Bastila Shan vs Anakin Skywalker

Who would win? Bastila or Anakin?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win? Bastila or Anakin?

• Bastila could beat that whiny little babywipe Anakin anyday
    • Anakin, losing to Bastila, unthinkable! How dare you think such thoughts!
    • A draw, there is no other answer.
    • Bastila, no Anakin, no Bastila, yes, no. Damn i can't decide.

So you're saying if Force meditation worked, it might even things out?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Sounds pretty iffy

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

but couldn't you resist it and preform other actions, namely chopping off Bastila's head. That'd probaly be pretty easy for someone as powerful as Anakin.

Indeed you could resist, but it would depend on how long Anakin could resist, and if Bastila can at least hold Anakin off long enough, Anakin would become to tired to resist.

Would take a long time, but eventually, even Anakin would hav to take a rest.

However, if Anakin could break through the defences of Bastila, Anakin would win, but i beleive Bastila could hold him off long enough for her Battle Mediation to hav its effect

I just don't think it would be very hard for him to resist and kill Bastila, but as I said in the other forum, we all are entitled to our opinions

True true, and in these forums we discuss them

In the end, Anakins ability to resist would be based on his willpower, which he ceratinly has a lot of, but something of which Bastila has a lot of to.

It comes down to a war of attrition, who coud last longer.

However this is just one possible scenario between Anakin and Bastila. There r many others.

In one word, YES.

Battle Mediation doesnt just give confidence to the user and allies, but also removes confidence from enemies, and replaces it with fear.

Where did you get that from? I've never heard it said that it affects the enemy in any way at all. Atleast not in the instances I've seen/read about it being used. It merely helps large scale armies fight as "one" in a more cohesive manner.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

In one word, YES.

Battle Mediation doesnt just give confidence to the user and allies, but also removes confidence from enemies, and replaces it with fear.

Where did you get that from? I've never heard it said that it affects the enemy in any way at all. Atleast not in the instances I've seen/read about it being used. It merely helps large scale armies fight as "one" in a more cohesive manner.

I think this picture is what he is talking about. Also I found this on IGN.

Battle Meditation is a rare and powerful skill that allows a Jedi to influence the outcome of even a large battle. The Jedi develops an image of the battle in their mind and projects it to both sides of the conflict, inspiring their own troops while demoralizing the enemy. Used in both small skirmishes and larger conflicts, Battle Meditation can turn the tide when needed most.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

I think this picture is what he is talking about. Also I found this on IGN.

Battle Meditation is a rare and powerful skill that allows a Jedi to influence the outcome of even a large battle. The Jedi develops an image of the battle in their mind and projects it to both sides of the conflict, inspiring their own troops while demoralizing the enemy. Used in both small skirmishes and larger conflicts, Battle Meditation can turn the tide when needed most.

I see. I'd never heard it described like that. All the other times it's been used (KOTOR1, RotJ) all it was was the person using it was able to make their own army more cohesive and fight as one, rather than a bunch of minds doing their own thing.

It was said in the EU that Emperor Palpatine used it in the battle over Endor to help his fleet against the Rebellion, but it never said that he made the Rebel fleet disorganized and such.

Regardless, it still requires concentration to perform and like many "Jedi mind tricks", it has a limited effect on those powerful in the Force (ie. It would affect Yoda or Palpatine in a MUCH smaller way than it'd affect an Ewok or Jawa).

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Winning starts in the mind! Confidence is a resource that you can never have enough of (over confidence is another matter) If you had the power to give/ take that away you could influence many MANY things. But I can't imagine you would be able to use it and fight at the same time. Anakin was amazing with a LSBR in ep. I, II, but we have only really seen Bastilla's style in a computer game, a little limiting to say the least! So I shall reserve judgement. Vader would win easily IMO, but I just realised....We don't know what she turns out like in her later years yet. ;)

I think that being powerful in the force doesn't give you any immunity to battle meditation. Only when you have carefully trained mind and stable emotional

structure you can really resist psionic powers. Anakin was very emotionally unstable and immature. This was his weakness and of course pure power isn't enough when you fight with someone who has similar potential.

Besides don't reduce Bastila's abilities to battle meditation. If she mastered dual lightsaber (that requires perfect attunement to the force) this means something.

And don't forget: Anakin uses primitive and brutal form V that bases on one's advantage of physical strength, and Bastila uses elegant and deadly form II, that was used in the ancient times when fencing was very wide phenomenon due to plenty of lightsaber armed opponents. Form II is superior to all other forms except experimental vapaad (or EU sources suggest that).

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

not entirely, they all have their advantages and disadvantages and each is best suited to different jedi...

For example Form III is perfect for someone yoda's height because he is short enough to remove its weakness of not covering the lower body <_<

Whereas form I suits Obi-Wan because it is the best balanced for a Jedi that does as little combat as possible...high defence.

(EU sources ALSO suggest this)

Does KOTOR1 actually depict these "forms" correctly? There was that big thread on the Suggestions board about the way they got the lightsaber grip wrong...

Or does the knowledge of which "form" Bastila uses just come from the Star Wars Databank :p

not entirely, they all have their advantages and disadvantages and each is best suited to different jedi...

For example Form III is perfect for someone yoda's height because he is short enough to remove its weakness of not covering the lower body

Whereas form I suits Obi-Wan because it is the best balanced for a Jedi that does as little combat as possible...high defence.

(EU sources ALSO suggest this)

Form I is a basic form and all jedi can use it.

Form III is a favourite form of Obi-Wan he mastered it during clone wars. It is a form perfect against blaster-armed opponents but pretty useless against swordmasters like Dooku...

Yoda's form of choice was form IV and suited him best.

Or does the knowledge of which "form" Bastila uses just come from the Star Wars Databank

During the time of the Sith Wars all force users were using Form II. It was a standard form. So Bastila uses Form II as everybody does. Of course this form is divided on various schools etc but 4000 years ago it was practically dominant form. Other forms appeared later (form III after Ruusan 1000 years before TPM) That's why Dooku had so big advantage: he was using ancient and fencing-focused form that was completely forgotten. Anakin was more powerful and Obi-Wan his equal, yet Dooku kicked their asses and later could survive master yoda's 800 year old experience with the lightsaber...

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

Where does it say which battle technic she used?

Form I is a basic form and all jedi can use it.

Form III is a favourite form of Obi-Wan he mastered it during clone wars. It is form perfect against blaster-armed opponents but pretty useless against swordmasters like Dooku...

Yoda's form of choice was form IV and suited him best.

Obi-Wan masters Form III :)

Its not whether they can use it, its their choice.

That's why Dooku had so big advantage: he was using ancient and fencing-focused form that was completely forgotten. Anakin was more powerful and Obi-Wan his equal, yet Dooku kicked their asses and later could survive master yoda's 800 year old experience with the lightsaber...

Dooku kicked their ass because he was more powerful than they were. It had nothing to do with his fighting style. If it was all about fighting style, then the result would have been the same against Yoda.

1st off, do not use the 7 forms of lightsaber combat....after some research I found that the guy who basically created the Jedi Fighting Art, Nick Gillard, had nothing to do with its creation thus it is uncannon and EU only. In fact Nick got pissed that they made it without his concent seeing as they based it off his work.

Either way Dooku was more powerful and had a crap load more experience than both Anakin and Obi-Wan thus he defeated them. Although I will say his lightsaber style does seem to be more dueling oriented(and is perhaps an older form) and thus probably gave him an advantage.

And after some thought wouldn't battle meditation require at least some concentration seeing as You are still affecting peoples minds......Concentrating on that while fighting has got to have some serious penalties (lower defense)....and whose to say that it would increase her combat abilities? I never heard of her being able to use it on herself that doesn't seem logical.

Note: Nick Gillard is the guy who created all the combat coreography for Episodes I-III.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

Nick can now f.... off.

I don't care what this loser thinks about EU.

Seven forms are canon, TSL and KOTOR are canon. Entire EU is canon. Ask Ghost of Anakin why. Let's hope that you'll understand faster than me.

So it is correct to talk about 7 forms and I don't understand your point.

One jealous choreographer is not important and his fights looks really bad when you compare them to JA

His word means nothing. If George Lucas himself would say that forms don't exist that would be some evidence. Gillard - Shmillard (or whatever his name is) isn't any really important guy

Why are you on this boards if movies are the only gospel for you? TSL is part of EU and it's natural that we try to link it with other areas of EU (like lightsaber forms).

Ghost of Anakin: Dooku was maybe little more powerful than Obi-WAn but don't say that he was more powerful than filled with 20000 midichlorians Anakin!

Dooku won cause he was using duel-oriented style, while other styles either are

orientated on blaster deflecton or base on physical strength and brutality to overwhelm enemies not on real fencing.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

I hav to agree with Bastila vs Anakin in technique. Bastila's more elegant technique could easily defeat Anakin's strength and power and attacks.

When Anakin faced Dooku in Ep2, he most likely hadnt reached his full power then, and he did rush in head first, so that gave Dooku all the advantage he needed. Along with Dooku's superior dueling skills, Anakin was beaten before the battle began.

It is the same with Bastila in KOTOR, she was only around 19-20 so she most likely hasn't reached her full power in the force. She also rushed headlong into Malak on the Leviathan to save Revan. Malak was superior to Bastila on the Leviathan. So that battle was over before it began.

Both haven't reached their full potential, but with Bastila and Ep2 Anakin, Bastila's more precise attacks would simply break through Anakin's defence and gut him.

By the time of Ep3, Anakin's power will hav increased dramactically, but Bastila's power would hav increased dramactically by KOTOR2. So I beleive that this means Bastila could take out Ep3 Anakin.

Yes you're right. And we still don't know how exactly powerful were the ancients. Maybe Anakin 4000 years ago would be quite ordinary? He was born in the waning days of the Republic when most powerful force techniques were all but forgotten (like battle meditation but not only) and when jedi were weakened (force vanished in them - official databank) so that's why he is so exceptional.

Bastila no matter light or dark, had very cold and calculative mind (which you can witness in DS ending) of a true british woman and cowboy Anakin often acts like total jerk. Don't forget that, although Malak needed Bastila, he wouldn't hesitate to cut her hand off (like Vader needed Luke but massacred him). If Bastila didn't loose her hand (although lost the duel), this means that she better controlled herself during fight and had better defense technique than Anakin when fighting with Dooku.

And yes if EIII Anakin lost with Obi-Wan (who was excellent fighter but less powerful jedi) he could lost with Bastila too. Anyway her mastery in

duel - oriented form II would give her big advantage over Anakin.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES: