I hope it ain't true

I was just reading the Star Wars Databank and judging from the thing on Malak it seems that KOTOR2 may be pre-set to the light side ending. :blink: I sure hope not I did both endings and I am looking forward to playing TSL with both endings too.

I doubt it, the SW databank 'preset' KotOR,in as much, it assumed it ended LS, I wouldn't worry too much about that.

I was just reading the Star Wars Databank and judging from the thing on Malak it seems that KOTOR2 may be pre-set to the light side ending. :blink: I sure hope not I did both endings and I am looking forward to playing TSL with both endings too.

I doubt it.

The SW databank just elected to go with a set ending, and shouldn't have an impact on the game in the least.

It was done more for SW continuity than to dictate how TSL will play out.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

My believe has always been that they will go with the lightside ending.

I think that somewhere was said that after the war with Darth Malak the Republic has retreated to defend the core worlds. Does anyone remember the end of Kotor 1 on darkside, you have a 1000 ships and if you notice a little better they are all Levithian class. It would be impossible for the republic to survive that.Most probably the option dark from the first one will be that Revan has gone dark

( because of ??? ) after he saved the republic and destroyed the Star Forge.The other way is haghly unbelievable.

At least, that's my opinion.

The game will ask you which ending u chose but it will only effect the history between the games not the way it starts.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

I think I am answering the right question, but I might not be.  Anyway, there is not set ending to KOTOR2, however like KOTOR1 some Star Wars history sites/books will assume one of them.

For the very first playthrough, which path would you recommend (LS or DS), in TSL, Mr. Urquhart?

manthing2.jpg

I think I am answering the right question, but I might not be.  Anyway, there is not set ending to KOTOR2, however like KOTOR1 some Star Wars history sites/books will assume one of them.

For the very first playthrough, which path would you recommend (LS or DS), in TSL, Mr. Urquhart?

i doubt he can answer that.but it would be interesting to know his personal opinion.

Personally I like playing the Light Side, but that really is just personal and doesn't really have to do with playing TSL. Also, I need to play the dark side more to get a real feel for it. We're finally getting into the playing it a lot part of the project.

Feargus Urquhart

CEO

Obsidian Entertainment, Inc.

Personally I like playing the Light Side, but that really is just personal and doesn't really have to do with playing TSL.  Also, I need to play the dark side more to get a real feel for it.  We're finally getting into the playing it a lot part of the project.

Thanks for the reply. :huh:

manthing2.jpg

Personally I like playing the Light Side, but that really is just personal and doesn't really have to do with playing TSL.  Also, I need to play the dark side more to get a real feel for it.  We're finally getting into the playing it a lot part of the project.

That's the kind of job I need to get. The part that skips over the major work, and just shows up to play the game.

Got any openings and room for me in your attic? :blink:

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

cant wait for december.hows the game look,so far?

suppose thats off topic.sorry.

*shrugs*

As good as you'd expect from a "PC-Lite". <_<

i was talking to feargus.and that was last night. :huh:

whistling.gif

:) (aww man, I can't believe I'm actually laughing at this :ph34r: )

OK, I gotta say, jaguars4ever, you are one vicious dude :ph34r: . That was probably one of the most insidiously subtle, offhand remark I've seen yet. Not only did you seemingly simultaneously insult Microsoft and Xbox users in general, you seem to have caused one of the 'Xboxers' to stumble into your snare - whether you set it intentionally or not.

That's pretty evil humour, but I have to admit, I got a laugh out of it (with the deepest of apologies to sstep and despite not wanting to get dragged into such a sordid affair). No doubt, several other primarily PC users (who viewed this exchange in the same light I'm seeing it in anyways) got their giggles in as well.

Personally, I'm rather neutral on the console thing. I remember wayyy back when I had a coleco vision set, and desperately wanted a bonafide computer (an apple IIc or something or other I believe) so I could play all those awesome games my friends kept showing me. Flash forward decades later, and I look back at all these consoles (PS2, XBox, NCube to name a few) and I gotta say, "Man, I can't believe I used to play games on those things!" (of course present generation consoles were a lot better than yester year's - or decade's - variants, but present generation computers are far better as well)

Consoles are fine, but I tend to see them as second hand and second place to a computer (but that's just my opinion :p ). In anycase, I firmly believe the graphics of KotOR2 will be fine for both Xbox and PC versions. Well, fine enough for both parties to be happy.

[i'm probably gonna be censured or something :ph34r: - if not out right roasted to a crispy char :p ]

OK' date=' I gotta say, [b']jaguars4ever[/b], you are one vicious dude :ph34r: . That was probably one of the most insidiously subtle, offhand remark I've seen yet. Not only did you seemingly simultaneously insult Microsoft and Xbox users in general, you seem to have caused one of the 'Xboxers' to stumble into your snare - whether you set it intentionally or not.

That's pretty evil humour, but I have to admit, I got a laugh out of it (with the deepest of apologies to sstep and despite not wanting to get dragged into such a sordid affair). No doubt, several other primarily PC users (who viewed this exchange in the same light I'm seeing it in anyways) got their giggles in as well.

no offense taken.glad you got your kicks out of it.i dont mind. :huh:

admittedly,it just went right over my head. :ph34r: :huh:

no offense taken.glad you got your kicks out of it.i dont mind. :)

admittedly,it just went right over my head. :ph34r:  :huh:

To be honest, it initially went over mine as well. The veiled reference and the whistling didn't dawn on me until I went coasting around other threads and happened to return to this thread about two more times after.

cant wait for december.hows the game look,so far?

suppose thats off topic.sorry.

*shrugs*

As good as you'd expect from a "PC-Lite". <_<

i was talking to feargus.and that was last night. :huh:

whistling.gif

:) (aww man, I can't believe I'm actually laughing at this :ph34r: )

OK, I gotta say, jaguars4ever, you are one vicious dude :ph34r: . That was probably one of the most insidiously subtle, offhand remark I've seen yet. Not only did you seemingly simultaneously insult Microsoft and Xbox users in general, you seem to have caused one of the 'Xboxers' to stumble into your snare - whether you set it intentionally or not.

Personally, I'm rather neutral on the console thing. I remember wayyy back when I had a coleco vision set, and desperately wanted a bonafide computer (an apple IIc or something or other I believe) so I could play all those awesome games my friends kept showing me. Flash forward decades later, and I look back at all these consoles (PS2, XBox, NCube to name a few) and I gotta say, "Man, I can't believe I used to play games on those things!" (of course present generation consoles were a lot better than yester year's - or decade's - variants, but present generation computers are far better as well)

Consoles are fine, but I tend to see them as second hand and second place to a computer (but that's just my opinion :p ). In anycase, I firmly believe the graphics of KotOR2 will be fine for both Xbox and PC versions. Well, fine enough for both parties to be happy.

[i'm probably gonna be censured or something :ph34r: - if not out right roasted to a crispy char :p ]

Bienvenu. ^_^

manthing2.jpg