, if you read his bio on starwars.com taht he coudl resist teh lure of teh darkside while other could not. His attakc was accpeted by other jeid masters and they trianed themselves in it so they msut have deemed it acceptable to use in some cases.

THe point is that the Light side Jedi have some practices that are aggressive but nto available to the dark side this is an example of one of them.... KOTOR shoudl also have types of LS attack i know to many it seems liek an oxy moron, but surely one or two woudl not casue teh Jedi order to crumble. I mean we are talking aobut a simple push and pull of an enemy's body here not torture.

I thikn thta ist hadr fro yuo to splel correctyl

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

thta too bda

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Also I'm getting tired of all these post about theres these many forms of lightsaber styles

Hrmmm this isn't going anywhere... the fact is is that Jedi's have weak offensive force powers because it is not their nature to harm. All I was saying before is you started this topic talkin about how weak light side powers are. Then you started talking about how we should be able to force push n pull for defense. I don't think im the only one who wonders this but isn't a Jedi's list of powers mostly defensive already? So we really shouldn't be talking about using force pull n push for defense.

Because the Jedi's true nature is truth and knowledge and defense... they use powers in KOTOR(2) like armor, speed, absorb, and confusion. You do not have to directly harm someone with the force to win everytime. That's why Jedi's use beefy sabre skills to even it out :)

Come on... you know it's true.. LS can be just as beneficial as the DS.

Dark powers are the ones which harm living beings. The balance in the PnP game is kept by making Dark Side characters loose abilities each time they level-up, as the Dark Side consumes them.

I'm sure that if you loose a point of Strength each level people will not fall in the Dark Side so easily ;)

all im sayign is that i want to be light side, but i want to have soem offensive powers, i wanan be liek Mace Winduh and be aggressive but passive wise, and good at teh same time, its really not to much to ask its merely realistic.

I don't beleive in powers being black and white, good and evil. It's how you use them that matters. Had Dooku not had been able to re-direct lightning he would have been fried by yoda, and yoda could have simply absorbed the energy in the first place but he decided rather to have a go at electifying duku. And who is in better control of their emotions than yoda? Not that he is in complete total controle and void of corruption. He just didn't seem consumed by rage and hatred at the time.

Also a similar beleif to there is no inheritly good or evil powers was used in the Jedi Academy game by Kyle.

Even when I play through lightside, I usualy stock up on supposedly DS powers such as death feild. The LS/DS penalty is of little consequence realy.

Also remember that most of the powers found in video games are simply game mechanics and aren't realy apart of the star wars universe. Lightning and similar abilities are almost impossible to attain much less master in the star wars universe. Which may be a reason why jedi don't use force powers in battles so much. Because unlike in a game where u can gain powers by clicking a button and there u go, they have to take years upon years to master the simplest of abilities such as push, pull, jump and others.

I don't beleive in powers being black and white, good and evil. It's how you use them that matters. Had Dooku not had been able to re-direct lightning he would have been fried by yoda, and yoda could have simply absorbed the energy in the first place but he decided rather to have a go at electifying duku. And who is in better control of their emotions than yoda? Not that he is in complete total controle and void of corruption. He just didn't seem consumed by rage and hatred at the time.

Also a similar beleif to there is no inheritly good or evil powers was used in the Jedi Academy game by Kyle.

Even when I play through lightside, I usualy stock up on supposedly DS powers such as death feild. The LS/DS penalty is of little consequence realy.

Also remember that most of the powers found in video games are simply game mechanics and aren't realy apart of the star wars universe. Lightning and similar abilities are almost impossible to attain much less master in the star wars universe. Which may be a reason why jedi don't use force powers in battles so much. Because unlike in a game where u can gain powers by clicking a button and there u go, they have to take years upon years to master the simplest of abilities such as push, pull, jump and others.

Just watch the Clone Wars cartoons. You see tha the Jedi can use many different force powers to destroy. Well maybe if when you're on deffence (like Yoda in AOTC) it is ok if you simply return the parcel :blink:

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Well one thing, in Jedi academy you don't make your choice till the very end and at no time does it affect how well you can use your power anyway, and besides the game totally sucked ass

2nd using force powers, whatever they might be, to harm people is evil and therefore ds.

I know often lightning and choke are cool powers but they are still evil

RIght, but im not merely suggesting that the Lightsdie should be able to use DS powers, im saying the light side should have an AGGRESSIVE force power or two such as teh Vapaad thing that the DS doens't have.. which i know Laozi is getting pissed off about the stances and how they arnt truth casue they are not in the movie,but im merely suggesting that they could still be in the game, maybe its a lost technique like battle meditation.

