KOTOR2 Story Ideas!

It is likely too late, as I am willing to bet that the story is done, and preproduction has begun, but maybe there are some things here the developers can use for the story if they need to tweak? Keep in mind, this is going to be in the future, with little to no new characters returning.

Anyway, my thought is this: Why not, in a sense, KOTOR in reverse?

Make the main character a descendant of Bastilla and Revan. It adds something to the game to see that, plus it ties up some loose end feelings with Revan and Bastilla.

From the beginning, you should be able to choose your alignment in the game, and the maps you play, although in the same order, will have very different looks if you choose one way or the other, and it affects the story. If you select dark side, the Sith overthrew the republic in Revan's time, and Revan and Bastilla became sith. Thus the worlds tend to look more war-torn, run down, and militarized.

If you choose light, then the Republic won, Revan and Bastilla are good, and everything looks as it did in KOTOR 1. Thus, it gives different atmospheres.

Now, as with KOTOR, your character should be able to change himself during the game, so he can end up dark or light. This means, based on the side of the force you choose, you have 1 of 4 paths: Dark -> Dark, Dark -> Light, Light -> Dark, Light -> Light. Obviously there will only be a light or a dark ending, but going from Light to dark makes you the conqueror of the galaxy, while being dark the whole time means you maintain and saved the Sith Empire. Likewise, going Light to light means you saved the Republic, but going dark to light means you have redeemed yourself and restored the republic.

So in that manner, the choices are vast, and that does not include character side quests and possible love interests in the game (which were fun for me).

Also, something I would like to see is the return of 1 character from the original - and I think it could work: Bring back HK-47. Same voice actor, everything.

How it could work is this - HK-47 has stayed with the family line of Bastila and Revan, and thus is now in your property. But, he is back down to minimal functions and minimal armor. Why? Because he has been programmed by Revan himself, upon the birth of their first child (hint here), that Revan programmed the droid that whenever it takes on a new master - one of Revan's lineage - that it should shut down all features except the most essential, because Revan wants his offspring to learn to handle themselves and be independant, not to rely on a droid to do all their fighting for them. This works for either Jedi or Sith choice.

Finally, the big twist. The main plot of the story could be you trying to put down an uprising, led by a supposed Jedi. Again, works from either side - if you are light, he starts dark, and if you are dark, he starts light. Also, during the course of the game, you can turn the leader or kill him, thus also impacting the story. So, it goes, he kills you - story ends, you kill him - uprising is mostly squashed, you turn - you join sides with him, you turn him - he joins sides with you. Now, the shock - you are led to believe that you are the only descendant of Revan throughout the game - you got HK-47 after all, right? Wrong. HK-47 goes to the firstborn. This main archnemesis you fight is your cousin, a descendant of the second-born of Revan and Bastilla, and harbors a grudge which, until this is revealed, you have no idea why. He is jealous that your line, being of the first-born of Revan, got all the notice and respect and so on, and his is not even known. So you got jealousy, anger, pride - all good things that can make the game go either way.

Of course, that is halfway through the game - what it comes to find out is that someone has been pulling the strings of your young cousin, and depending on which side of the force you choose, the person behind the scenes either wants the sith empire for himself, or is the latest Sith who wants to create his own empire.

So you see, with this way, the stories told have lots of outcomes, and this could potentially have a TON of replay value.

So, thoughts? And what are some of your ideas?

Star Wars never had 2nd ed rules, first Star Wars RPG used a d6 system.

The current (and second) Star Wars RPG uses the d20 system but its not D&D3.5 since many aspects of D&D do not apply to the Star Wars universe, BioWare making Force Powers=Spells was a major departure of the Star Wars Universe but at least I realize they tried to implement a skill system for Force Powers and understand they must had no choice.

As for the story .... well lets say its not the first time I seen people making the same ideas for a sequel and that never happens.

Why?

Simply because that is not one game, its three/four games and would take longer that Duke Nuken Forever to make such game.

And, of couse, the basis of that story revolves around KotOR having a "official" Revan that is male and had a romance with Bastila, with simply throws away most of the non lineary choices we had in KotOR.

drakron.png

I want to actually chop someone into bits with a lightsaber, and have blasters that do more than tickle, and some alien sex.

