KOTOR II Force Powers

Brings back up the question of using the Force on objects.  If I could use force pull, mabe I could use it to pull a lever across a way...

What about a force power that can blind your opponent (I believe that there was something like it in Dark Forces: Jedi Knight)?

While I'm not 100% certain (Implementing Force Powers wasn't my jurisdiction), I think Mind Trick can be used to effectively 'blind' and 'deafen' a target in KotOR2. I think this relates more to making it easier to sneak past another character than making them miss more in combat, but I'm not actually sure.

-Akari

Once I learned the true nature of Force Pull, it was the force power that got me through Jedi Knight. Every one I stumbled into I would pull their weapons out of their hands and get them at my leisure :lol:

Force Pull would have been very effective in, say, that tomb on Korriban where you have to run the gauntlet of blasting war droids. Just Force Pull the lever on the other side, and you're saved. Of course, the droids weren't really all that dangerous anyway...

"You shall not pass!"

Force Pull would have been very effective in, say, that tomb on Korriban where you have to run the gauntlet of blasting war droids. Just Force Pull the lever on the other side, and you're saved. Of course, the droids weren't really all that dangerous anyway...

Yeah and two jedi

Okay, here's an update on the new force powers.

Battle Meditation: Bastila's special mind-affecting power. Enemies are frightened and fight poorly, allies are encouraged and fight with precision.

Force Crush: Dark Side Power. Used for crushing opponents after lifting them off the ground.

Force Rage: Another stat-modifying power, this time a dark side one.

Force Sight: Lets you see through walls and see force alignment of NPCs, via auras: blue for good, red for evil, and gray for neutral.

Force Clairvoyance: Lets you see the future in the game (ie. farther ahead in the level).

Force Confusion: Allows you to turn weak-minded enemies against each other in combat.

Master Fury: Yet another Dark Side stat-modifying power.

Mind Trick: Allows you to sneak past enemies without being seen or heard.

Possible Additions:

Force Pull

Anything else I should add?

"You shall not pass!"

Okay, here's an update on the new force powers.

Battle Meditation: Bastila's special mind-affecting power. Enemies are frightened and fight poorly, allies are encouraged and fight with precision.

Force Crush: Dark Side Power. Used for crushing opponents after lifting them off the ground.

Force Rage: Another stat-modifying power, this time a dark side one.

Force Sight: Lets you see through walls and see force alignment of NPCs, via auras: blue for good, red for evil, and gray for neutral.

Force Clairvoyance: Lets you see the future in the game (ie. farther ahead in the level).

Force Confusion: Allows you to turn weak-minded enemies against each other in combat.

Master Fury: Yet another Dark Side stat-modifying power.

Possible Additions:

Force Pull

Anything else I should add?

Mind Trick - Allows you sneak by enemies without being seen.

Hmmm. I wonder how the Devs are going to pull this off.... :rolleyes:

Show a random location on the current level?

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

Hmmm. I wonder how the Devs are going to pull this off.... :rolleyes:

Hm... it's more of a scripted thing...

Like you hit a trigger that checks to see if you have it, and if you do, it'll show you some cutscene elsewhere and reveal things to you that you might not otherwise know. It's more of a story related force power, like force persuasion is. At least, that's my current understanding of it. Though again, I didn't implement the force powers. :rolleyes:

-Akari

That is very interesting. Thanks Akari.

*note to self: put points into Force Clairvoyance.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Hmmm. I wonder how the Devs are going to pull this off.... :)

Like you hit a trigger that checks to see if you have it, and if you do, it'll show you some cutscene elsewhere and reveal things to you that you might not otherwise know. It's more of a story related force power, like force persuasion is. At least, that's my current understanding of it. Though again, I didn't implement the force powers. :)

-Akari

Kinda like how in Final Fantasy 9 you could see optional cutscenes elsewhere (active time events)?

Guest Michael Chu

Like you hit a trigger that checks to see if you have it, and if you do, it'll show you some cutscene elsewhere and reveal things to you that you might not otherwise know. It's more of a story related force power, like force persuasion is. At least, that's my current understanding of it. Though again, I didn't implement the force powers.  :)

-Akari

What Akari said is spot on. It will give you, throughout the course of the game, some instances where you will be able to see a danger that lies ahead, or find out about a surprise attack before it happens, enabling you to plan ahead and get that leg up on the baddies. (Or just allow you to spoil their surprise, and disappoint them when you don't jump out of your skin in terror.)

master heal

confusion

force crush

force sight

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Hmmm. I wonder how the Devs are going to pull this off.... :)

Like you hit a trigger that checks to see if you have it, and if you do, it'll show you some cutscene elsewhere and reveal things to you that you might not otherwise know. It's more of a story related force power, like force persuasion is. At least, that's my current understanding of it. Though again, I didn't implement the force powers. :)

-Akari

Sounds like something Jolee and Juhani had when they insisted on joining you at thee Rakatan temple.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy