Bragging rights

mkreku

I say "movies", because that's what they are. Documentaries are based on fact. Sometimes they are even a little slanted, but they do not rely on deception or emotion to get their point across.

The shocking nature of moore's films is how some stuff that seems slanted because its so harsh is actually true.

You saying I base my thought on the matter solely on BFC is wrong.  You assumed that on a shortcoming of information you did not investigate.. lol.  Making you wrong in this case.  oops.

Well now, let's just see about that...

We have more murders per year then most 'rich' countries combined. lol.

You say anywhere!?!?! You are a biased American i guess. We have over 10,000 murders by gun alone a year. Other countries have like 50, or 100, or 20. Do the math. I know more people who have been killed then 60% of Canada! lmao. I can dig up some #'s if you insist.

Our murder rate with guns is more than 100 times than that of Canada. hmph. And you think 10 times is unobtainable?

^Typical Moore talking points from a typical Moore drone

It cant be called breaking and entering in Canada... Its more like just entering lol.. They dont lock their doors I guess.. LMAO Micheal MOore bowling for Columbine.. Good stuff.

Further proof...

You haven't said anything that suggests you've done any research that required you to look away from the TV screen. You are just regurgitating what Moore has fed you, and I am shoving it back down. How's it taste?

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!  Your lying and twisting your statements in that sentence.  And claiming you don't do it, another lie.  You don't need to?  I guess theres truth, but it still doesn't stand in your action.  Since you do, quite commonly.  I don't base my opinions on what I see on TV.  And there you go, an example of twisting your context to support your view.  Pretty easy to do.  Maybe you shouldnt be so critical of MM since you can't even see you do the same thing.

Or maybe you shouldn't throw words around when you don't even know what they mean, or try arguing about things you know nothing about. Although I guess that's sort of like asking a retarded kid to stop hitting himself.

Actually, it's a common misconception that documentaries are serious and void of opinion.  It has fact and opinion and fact intertwined.

It is a "Fact-based film that depicts actual events and persons."-Britannica Online.

Someone can interpret those facts as they like.  It is fact and opinion.  He uses truth while dealing dirty and unfair blows (opinion related).

Fact is no longer fact if it is presented as something else. By comparing gun related death to gun MURDER rates (the two are not one in the same), you are presenting one figure as something it as not, and are effectively lying.

About the democrat thing, someone didn't seem to realize that and thought that the fact that "even some democrats don't like him" actually means something.

It doesn't matter if some democrats are more left leaning than others. They are traditionally anti-gun, and for any of them to back away from such a huge anti-gun tearjerker like this is definitely significant.

Fact is no longer fact if it is presented as something else. By comparing gun related death to gun MURDER rates (the two are not one in the same), you are presenting one figure as something it as not, and are effectively lying.

About the democrat thing, someone didn't seem to realize that and thought that the fact that "even some democrats don't like him" actually means something.

It doesn't matter if some democrats are more left leaning than others. They are traditionally anti-gun, and for any of them to back away from such a huge anti-gun tearjerker like this is definitely significant.

Firstly, interpretations can vary amongst those with honorable intents, does that make it not factual? Did I ever present something as something it isn't? Also, moore uses his facts and pus them together effectively.

This movie is still a documentary by classification and definition. It uses facts and documents (roughly Websters definition) to make and support a point.

Also, democrats aren't traditionally what you're saying. Firstly, democrats were traditionally rural, conservative people. Don't say something that general as the more general it is the easier it is to shoot down.

So what if democrats are traditionally anti-gun. Did they back away? Did I say that? No.

Republicans are traditionally small government. Look how much that matters right now.

You still assumed based on not enough evidence.  oops.

When was the last time you went outside? People do that ALL THE TIME. It's part of life. I couldn't prove to a judge that your opinion comes from Bowling for Columbine, but I gathered that much from your post and assumed that you didn't really know anything about the subject at all. Seems I was right.

Now you can hate yourself.  O wait, thats why you hate everything thats right.. ack..  I hum with my microwave sometimes......

Good, because that's probably where all your food comes from. Just remember not to put any jelly donuts in there, they will burn your mouth.

Whoa..people calm down. If you get this locked...it's too much fun to get locked. Just don't go out of control.

BTW, you know that you can almost never convince someone that you're right? The only part of debating that matters is winning. And in a place like this that can never happen.

"The shocking nature of moore's films is how some stuff that seems slanted because its so harsh is actually true. And if you're saying he isn't fair, its an opinion movie. He's allowed to support a point more than the other. He supports all his stuff pretty well (with the exception of those crazy notions once every now and then). Of course its not an objective neutral piece. HE CALLS HIS DOCUMENTARIES OPINION PIECES."

The problem isn't Moore having an opinion; the problem is he lies to make it seem his opinion is closer to fact when it isn't. That's the problem. Like i said previously, i enjoy his movies because they are enteraining; nbot because they teach anything new.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I love how you people are pointing fingers at me demanding sources, when you are getting all of your information FROM A MOVIE. Hypocrites.

Firstly, interpretations can vary amongst those with honorable intents, does that make it not factual?  Did I ever present something as something it isn't?  Also, moore uses his facts and pus them together effectively.

This movie is still a documentary by classification and definition.  It uses facts and documents (roughly Websters definition) to make and support a point.

Really? Facts? Documents? Where? Show me where he uses facts and documents to make a legitimate point.

Also, I don't see anything in the dictionary on "documentary" about lying or toying with people's emotions to compensate for a lack of substance. Strange, isn't it?

Also, democrats aren't traditionally what you're saying.  Firstly, democrats were traditionally rural, conservative people.  Don't say something that general as the more general it is the easier it is to shoot down. 

You aren't telling me anything I don't already know. If it's so easy to shoot down, shoot it down. Don't waste my time repeating what you read in a history book.

I love how you people are pointing fingers at me demanding sources, when you are getting all of your information FROM A MOVIE. Hypocrites.

Firstly, interpretations can vary amongst those with honorable intents, does that make it not factual?

What do my parents have to do with this? That was a low cheap blow? Have I been making fun of your family?

Anyway, It's been a year since I saw BFC so I'm trying to remember it. Since I saw F9/11 last week it was easeir.

While I'm thinking, I have to say, Moore isn't trying to be objective, so you can't criticize him there.

Also, did I specifically say I was talking about shooting your points down? You're actually the hardest one here. It's just when you said I hadn't just recently I couldn't resist... But I have shot down 1 a couple of your points.

Ok, I might have to do some research on BFC to prove you wrong as I can't remember stuff from a month ago, forget a year or more. Unfortunately I probably can't do that now as I have 5 hours of homework for a class that starts in 4 hours. I really shouldn't be here at all, but you guys are obviously part of a conspiracy to make me fail my class. LOL.