Whether the seven stances are real or not, it would still be good to have in the game. THe reasoning behidn having an aggressive power on the LS and not the DS would be because the Jedi woudl have tyo go into a calm meditative state in which his mental awareness and connection to the force is hieghtened so that he can fully immerse himself in battle. Lightsaber swings would be more accurate and powerful, while at the same time increasing your attack rating so that it woudl not merely be an altered form of flurry.

I am not suggesting that it should be leik flurry either. When in teh meditational state attacks shoudl be singular or maybe doubled. so that it woudl not look like reckless swinging but a rather more aggressive yet controled posture.

ALso, the skill shoudl propably only be available to Jeid Masters since they are the only ones who coudl succesfully avoid the pull of the dark side when using the agressive stance.

After all the Jedi masters DID practice MAce Windu's Vapaad from what i have read and while it was nto considered safe for non-masters it was not considered usign the force irresponsibly.

Well one thing, in Jedi academy you don't make your choice till the very end and at no time does it affect how well you can use your power anyway, and besides the game totally sucked ass

2nd using force powers, whatever they might be, to harm people is evil and therefore ds.

I know often lightning and choke are cool powers but they are still evil

YES LIGHTNIGN and CHOKE ARE DS POWERS!! the jedi should take a DS point Penalty everytime they use them, but i am not suggestign allowing the JEdi to use those powers, nor am i suggestign they should recieve similiar powers. All i am saying is that, Jedi sometimes need to implore the use of aggresive powers in order to protect themselves and others from harm.

It is ignorant to say the Jedi ONLY use their powers for defense, because as i mentioned above the Jedi Master's according to Shatterpoint which was authorized by the poepl involved in making the CLone wars. THe Jedi Master's had soem experience in trying to perfect Vapaad and making it a weapon agaisnt the sith.

But, besides Vapaad, Jedi use other powers offensivily to effectively combat the Dark Side, they use force jump (which the Jedi Guardians use in KOTOR) which is used soley to make a quick and powerfull atack on an enemy at a great distance. Anyone who considers this a defensive skill is crazy. ALso as was mentioned, Jedi in the Clone Wars Cartoon series use aggressive powers to best their enemy's Just becasue a power is a gressive does nto make it DS. Powers that are sidistic and used for evil or torture are DS.

Why does it matter how you kill people as long as you kill them? A light side Jedi can (and usually does) buff himself up with things like Master Valor, Master Speed, and so on. My LS Consular had a lot less trouble killing Malak than my DS Consular -- just buff up and hack him to pieces. Using the Force to make your body into a deadly weapon with which you then kill people is logically equivalent to using the Force as a weapon if your objection is to inflicting harm on others. Unless, of course, the Force doesn't understand motivations -- Master Valor and Master Speed can be (and often are) used for things other than violence while Force Choke and Force Kill have no other purposes.

I'd actually be perfectly happy with some more Light Side powers like Force Valor. But only as long as they are actually useful -- for example, Force Armor or whatever that thing was called, was pretty worthless given its duration and effects.

Why does it matter how you kill people as long as you kill them? A light side Jedi can (and usually does) buff himself up with things like Master Valor, Master Speed, and so on. My LS Consular had a lot less trouble killing Malak than my DS Consular -- just buff up and hack him to pieces. Using the Force to make your body into a deadly weapon with which you then kill people is logically equivalent to using the Force as a weapon if your objection is to inflicting harm on others. Unless, of course, the Force doesn't understand motivations -- Master Valor and Master Speed can be (and often are) used for things other than violence while Force Choke and Force Kill have no other purposes.

I'd actually be perfectly happy with some more Light Side powers like Force Valor. But only as long as they are actually useful -- for example, Force Armor or whatever that thing was called, was pretty worthless given its duration and effects.

Yes armor was useles, subractin gthe time it takes to cast and recast, and the time it takes to complete 1 round of attackin your only guarded for about 8 seconds, WATS THe POINT?

uGGGGGGGGHhhhhhhhhhhhhh I don't even understand what you want anymore influence... you say they have to offensive powers, now you're saying they do... and the reason Jedi's don't have massively offensive forces is because they can use those other offensive force things like Jump and their pure sabre skill and training. If you want to be an offensive char that wants offensive force powers instead of reason and alternative option... then go DS!! <_< Jeez