UPGRADEBLE SWOOP BIKES

Do you agree we should have upgradable swoop bikes?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree we should have upgradable swoop bikes?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure

Oh, sorry...anyways, who deems it illegal? Maybe it should very planet to planet...don't you think?  ;)

All the planets love racing so I don't see how they could be illegal. Swoop racing is like the NASCAR of the galaxy far far away. You might catch some unorthodox racing action in some hick amateur league like the one on Tatooine though. Personally thats why I want a sponser like the Czerka Corp as I move up through the main circuits ranks. Also it would be cool to sabotage the other racers swoops.

Cheers!

Also it would be cool to sabatoge the other racers swoops.

You mean like Saboga (or however you spell it) in Ep1 who sabatoged Ani's pod racer. I could see it, makeit where you canget to the pits before the race and it would work.

iceman1731.jpg

I think that the swoop racing was stupid, just like the turret mini game. This is supposed to be a CRPG, not a racing or space shooting game. The success or failure on a swoop bike should be based on my character's skill and not mine.

I think that the swoop racing was stupid, just like the turret mini game. This is supposed to be a CRPG, not a racing or space shooting game. The success or failure on a swoop bike should be based on my character's skill and not mine.

Stop crying. The devs have said minigames will not be key to advancing the game in TSL. I like having bits of the game that aren't entirely character skill-dependent.

Then go play Jedi Order or some other twitch fested game and keep that crap out of CRPGs.

Maybe you missed what I said.

YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO PLAY MINIGAMES IN KOTOR 2.

MINIGAMES ARE COMPLETELY OPTIONAL IN KOTOR 2.

TWITCH-BASED MINIGAMES ARE NOT REQUIRED IN ANY WAY TO ADVANCE THE STORYLINE IN KOTOR 2.

You have no reason to complain. They're simply there for people who enjoy playing them. If you don't, then it's quite simple: avoid them. If they bother you that much that they sour the entire game experience somehow, then don't buy the game, save your fifty bucks, and stop bitching.

Then go play Jedi Order or some other twitch fested game and keep that crap out of CRPGs.

Mini games don't always belong in CRPG's but I think in the case of KOTOR they fit. I don't know about Pazaak but Swoop Racing is most certainly a part of the Star Wars world. It had been implemented well before KOTOR came out. Therefore it adds to the experience of actually living in that world to have Swoop Racing available to you. As far as whether or not the skill at racing should be based on the actual character or you I'd prefer they focus on other things as supposed to trying to build up some type of system for how well you ride a swoop bike, or play cards and shoot a gun. IMHO

maybe i'm the weird one here... but i didn't find swoop bikes all that stimulating in the first game. It was cool on Taris b/c it added to the story line... but somehow implementing a swoop bike circuit in this game, for me, would be kinda boring. Instead, it would seem just like something to do for those who want to fully explore the entire game. It would be different for me if we were racing other npcs at the same time (alla episode I), but going over a straight track trying to dodge objects while aiming for speed boosts quickly looses its replay vaule for me. Thats just MY opinion though... as I am sure most people really liked the swoop bikes.

I didn't like the old swoop system, but I can see it improving with changes. It has potential; this potential is easier to bring out in a circuit (I don't like those boost things either. They should give a temporary speed boost, not make the race).

These are the changes I would make to the Swoop race.

1: Keep the speed ups to a minimum.

2: Multiple racers on the field at the same time with the option of crashing/killing others. Also a chance you dying as well.

3: Make the Swoop controls character based and based on the character's skills and abilities.

• 4 weeks later...
These are the changes I would make to the Swoop race.

1: Keep the speed ups to a minimum.

2: Multiple racers on the field at the same time with the option of crashing/killing others. Also a chance you dying as well.

3: Make the Swoop controls character based and based on the character's skills and abilities.

1: Ok.

2: I like the old system of just beating the time.

3:"Man I have low dex, gahhhhhh!!!!" *Explodes*

no way man, it's meant to be twitched, meaning your skill.