The story is the least imprtant part.

Let's keep the T&A in FanTAsy

***Posting delayed, user on moderator review***

Why Bio Why?

Less Jedi stuff. Really. Come up with an original story, sure thats fun, but really, please, let me play something else than a Jedi.. :p

"The purpose of abstracting is not to be vague,

but to create a new semantic level in which one

can be absolutely precise."

-Edsger Dijkstra, 1930-2002

LARGEST SIG WINS !?

I love threads like this!

It should have Jabba under the employ of the emperor as he tries to subjugate a planet of yoda clones. You have to play Lando after he is kidnapped and finds himself captive in a garbage chute on a star destroyer. You should be able to hijack the destroyer if you can escape and then jettison the crew. You have to trade robots between star systems to amass enough of a fortune to bribe Jabba's partner to sell him out.

Doubtful someone will use Star Wars d20 rules.

The issue is that Star Wars d20 rules are not OGL and as Star Wars license belongs to LucasArts, Star Wars d20 rules belong to WotC.

So in order to use such rules WotC have to recive royalties and that is just money throw into the street since most of their rules is dificult to implement on a CRPG and what can be implement can be done just by using the general d20 license with some modifications.

drakron.png

And, of couse, the basis of that story revolves around KotOR having a "official" Revan that is male and had a romance with Bastila, with simply throws away most of the non lineary choices we had in KotOR.

Wouldn't be the first time done in a video game. Refer to my statement about Jedi Knight. Also, in Street Fighter, Ryu won the rist tournament, Guile the second, and in the Alpha series, it was mostly plotlines that intertwined, but none of the Bison meetings happened. In other words, you had a ton of stuff that was thrown out game to game, and had concrete decisions made, and still, the followups continues to be fun.

So what if it tosses away the Carth - Revan romance? If the game and story is good, people will be over it in the first 5 minutes.

Because this is not a arcade fighting game or a FPS?

Really, we are given the option of making a character as we see fit and allowed to develop it as we want to.

This is not Final Fantasy were we are stuck in one path and with one character, your idea resolves around saying to everyone that played the game that all their options are invalid, that their characer is irrelevent because later they will decide what happened and that is the WORST thing that can be done on a open CRPG.

Really go check HotU forum about what BioWare did with Aribeth, a lot of people were anoyed by the fact what they did in NwN OC was irrelevent.

Take away people choices (does not matter if its after the fact) and it becames a interactive book.

drakron.png

Look, it takes nothing away from the first game. This is going to be so far down in the future that its not going to matter anyway.

I mean come on - a little checkbox at the beginning of the game that says "check here if you want your ancestors to be bastilla and revan" or "check here if you want your ancestors to be Carth and Revan" is plain STUPID, and it would have no effect on the story I put forth whatsoever. Its a MEANINGLESS MECHANISM. Therefore, its better to pick the more powerful coupling of Bastilla and Revan, to make it sound more dominant.

Its not like we are messing with canon here - you would get as much freedom in my storyline as you did in KOTOR 1 - moreso actually. You are crying over a damn checkbox.

It's not like KOTOR gave us a huge freedom. I mean, despite thef act you can be dark/light and complete the quests for the Star Map in a different order, it'S still the same thing.

Really, we are given the option of making a character as we see fit and allowed to develop it as we want to.

This is not Final Fantasy were we are stuck in one path and with one character...

Did you actually play the Final Fantasy games? You can developp your characters like you want, that's the whole point of materias in FF7, and it's even more specialized in FF8. Same with old FFs, in different ways. IMNHO KOTOR is as linear as any FF, altho not as bad as NWN. There is only some fake illusion of non-linearity.

Don't misread me, KOTOR is still a very good game and extremeley fun, the complete opposite of NWN.

w3rd, comrads.

Btw it might be interesting if a Dark sider notices his/her appearance deteriorating and is concerned enough to seek ways to prevent the progression or reverse it.

Also an interesting theme for the game (same like paying for past sins was in Torment and the suffering of companions) could be "how many lives/sacrifices are too many for a future/objective worth fighting for".

Spreading beauty with my katana.