Bragging rights

mkreku

How the heck did this thread go from a bogus UN survey to indigenous American peoples?

Gromnir said:

numbers is funny things.

Numbers lie, and liars use numbers. That is a worldwide standard.

My ancsestors were some of the Cherokee people that were screwed over by that whole treaty sh!t. About a hundred years ago my great grandfather and his family decided that it was best to pretend, and 'learn' to be white, rather than face all the reacism against 'halfbreeds' which was luckily (or unluckily?) possible considering they already some European blood, and the Cherokee were a fairly light skinned race already, though my family still has a reddish tint to their skin. It's sad really. The Native Americans welcomed the white people, for the most part took on the attitude that there was plenty of land for everyone, and the Europeans give them their smallpox ridden blankets, to which they had no immunities for, got them addicted to booze, etc.

<wishes people could just get along>

JT :p

Glad to see my country is high up there. I personally wouldn't want to live anywhere other than the great white north. Mainly due to what my girlfriend is going through right now in Washington State. Her whole body went numb so she went to the doctor, they told her it was all in her head, prescribed some xanax, and sent her on her way with a 300$ bill. A week later and it hadn't gotten better so she went to another doctor, who said it was most likely MS. While the same is possible up here, at least we don't get stuck with a 300$ bill for getting a quack's opinion.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

No you get quacked for nothing....

Yep, but then when I go see someone who doesn't end up being a quack, I still don't have to pay for it.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I rather like it here myself. Like Gromnir and many of the other folks in this thread, I've lived around. There are certain parts of the country I definitely prefer to others. That's probably true of every country in the world. Well, some countries probably have bad and worse. That's just a matter of perception.

However, with all due respect, I prefer dark haired beauties. B)

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Pacific NW USA is my favorite place I've been in thus far in the world. There are places in the USA that r awesome IMO..

But there r also places like Casper Wyoming, the left armpit of hell, which makes USA down at least 3 notches itself.. lmao.. Where my friend got arrested for doing laundry. And people shoot anything that moves.. And if you look at a cowgirl you get a bunch of hicks wanting to beat you down and a bunch of cops wanting to verbally and physically abuse you.. Ack that place sucked...

I recently embarked on a 6,000 mile monthlong roadtrip. Casper Wyoming wins the worst city on the trip by far.

Ambrosia3.gif

No you get quacked for nothing....

Yep, but then when I go see someone who doesn't end up being a quack, I still don't have to pay for it.

Yeah, it must be great living in a country known for its medical care. Oh, and bacon too, let's not forget bacon...

I have never seen this report before. Three guesses why? It's coming from the UN. No matter what the topic is, as long as it concerns the US somehow, you can be sure that it's going to be biased.

The UN is a failure. It's nothing more than an attempt at letting the world govern itself, and it should have been dissolved long ago. Now it is just a few squabbling European countries complaining about what the US does, and a bunch of pissant African countries demanding our help (I say "our" because the monetary, material and military aid almost always comes from the United States, since nobody else can get it right). I really hope that the US pulls out of the UN and tells them to get lost the next time some third world dictator with control issues goes loco.

I have never seen this report before. Three guesses why? It's coming from the UN. No matter what the topic is, as long as it concerns the US somehow, you can be sure that it's going to be biased.

The UN is a failure. It's nothing more than an attempt at letting the world govern itself, and it should have been dissolved long ago. Now it is just a few squabbling European countries complaining about what the US does, and a bunch of pissant African countries demanding our help (I say "our" because the monetary, material and military aid almost always comes from the United States, since nobody else can get it right). I really hope that the US pulls out of the UN and tells them to get lost the next time some third world dictator with control issues goes loco.

Could you please take your ignorant, uninformed, pro-american crap out of my thread? Your obvious lack of knowledge is pathetic at best and only helps to strengthen the prejudices about americans that are already running rampant around the world.

This is a silly thread dedicated to bragging about your country and nothing else.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I think the problems creation and continuity in the USA is just as much on whites shoulders as blacks.  I haven't seen a lot of the numbers but I lived in a rough area for a long time.. And black white brown asian russian whatever.  A lot of people commited and were affected by crime in the area.  And I have also lived in Suburbia.  And the white kids in suburbia take 'wannabe Gangsta' to a whole new level.  They r arguably more dangerous than REAL 'gangstas'.  You may be correct in general for the USA eldar.. But from my experience its not that way you say.

You mean posers? Yeah I just soil my pants every time I see some white kids with their mother's jewelry on and their brand new Reeboks trying to see who can say the "f" the most in thirty seconds.

Crime and poor living conditions aren't the fault of any specific race. That's the kind of crap I'd expect to hear from the KKK. Do you know why there are a lot of black thugs living in inner city slums? The same reason that there are latino thugs and white thugs living in inner city slums. Filthy urban environments are a breeding ground for TRASH. That fact holds true not just in the United States, but all over the world.

Could you please take your ignorant, uninformed, pro-american crap out of my thread? Your obvious lack of knowledge is pathetic at best and only helps to strengthen the prejudices about americans that are already running rampant around the world.

YOUR thread? You don't OWN anything on this forum, just like in your country, dumbass.

Prejudice cannot be strengthened, it just sort of swells and puffs up until someone pops it. That's what so great about bursting Euro bubbles.

This is a silly thread dedicated to bragging about your country and nothing else.

Yeah, that must be why you started right off the bat by comparing Sweden to the US.

Swedes love to bring up this whole living standard issue. You guys trumpet it off every chance you get. I once saw a thread entitled "Reasons why Sweden is better than the US" with your "great" living standard as the focus of the argument.

The funny part is, whenever you are confronted with facts, you fall back on the "ignorant redneck troglodyte" routine to try to belittle your opponent. So go on monkey, dance...

Yeah, that must be why you started right off the bat by comparing Sweden to the US.

Either that or the fact that this entire board is situated in America.. I don't expect you to understand the logic, but I assume most of the users of this board are american based on that fact.

Whine all you want and suck up the fact that you're number 8 on that list. Sweden is number 2. That's all you need to know.

Whine all you want and suck up the fact that you're number 8 on that list. Sweden is number 2. That's all you need to know.

I figured that would be the extent of your reply. Thanks for proving my point, idiot.

I figured that would be the extent of your reply. Thanks for proving my point, idiot.

Sure, and I can do it again if you want, loser. Number 2 >> Number 8. Tough luck. Try again next year. Maybe you'll pass Iceland some day?

If there's one thing I like about Sweden, it's the chicks.

I can do it again if you want

How many of them have you said that line to? How many of them knew you were lying?

Now even your comebacks are beginning to look like you came in eighth place. Sad.

sure they do taks. percentages can be very misleading when you is dealing with haves v. have nots.

that's not my point gromnir... the INDEX they used for this listing is not based on haves and have-nots in the same sense you're speaking of. the index itself is nothing more than 1) life expectancy as a percentage of the longest (not sure what the # is) 2) literacy rate as a % of the population, 3) enrollment in school through college as a % of population and 4) GDP per capita. the fourth is the only one that really has a "disparity" as the rich can certainly make up for the poor in some sense...

taks

comrade taks... just because.

You say not true.. But then you say they didnt show the #s for what I said. How do you say its not true then? lol... Maybe the 3 dots after you saying not true means 'oops I don't know if its true or not'.

our murder rate is not 10 times higher than anywhere else in the world... it is higher, for sure, but not 10 times.

the UN list simply does not contain the murder rate, unless they included it in the "assault" category. the fbi has a list if you'd like to find it.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Now even your comebacks are beginning to look like you came in eighth place. Sad.

I didn't come in eighth place. I live in Vermont. We were ranked as the second best state in the US to raise a family in, and I would pit this state against your insignificant longboat factory of a country any day.

Still, do you see me posting links to that survey and making fun of Louisiana? No, because unlike your pale Scandinavian ass, I don't have an inferiority complex. I don't need to establish my state or even my country as better than anyone else's.

So you can go ahead and brag all you want. Hold up scorecards to my replies or even to countries themselves, because everyone knows why you need to in the first place, and that's good enough for me.

I didn't come in eighth place. I live in Vermont. We were ranked as the second best state in the US to raise a family in, and I would pit this state against your insignificant longboat factory of a country any day.

Still, do you see me posting links to that survey and making fun of Louisiana? No, because unlike your pale Scandinavian ass, I don't have an inferiority complex. I don't need to establish my state or even my country as better than anyone else's.

So you can go ahead and brag all you want. Hold up scorecards to my replies or even to countries themselves, because everyone knows why you need to in the first place, and that's good enough for me.

Yup. You sure make it sound like I have the inferiority complex...

Keep on posting, number 8.

If there's one thing I like about Sweden, it's the chicks.

I can do it again if you want

How many of them have you said that line to? How many of them knew you were lying?

Aww, c'mon mkreku, even you yourself said that this thread was a joke as the whole list is FUBAR. Don't stoop to his level now. ;)

I will say though, that the Sierra Nevada mountains is one of the most beautiful places on earth though. And that while South Cali may have earthquakes, one up here is extremely rare as we're all sitting on Bedrock. :p No natural disasters to speak of w00t! :D

Aww, c'mon mkreku, even you yourself said that this thread was a joke as the whole list is FUBAR.  Don't stoop to his level now.  ;) 

Yes, I know, and any semi-intelligent person (or above) would bring that into this pointless and useless discussion. Even I don't believe in this list.. But this 'JN actually thinks the list and this thread is some personal attack on his nationalistic arse so I'm just entertaining myself with him for a while.. :p