Romance Poll: More than two

How many romances should KOTOR2 have?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. How many romances should KOTOR2 have?

• One for male, one for female, like KOTOR1
    • Multiple choices
    • Multiple choices........including same sex
    • None at all!

I think the KOTOR 1 romances kinda sucked. With Carth you just made strange jokes and then he made a promise to you (it was funny though), and with Bastila you just say nice and occasionally flirtatious things to you and she kisses you (and shortly thereafter says she never wants to talk about it again; at least not until malak's dead). Anyone else unsatisfied with that part of the game?

Perhaps, but it would be very inappropriate for Star Wars for the fulfillment many players probably would want..........and I don't just mean an actual on-screen kiss.

I think the KOTOR 1 romances kinda sucked.  With Carth you just made strange jokes and then he made a promise to you (it was funny though), and with Bastila you just say nice and occasionally flirtatious things to you and she kisses you (and shortly thereafter says she never wants to talk about it again; at least not until malak's dead).  Anyone else unsatisfied with that part of the game?

Perhaps, but it would be very inappropriate for Star Wars for the fulfillment many players probably would want..........and I don't just mean an actual on-screen kiss.

They can have satisfying dialogue or at most implications without going ...dirty... I think that maybe a BG style romance (haven't done it myself as I got bored with that game but I heard about it) might be better. Yah, a dark side temptress would be awesome.

To quote myself from another thread:

"I'm looking forward to seeing who Atris really is. I guess we can all assume she's the "princess," whether more like Bastila or Leia or something totally different. Hopefully something totally different - but the game still needs a princess of some sort to woo

I'm surprised no one's ever mentioned the possibility of fighting over one NPC with another for romance purposes.

Ahh, the glory that is making an ass of yourself. It would be fun - they should have it in the game. "

Mind that last paragraph. ;) We NEED that feature.

I mean, hey, any game has you being fought over (most obnoxiously) why not get the player to do the fighting? Of course, they wouldn't have to fight, and preferrably they'd drop it with you after a couple times you showed you didn't want to even bother.

To quote myself from another thread:

"I'm looking forward to seeing who Atris really is. I guess we can all assume she's the "princess," whether more like Bastila or Leia or something totally different. Hopefully something totally different - but the game still needs a princess of some sort to woo

I'm surprised no one's ever mentioned the possibility of fighting over one NPC with another for romance purposes.

Ahh, the glory that is making an ass of yourself. It would be fun - they should have it in the game. "

Mind that last paragraph. ;) We NEED that feature.

I mean, hey, any game has you being fought over (most obnoxiously) why not get the player to do the fighting? Of course, they wouldn't have to fight, and preferrably they'd drop it with you after a couple times you showed you didn't want to even bother.

Why a "princess?" Why can't she be the "queen" like Amidala? ;)

As for your other part, it would be new and original to have a Jedi love triangle as a plot device.

I would like to see a romance develop between two of your NPCs. I can see Atton and Mira as a bit of a couple. It would be great character interaction and make many situations more tense and realistic when they are both involved.

I say, make it a 10 NPC love-fest, droids included.

In all actuality, we don't know much of anything about the NPCs yet. I want to be surprised by the interactions I discover along with way. I'm content to wait until the game is in my hands.

Han also saved Leia on Hoth as he uttered the words "I will get her out on the Falcon." He also saved Luke and the rebelion which includes Leia when he got Vader off Luke's tail. He then did all of the above again in ROTJ when he covers a wounded Leia at the shield generator and later blows the thing up allowing the Republic fleet to enter the second Death Star.

Cheers!

I the definition of the Princess has become more and more of a sidekick. We see Padme pick up a Blaster and start shooting. No doubt more anyone would do as such to defend themselves given the circumstances, but she seemed quite adept at handling that blaster.

Yeah, but the point still is that "princess" meant something else (I put that in an odd way - I need sleep).  In the star wars universe, woman aren't screechy and useless...

I agree Princess Leia wasn't useless but you said she wasn't screechy which I disagree with. She was very stuck up and screechy as you put it until the end of ESB. I have to admit she did add some comic relief with her stuck up royal attitude especailly when she said to Han "Can somebody get this walking carpet out of my way?" Classic.

"Princess" significance is still the same of medevil literature, Arwen in LotR (books, not the god damn movies) is a example of that role.

Leia is not exactly a ~"princess" on those terms and that is why Leia got pissed every time Han called her a princess since he was using the word as in the sense of being a "Arwen" figure.

drakron.png

I agree with Adrea. What matters is the quality of the experience - of the relationships.

Non romantic relationships are also important - especially relationships with mentors and sidekicks.

[;)]

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

Romances are an overrated annoyance. I'd rather see them improve the game in other ways than add pathetic romances with dialogue choices I wouldn't have used anyway.

That said multiple choices including same sex would be the way to go. If they are going to do it anyway, don't do it half assed.

That said multiple choices including same sex would be the way to go. If they are going to do it anyway, don't do it half assed.

Which is why a choice for the dark siders to rape and subjugate someone using jedi mind powers as a romance option should be included.

Let's keep the T&A in FanTAsy

***Posting delayed, user on moderator review***

Why Bio Why?

I knew this thread would eventually spiral towards the decadent.

Are you saying the game should be light side only?

Or are you saying it should be hetrosexual only?

Let's keep the T&A in FanTAsy

***Posting delayed, user on moderator review***

Why Bio Why?

I knew this thread would eventually spiral towards the decadent.

Are you saying the game should be light side only?

Or are you saying it should be hetrosexual only?

Well games that involve rape, homosexuality, sexual intercourse, etc. quickly get rated 'M' or perhaps even 'X'.

"You shall not pass!"