In retailiation for this outrage.

OrganisedChaos

Does the delay of TSL so enrage you that you will NOT buy the trilogy DVD?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Does the delay of TSL so enrage you that you will NOT buy the trilogy DVD?

• NO WAY IM GETTING IT! Lucas is NOT getting my money now.
    • I'll still buy the DVD, though I am mad as hell.
    • Nothing could stop me from buying it. NOTHING.
    • I never wanted it in the first place!

The documentary (Empire Of Dreams, I think it's called) is really interesting and runs some 90 minutes I believe.

It was already shown on A&E, unless it was a different documentary using the title "Empire of Dreams".

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I thought you were saying the documentary on the DVD was called Empire of Dreams, because that's what the person before you posted about (that he'd buy it just to see the documentary).

I'm lost.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Tee-Hee....Penny Arcade clowns on Lucas:

20040922l.jpg

While Scott Kurtz at PvP is somewhat nicer:

pvp20040921.gif

The first one, though extremely sarcastic (everyone knows there's no GAYS in the Star Wars universe....that would be TERRIBLE) fits my feelings as to why I wasn't gonna buy the raped version of the OT anyway. :)

The second strip is spot on...

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Hey, its his work and he can do whatever he wants to it.  Its his time and money going into it, not yours.  :rolleyes:

Of course he can....and MY money that I've spent MY time earning doesn't have to buy it now does it. ;)

Of course. That is your choice and more power to you, but that isn't going to make Star Wars go back to the Original.

Hey, its his work and he can do whatever he wants to it.  Its his time and money going into it, not yours.  :lol:

Of course he can....and MY money that I've spent MY time earning doesn't have to buy it now does it. :p

Of course. That is your choice and more power to you, but that isn't going to make Star Wars go back to the Original.

Well....considering how young I still am...and how old Lucas is now....I'm hoping against hope that he'll kick the bucket soon...and whoever he's left the rights to, will have more sense than him, and release the Director's cut (Special Edition), and the Theatrical cut (The one we all know and love). Like just about every other DVD in existence that was heavily edited at one time or another. :p

Hmm... with all this griping about Star Wars, ver 3.x, I wonder if it would be a good time to sell that laser disc version of the (unretouched by GL, ver 1.0) original Ep IV we picked up back in 1980? I could make a small fortune.......

Hmm...  with all this griping about Star Wars, ver 3.x, I wonder if it would be a good time to sell that laser disc version of the (unretouched by GL, ver 1.0) original Ep IV we picked up back in 1980?  I could make a small fortune.......

You could make more if you bought the means to copy it to DVD and mass produced it....but that would probably be illegal. :)

I'm waiting for the package of all 6 films. Hopefully by then, GL will be dead and someone else will be in charge of Lucasarts and will release a Alien Quadrilogy quality package, with both the theatrical cuts, and special editions.

... and later on in the thread ...

Well....considering how young I still am...and how old Lucas is now....I'm hoping against hope that he'll kick the bucket soon...and whoever he's left the rights to, will have more sense than him, and release the Director's cut (Special Edition), and the Theatrical cut (The one we all know and love).  Like just about every other DVD in existence that was heavily edited at one time or another.  :(

Lucas is no Gene Roddenberry (though he could learn alot from the collaborative process as shown in related novels and other media).

Years ago I recall hearing that should he die, he takes it with him to the grave - giving no one rights to continue his work on his Star Wars.

In a sense it's a decent plan to keep fanatics from assassinating him to end his reign of terror. ;)

Worse crime would be if it was bequeathed to his daughter, as she allegedly wanted NSYNC in the last movie ... imagine what horrors she'd unleash with the powers of the dark side .....

I'm waiting for the package of all 6 films. Hopefully by then, GL will be dead and someone else will be in charge of Lucasarts and will release a Alien Quadrilogy quality package, with both the theatrical cuts, and special editions.

... and later on in the thread ...

Well....considering how young I still am...and how old Lucas is now....I'm hoping against hope that he'll kick the bucket soon...and whoever he's left the rights to, will have more sense than him, and release the Director's cut (Special Edition), and the Theatrical cut (The one we all know and love).  Like just about every other DVD in existence that was heavily edited at one time or another.  :p

Lucas is no Gene Roddenberry (though he could learn alot from the collaborative process as shown in related novels and other media).

Years ago I recall hearing that should he die, he takes it with him to the grave - giving no one rights to continue his work on his Star Wars.

In a sense it's a decent plan to keep fanatics from assassinating him to end his reign of terror. :p

Worse crime would be if it was bequeathed to his daughter, as she allegedly wanted NSYNC in the last movie ... imagine what horrors she'd unleash with the powers of the dark side .....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :ph34r:

Anyhow, update on the Penny Arcade scene. Gabe has unleashed the new Meow Skywalker wallpaper. Now you too can go "bat**** ****ing loco."* :D

*wallpaper linked to is in 1280x1024 size, go to the main page for two other resolutions.

Has anyone actually bought and viewed the DVD trilogy?  What new "changes" has Georgie made now?

There is a list on the IGN review.

He made episode 4 Jabba look better. Thats a good thing :lol:

He replaced some of the actors from the OT with their new trilogy counterparts.(Bobba Fett, Ghost Anakin)

And he apparantly improved the look of the lightsabers in all 3 films.

There is a list on the IGN review.

He made episode 4 Jabba look better. Thats a good thing :p

He replaced some of the actors from the OT with their new trilogy counterparts.(Bobba Fett, Ghost Anakin)

And he apparantly improved the look of the lightsabers in all 3 films.

And that's worth spending, what, $80+ dollars on? :lol: