Control Powers

Short-Term Memory Enhancement

Control and Sense Powers

Lightsaber Combat

Sense And Alter Powers

Dim Other's Senses

Control, Sense and Alter Powers

Affect Mind

Is that total right? 3 Powers for every 1 dice in a particular force area?

Appearance: Well dressed, usually in white robes of simple but ornamental value. Short (buzz cut) ashy hair. More laugh wrinkles than you might expect. Relatively handsome. Wears glasses occasionally.

A chivalrous "knight", without the excessive pride and some of the traditional "stodginess" of a Jedi. He's a little cynical about the Jedi Order, and it's hard to tell what that's all about - but he's spent the past 4 years effectively outside of the order, making pharmaceutical runs to the Outer Rim, and occasionally helping out with people's troubles planetside. His other actions have given him an eccentric reputation, and not necessarily a good one - his attempts to gamble and drink have proven quite disastrous, and quite contrary to Jedi conduct. Still, he's never one to let his skills fade, and has put all his effort into maintaining a high level of swordsmanship with the lightsaber. Most of his skill with the Force has gone into diagnosing with exceptional efficiency and controlling pain in subjects of his first aid when supplies were on their way.

He's an energetic man, and very obviously young. He's pretty blunt and straight forward most of the time, if something really depends on him, but gets really flashy and excessive when he's free of duty. Master's have been suspicious that he doesn't enjoy his work because of this behavior in the past, but that's hardly (and very obviously) not the case once you get to know him.

Goals/aspirations: Prove himself in the eyes of other's, experience/explore life, learn about all of his surroundings.

Dexterity 3 (Skills: 3d total)

lightsaber 2 (extensive training and maintenance; preparation for anything)

dodge 1 (dodging people in the crowds of hospitals and relief centers)

Strength 3 (Skills: 0d +2 total)

swimming 0d +1 (a little practice/exploration on various worlds)

climbing/jumping 0d +1 (same as above)

Perception 2 (Skills: 1d +0 total)

gambling 0d +1 (self-explanatory)

search 0d +1 (always looking around at things... even if not terribly perceptive)

investigation 0d +1 (same)

Knowledge 4 (Skills: 1d +2 total)

survival 0d +2 (years spent living in wild, travelling)

tactics 0d +1 (studying and some interest... preparation)

planetary systems 0d +1 (from travelling)

languages 0d +1 (specialization) (from being a doctor; communication)

Technical 3 (Skills: 1d +2 total)

computer programming 0d +1 (working with surgical droids as an assistant)

prosthetic repair 0d +1 (an assistant in major operations, patching up)

first aid 1d +0 (helping with first aid/shock relief)

Mechanical 3 (Skills: 1d +0 in this total)

space transports 0d +1 (running the Outer Rim)

Astrogation 0d +2 (Same as above)

Control 2 (6 skills)

Control Pain

Control Another's Pain

Hibernation

Remain Conscious

Projective Telepathy

Lightsaber Combat

Sense 2 (6 skills)

Life Detection

Life Sense

Receptive Telepathy

Projective Telepathy

Lightsaber Combat

Dim Other's Senses

Alter 1 (3 skills)

Control Another's Pain

Telekinesis

Dim Other's Senses

And I was going to do something like Force Valour/Battle Meditation - what would you classify that as? I haven't yet found any force powers like that.

The only problem is that it doesn't say what the pre-requisites are, if any. Battle Meditation looks excessively powerful - the difficult is Easy, and you can use it to turn enemies onto eachother?!? I doubt it doesn't have any pre-requisites. This seems to be the rules for someone who's really powerful in battle meditation. Enhance Coordination is comparably epic - 11-100 is easy.

Battle Meditation takes five minutes to use. If the Jedi is anywhere near the front lines, the Jedi will be killed while trying to use the power. It's useful in really large scale conflicts that take a long time to resolve. How many casualities can the enemy inflict in five minutes before the power goes off?

All difficulties for Force Powers can be modified by proximity. If you're 1,000 kilometers away from your target, it's pretty hard to effect them. The power was a KOTOR era power that was lost in the modern era. And the Sith had advantages themselves that the Jedi don't have.

Also consider this.

You want to affect a battle with a few hundred troops from a distance. Before I even modify difficulties for proximity/distance, you have to roll a 20 on Control, 20 on Sense, and 20 on Alter.

(Since I'm so generous on skills, I use the high end of the difficulties. Difficult is listed as 16-20. I usually use 20).

You'll likely need 7D in Control, 7D in Sense, and 7D in Alter. Force Powers raise slowly. That's a fairly powerful Jedi. And very few people know the power.

Also consider this.

You want to affect a battle with a few hundred troops from a distance. Before I even modify difficulties for proximity/distance, you have to roll a 20 on Control, 20 on Sense, and 20 on Alter.

(Since I'm so generous on skills, I use the high end of the difficulties. Difficult is listed as 16-20. I usually use 20).

You'll likely need 7D in Control, 7D in Sense, and 7D in Alter. Force Powers raise slowly. That's a fairly powerful Jedi. And very few people know the power.

Oh, so for Control and Sense powers, you roll for control then roll for sense and have to succeed at both?

Yeppers. You'll notice that certain powers list a Control diff, and then a Sense diff. Some powers like Lightsaber Combat (it's been a few years, but i think...) have a Moderate and a Moderate diff. That's simple. Other powers may have a Very Easy diff on one roll, and Difficult on the other.

I'm not exactly certain what all the dice and the rolling means.

You have 4 dice in a skill. What does that mean? What does it mean when you say the lightsaber does 5d damage? Since this is d6, are we rolling 5d6 damage? Do we have hitpoints in this? How is a character damaged by a weapon? How are such things as the state of, "mortally wounded" determined? What do the difficulties mean, fundamentally, as far as difficulty checks go?

All dice in this game are 6 sided dice. So 4d means you get to roll 4d6 when ever you roll that attribute or skill.

A saber does 5d of damage base. So, you roll 5d and get 18, let's say. There are no hitpoints. You roll your strength rating to resist damage. (You can augment the roll with character points if need be, but you lose the character points).

For every four points a damage roll beats a soak roll, a wound is applied.

Wounded. You had a -1D penalty to all skill and attribute rolls until you are healed. A wounded character who's wounded a second time is wounded twice.

Wounded Twice. A character who's wounded twice falls prone and can take no actions for the rest of the round. The character suffers a penalty of -2D to all skill and attribute rolls until he is healed. A wounded twice character who is wounded again is incapacitated.

Mortally Wounded. A character making a Moderate first aid total can "stabilize" a mortally wounded character. The charac is still mortally wounded but will survive is a medpac or bacta tank is used on him within one hour (Moderate first aid total); otherwise, he dies.

Stun Damage. Weapons set for stun roll damage normally, but treat any result more serious than "stunned" as "unconscious for 2D minutes."

You can get four wounds in four seperate rounds, or all in one round if the damage roll is high enough.

By the way, I found that West End Games still has a website. They came out of bankruptcy apparently, though they don't carry Star Wars stuff anymore. However, they have stuff on their website explaining D6 Classic, which is basically the ruleset.

http://www.westendgames.com/html/d6sospar.html

Dexterity 3 (Skills: 3d total)

lightsaber 2 (extensive training and maintenance; preparation for anything)

dodge 1 (dodging people in the crowds of hospitals and relief centers)

Just want to point out something here, as I am not sure you're understanding this correctly. If you have 3D in Dexterity, any dice add you add to skills, goes on top of that.

Like so...

Dexterity 3D

Lightsaber 5D (Base 3D + 2D)

Dodge 4D (Base 3D + 1D)

So when you're using your Lightsaber, you roll 5 six-sided dice to beat the difficulty number. When you trying to dodge an attack, you roll 4 six-sided dice in order to beat the difficulty number. When you trying to do anything Dexterity related, but don't have the correct skill for it, or you have the correct skill, but haven't improved it any, you roll 3 six-sided dice in order to beat the difficulty number.

This works the same for all other skill and attributes.

Did I clear up everything? Or just it make it more obscure? :blink:

No, I knew that much.

We'll be using the "classic" system of difficulty, right?

EDIT: Nevermind, you already told me...

Okay, then. It just that the way you wrote your character seemed a bit stange. But, if you understand, thats fine then.

I was going to go with Goido, but I really can't think of a good last name that fits the character.

Is Lance Spacer hard to see as just a name?

A little. Spacer is an occupation in Star Wars. Basically someone works on a ship, or spends the majority of his time in space is a spacer. How about Spencer? Lant Spencer? :shrug:

Have you tried KOTOR's name generator? There's probabtly some name generators on the web somewhere, though I haven't looked.