A few things I would love to see

I guess in your world there is only black and white, genius, or gimmicky and unoriginal.  You seemed to like the first ideas but then I typed what I felt agian, and apparently you hate because of it. lol.

If it makes you feel good to attack me then Im happy to be attacked.  But IMO its a sad existance for someone to thrive on.  Do you have a thread where you post ideas/suggestions instead of criticism?  I'd be interested 2 read.

Why do you immediately make that assumption? I found some of your ideas good, some i felt undecided on, and some I didn't like...that makes me close mided...right... ;) ...I'm glad you don't know how to read smilies...once again this is a public forum, your ideas will either be critiqued, praised, or added on to...just a risk you have to take...once again, I liked your intial suggestions, but did not like, even though you say hate, which is like putting words in my mouth, your last one...

Thinkin nunchakus concept would never be made if SW was reality is closed minded IMO. If you said you didnt like the idea, thats not closed minded. But you(or the person I called closed minded) said it would not happen in that determined reality. In which it most definetly would IMO.

And it just seems the numbers of SW fans who are angry or irritable is always higher than the norm. No matter where they are. I am a SW fan too. I still have this observation. Ands its quite true IMO. Not true for every person that fits the bill. But obviously more prevalent IMO. A lot of Mexicans eat tacos and beans frequently. They know good eating, lol. 2 cheese enchiladas with refried beans and rice with the right sauce.. mmmmmmmm. Its their culture. That being said its not with every Mexican of course.

A theory of this is SW fans are normally more intelligent. And in 2004, when your intelligent. Your a bit frusterated with such huge amounts of stupidity of the era.

Ambrosia3.gif

Im saying exactly what I said. You say your not 'trying to be mean'. Well Im not trying to be anything but myself. It was an observation. If you want to test my intelligence MSN me sometime and talk to me one on one instead of constantly trying to prove me wrong or attack my point of view.

I do not have the drawback of constant egocentric self comparison to other people. And IMO you are not in the position to evaluate my intelligence accurately in the first place. You've seen me post a couple suggestions then react to someone attacking me. My SW factoid IQ is probably low. lol. Thats about all you could conclude safely.

Ambrosia3.gif

My SW factoid IQ is probably low.  lol.  Thats about all you could conclude safely.

Lol, so is mine...

If you want to test my intelligence MSN me sometime and talk to me one on one instead of constantly trying to prove me wrong or attack my point of view.

I'm not trying to test your intelligence at all, I'm trying to figure out who you are referring to in that post...

And IMO you are not in the position to evaluate my intelligence accurately in the first place.

Never said I was...

I ignored the other ideas in your post because they were probably acceptable. That and everyone's too busy arguing about one another that finding actual suggestions within about the middle of the thread becomes an exercise in futility.

I really can't see a use for sword-chuks (8-bit). I have no problem with innovation, I just find 'new saber types' to be a gimmick. I know that staff sabers were first introduced with EK, but since ep1 you can't move in a star wars game for someone using these weapons.

The idea just grates. It's just perpetuation of the gimmick philosophy. It is adding a new saber type. You can continue your jedi fantasy with your saber whips, nunchuku, wolverine-like claws, bayonets, butter knives and bookmarks.

Now, if you were talking about an extension of the stun-baton into a more versatile weapon, i'd agree with you, but simply the moves required with nunchuks or whatever would decapitate, or at least cripple, the user.

Its all your opinion. You seem to think yours in the only one worth doing. Your egocentric IMO. You wouldnt be a good Jedi

When my opinion comes up against your gimmick-ridden ideas, I think mine is right. Perhaps you should focus more on the idea and why it'd be good and fit in with the star wars mythos, than attacking people with a contrary opinion to your own?

My idea was an alternative which I personally would find to be more in keeping with the Star Wars mythos than the usual range of Gap accessories. I do find that developers do not seem willing to allow clothing over armor, and I don't see why. That is the premise of my idea.

I'm not irritable. I just find the majority of ideas being posted here to be laughable and I will condescend those ideas as the fad-inspired tripe they are.

Perhaps you didnt pay any attention in Kotor, what with imagining nunchuku and everything, but there was no sense of individuality in the Jedi order. It's much like a monestary where a life of austerity is imposed to allow greater contemplation of one's self and spiritual matters.

Some punk in bright orange robes with a thong back and flashing different coloured lightsabers is just plain wrong.

In future perhaps you should respond to the argument than the person.

Oh, before I forget saying "IMO" or "IMHO" doesn't give your opinion any weight, it merely makes you sound like your suggestion is validated because, goodness!, you're humble.

If you can't make a good star wars game without compromising the integrity of the series, then perhaps its time to leave this universe.

"Some punk in bright orange robes with a thong back and flashing different coloured lightsabers is just plain wrong."

LMAO!!! I can see how that would be obtuse. But wasnt the cat chick in Orange? Didnt she have some sort of crazy hair? Doesn't Yoda have some awesome robe? Did Vader make his own armor?

"but simply the moves required with nunchuks or whatever would decapitate, or at least cripple, the user."

If you want I'll send you a vid of me using nunchakus, I would be able to use a lightsaber nunchaku quite well.. You underestimate my ability, let alone a 'Jedi's'. And to travel further into fantasyland. If I was a jedi with nunchaku lightsabers. The saber I have my hand on would normally not be active. You cannot argue logically that this would not be plausable in the reality of the SW realm. But I can totally respect you not wanting to see it in the game. Maybe it was just wishful thinking of being able to come in to a gaming studio and do nunchakus for a game on my part. lol.

"Perhaps you should focus more on the idea and why it'd be good and fit in with the star wars mythos, than attacking people with a contrary opinion to your own?"

Point taken. When you give your point of view more indepth I can understand it better. So if one has one bad idea they have "gimmick ridden ideas" tho?

"Perhaps you didnt pay any attention in Kotor, what with imagining nunchuku and everything, but there was no sense of individuality in the Jedi order. It's much like a monestary where a life of austerity is imposed to allow greater contemplation of one's self and spiritual matters."

Well I find that very naive in some ways too. How does one have greater comtemplation of ones self when they cannot be an individual? They cannot be their true self? Spiritual matters.. lol. If we all have a spirit, everything is spritual. Simple as that. And I did pay attention to Ep1 where Annakin made his own light saber design, I guess that was blasphemy. And how would Qel Droma have his/her own robe in the first place if this idea was so ridiculous? Or what if your a Sith? And you will use your powers for anything you want? Maybe my idea has flaws. But your critique does as well IMO.

And agian. I didnt make the thread in Off Topic because of you fire. Its been my observation for quite some time now.

Ambrosia3.gif

How would you unlock them?

After you beat the game with all the endings it unlocks like a famous jedi or sith face like you could look like darth vader

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Well I find that very naive in some ways too. How does one have greater comtemplation of ones self when they cannot be an individual? They cannot be their true self? Spiritual matters.. lol. If we all have a spirit, everything is spritual. Simple as that. And I did pay attention to Ep1 where Annakin made his own light saber design, I guess that was blasphemy. And how would Qel Droma have his/her own robe in the first place if this idea was so ridiculous? Or what if your a Sith? And you will use your powers for anything you want? Maybe my idea has flaws. But your critique does as well IMO.

Well, the point is, everyone is an individual. Everyone is unique, and to wear something as garish as a purple and orange polka-dot robes, for instance, would sort of downplay that uniqness. The uniqness is within, whats on the outside doesn't really matter. Asfor making your own lightsaber, and Qel Dromas's robes, well that was more about effectiveness, than making a fashion statement. In the case of making the Lightsaber, you strengthen your connection to the Force. Qel Dromas' robes, OTH, probably were made of some exotic material that gave a defense bonus or something.

First of all, the "catgirl" from Kotor can probably be junked in with JarJar as one of the most annoying characters in an otherwise fairly blameless game.

Yoda has a pretty regular robe. I mean, he's about 2 feet tall, he's not exactly going to be trailing around 4 feet of extra robe.

Videos of you waving sticks around is not a high priority for me. I just don't like the idea of introducing new saber weapons. I'm a grumpy old man with traditional views.

Any idea that simply introduces a "cool" item to a franchise is a gimmick if that item's only purpose within the media is as a "cool" item. I don't mind expansion and innovation, as long as it fits. and Nunchuku don't fit, at least in my mind anyway.

What I would like to see is the game being more Mod friendly, but since my question was answered at E3 with a resounding "No" I can't look forward to any such developments.

another suggestion. In the minigame where you shoot fighters off your ships tail.. If you suck you take damage. and you have a worker droid who repairs stuff you have to restock in your ship everyonce ina while for when you take damage.

I want 2 see these so much i'll say them 2ce lol.

Pazaak tournies.

Much more swoop circuits, pro swoop tour.

A lot more bounties. Maybe even a bounty datauplink to your data pad that has many bounties for people who at most times have their location 'unknown somewhere in KotORII' and maybe even just in smitherines somewhere and still have bounties on them. Maybe you can get evidance of their fate, and collect the bounty for showing them the wanted person is dead.

Ambrosia3.gif

AHHHHHHHH never compare Juhani to Jar-Jar. Juhani was cool and powerful. Just thinking about he-who-shall-not-be-named gives me headaches (no seriously, I started getting a headache as soon as I read his name though It might be coincidence.

In the minigame where you shoot fighters off your ships tail.. If you suck you take damage. and you have a worker droid who repairs stuff you have to restock in your ship everyonce ina while for when you take damage.

I would find that cool and realistic, he could fix the hyperdrive, refill the bacta tank...and so on, but it would also be cool to be able to fix it yourself for some XP... :blink: ...couldn't the worker droid be T3?

Pazaak tournies.

Much more swoop circuits, pro swoop tour.

^agreed

A lot more bounties. Maybe even a bounty datauplink to your data pad that has many bounties for people who at most times have their location 'unknown somewhere in KotORII' and maybe even just in smitherines somewhere and still have bounties on them. Maybe you can get evidance of their fate, and collect the bounty for showing them the wanted person is dead.

How many though? I think at the most, 40... :p

Well, since they have been saying that they are improving the upgrading/customization I think it would make since for them to allow a powerful Jedi to infuse an item with the power of the force. Remember the sword of Ajunta Pall? It was "tainted" with the dark side. You could either have it as an option in the customization menu (IE the workbench) or have it where when you get far enough in a certain side of the force, light or dark, your force power taints the items you're using.