Docking places

If you want to create some action and tension, you can do that.

3 of your characters are blasting out of someone's lair. The place is going to blow up, and they have five minutes go get out of there. Put a clock on the screen.

And you can switch over to 3 other party members who are fighting their way to the Ebon Hawk, getting it ready for a quick getaway.

It's against the law to not dock properly and pay docking fees.

Also, theorhetically when you dock, you get fresh water on board, get rid of trash, get new supplies, refuel, etc.

I never paid my docking fees, those weak minded fools.

Thats like using Force Persuade to get out of paying bus fare. Or using it to get out of tipping your waitress. Its kinda trivial.

You don't see it in game, because its not really well represented, but the Selkath and the Czerka provided a service. The docking fee covered refueling, and possibly restocking of supplies for the ship(Don't remember if the latter is true or not). In this case, you should pay.

I thought you could only persude the weak willed. That's why you had few opportunities to persuade.

Then again, in KOTOR you could Force persuade a Hutt, and I thought Hutts and Toydarians were supposed to be immune to such things.