The It's Disappointing Thread II - The Sequel

I wonder if it would be legal to download the game and send 50$ directly to Obsidian? :p

I read about some guy in Sweden who bought a CD, tried to transfer the songs to his MP3-player but couldn't (because of copy protection systems), returned the CD to the store, downloaded the songs from the internet and then sent 20$ directly to the music company. He got away with it.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Well, I'm back, I couldn't sleep, and I might as well do some of my mindless homework anyway.  In response to Iolo, I don't care if it doesn't make a difference, if anything, it will say that not ALL PC gamers can be pushed around.  (Just most of them apparently.  <_< )  I heard several people say that it was impossible not to buy Lucasarts games, well, I'm going to prove them wrong.  Even if no one else joins me, it will be my own personal victory, and I'll know that at least I didn't sit idly by and let them pull this crap like the rest of you schmucks.  I don't remember who said it, but it's a very democratic process.  Someone pisses you off, you don't buy their stuff.  I'll still be supporting Obsidian (Cuz they cool like that) even more than if I bought the game right when it came out.  I'll probably have heard just as many spoilers as I would have by the end of the two months as at the end of the year.  I'm a man of action, and action I will take, even if all I'm doing is not buying a company's videogame, while supporting the Developer that got screwed over just as much as us by this ****.  :angry:

For some reason I have a feeling you will buy Kotor II, I mean what's the point in getting mad since it's being released later if you're not going to get it at all?

Oh, I'm getting it, a year after it's released at severely lower prices, after sending Obsidian the full difference in cost by the end of this week. Two months, a year. I'll still have read spoilers somewhere or other. Doesnt' really matter. Point is, I'm proving that at least I can't be pushed around. You folks do whatever you want, let the game companies stomp all over you however many times you feel like. You'll get the point sooner or later, even if PC gaming is dead by that time. :p

I wonder if it would be legal to download the game and send 50$ directly to Obsidian? ;)

I read about some guy in Sweden who bought a CD, tried to transfer the songs to his MP3-player but couldn't (because of copy protection systems), returned the CD to the store, downloaded the songs from the internet and then sent 20$ directly to the music company. He got away with it.

I don't think that would fly in this case mkreku, since it's Star Wars, and that's intellectual property right there. If it was an independant IP on the other hand....

I mean, look at what Brad Wardell over at Stardock is doing with the distribution of their games. That freaking rocks. :)

well we could ask the moderator not to create a spoilers forum till the the international version is released, and have obsidian email the cheatcodes , spoilers and other such places on the web not to post anything spoiler wise or cheat codes on there sites til the releases of the pc and international versions

Strength through Mercy

Head Torturor of the Cult of the Anti-gnome

I wonder if it would be legal to download the game and send 50$ directly to Obsidian? :)

Oi. If that were possible! :)

Perhaps download KotOR2 and buying two copies of Neverwinter Nights 2 when it comes out? :)

My solution r teh betterer, but you guys are all too anxious to get the game to actually go through with it. :(

I wonder if it would be legal to download the game and send 50$ directly to Obsidian? :lol:

I don't think that would fly in this case mkreku, since it's Star Wars, and that's intellectual property right there. If it was an independant IP on the other hand....

I mean, look at what Brad Wardell over at Stardock is doing with the distribution of their games. That freaking rocks. :lol:

Yeah, I guess you're right. But once Obsidian starts doing their own IP's they could offer downloadable games through their own FTP.. I'd love that. Down with racist (against us Europeans) publishers! :huh:

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

It's not so much an issue of any one person making it for the length of the boycott, it's that the market is big enough they don't give a @E$)*(. There were a ton of people boycotting LA after the Sam and Max 2 mess, but hasn't done anything. There will always be millions of little kids getting the starwars game in their stocking so LA doesn't have to care and so what I meant was the only impact it has is on you yourself. Capitalism is nice in theory, but it just doesn't work so well with an uneducated and apathetic consumer base. Unless the games light on fire and burn houses down. That might cause a stir. Maybe.....

It's not so much an issue of any one person making it for the length of the boycott, it's that the market is big enough they don't give  a @E$)*(.  There were a ton of people boycotting LA after the Sam and Max 2 mess, but hasn't done anything.  There will always be millions of little kids getting the starwars game in their stocking so LA doesn't have to care and so what I meant was the only impact it has is on you yourself.  Capitalism is nice in theory, but it just doesn't work so well with an uneducated and apathetic consumer base.  Unless the games light on fire and burn houses down.  That might cause a stir.  Maybe.....

That could be arranged... :)

Well there should have been some response from Obsidian by now and guess what nothing. Now weve been lied to and ignored. Great going guys

I highly doubt that Obsidian can legally say anymore than what Akari already came out with. The ball is in Lucasarts court now, but as was already said by someone else; "I expect an apology from Lucasarts just about as much as I expect Lucas to come out and say the whole Greedo shooting first thing was a mistake. :)

It's because they tried to please everybody that they're in this mess.

Simultaneous release date.

Exactly. Don't promise on something you can't or will not deliver on because it will bite you in the arse.

Precisely. If u cant, or wont deliver, dont make that promise about a simultaneous release.

Edited by KOTORFanactic

If thats the case, and I cant see why it should be to be honest then why havnt they said they cant discuss it for legal reasons? Or simply said a statment is in the works? They have had all day.

Gee, I dunno, because if they admitted that, it would be admitting through non-admission that Lucasarts ****ed up bad, gave us the shaft REEEEEEAAAL good this time. ;)

It's because they tried to please everybody that they're in this mess.

Simultaneous release date.

Exactly. Don't promise on something you can't or will not deliver on because it will bite you in the arse.

what a flood of email that a secretary will have to deal with and a 1 person boycott

how exactly is this biting them in the arse

I just realized it is September, not August.  So I will be waiting until SEPTEMBER 12 to buy any new games that come out in the intermittent year.  I don't care if anyone else follows suit.....but you guys seem to think it can't be done; I'm going to prove it can.  I also realize, that by the time the year is up, I will be working a full time job, and going to college, so I will have significantly less time for gaming.  But we all must make sacrifices.  ^_^

I give him till 3 days after the release before he quietly

repeals this pledge and pays his slice of George

Lucas' salary. I could be wrong but then again, I'm the

Master of All, I don't think I'm capable. :rolleyes:

I give him till 3 days after the release before he quietly

repeals this pledge and pays his slice of George

Lucas' salary. I could be wrong but then again, I'm the

Master of All, I don't think I'm capable. :rolleyes:

I give him two. Once he gets on the fourms and reads how good it is he wont be able to stop himself from going and getting it.

EVEN IF (and that's a big if) it's not lucasarts fault that someone screwed up so bad, I jsut have to say this who keep saying we PCers are just whining or that we shouldn't say such bad things about LA since it's not their fault: we have all the right to make theories about their corruption until they give an offical statement, apology, and explanation.

yeah 2 days sound good. he will read the posts that first day and be mad the next day and but it one the 3rd.

C'mon you guys, you don't give me enough credit. You're talking to someone who delights in proving people wrong, especially authority figures. The $20 for Obsidian will be put in the mail day after tomorrow since I'll be in town for my weekly school session. Even if I do crack (WHICH I WON'T!), it won't be any sooner than when it hits the $10 range, simply so I don't lose any of my hard earned money. :huh: