Pazaak Blows

That is so wrong. I just don't like Paazak

No...you don't like any minigames.

I have read books that have had combat. COmbat can advance plot and character development very easily.

Not very plausible with a CRPG however. Even the most story based CRPGs still have combat (or at least force you to try to avoid combat).

I have read books that have had combat. COmbat can advance plot and character development very easily.

Really? What makes combat different from minigames, aside from their being a lot of it?

If combat can advance the plot and character development, so can mini games.

I find minigame to advance things less usually as they are optional. Then again, I don't hate Pazaak like eveyone else seems to. I still think if anyone has extra time, Sabaac would be nice. Pazaak gets pretty boring pretty fast but is a nice occasional change of pace from the game. I think that the minigames should be slightly more numerous and extensive. THe dueling arena was nice, but kinda short. The spaceship gunning was really easy and pointless, but also a nice change of pace. My main gripe with the ship game is that the enemies start clustered so when it starts click the mouse really fast and 9/10ths die. Swoop racing was kind of nice but I hated the random tatooine lag that violated my speedy computer and made the course impossible. I would like maybe a more fun, extensive, side game that is very difficult that offers serious rewards and takes many hours to beat. Sorta of like Blitzball, which can be fun, a game in and of itself, can be played alot of time without getting more of the same always (not like pazaak), offers improvement (btw getting the upgrades in the swoop bikes that were mentioned the whole game would be nice), and has big rewards and storyline roots and influence. I can't think of a suitable type of minigame right now, but I am confident the KOTOR 2 team could do it if they applied themselves.

Pazaak was fun. By far the best of the three mini games and I think Pazaak was always optional as well, unlike the others. I spent quite a bit of time beating the NPCs at it until they give up playing anymore against me. :D

It's entirely optional, so you can just not play it if you don't want to. I never played it in the first KotOR. Nor did I ever play FF9's card game up until they forced you to win those couple rounds at a tournament. It was then that I dug up a FAQ to figure out how that thing was supposed to work. :lol:

In any case, the player will alternate with the computer when it comes to going first, so it's not so unfair now. ;)

-Akari

As this was my post initially, I think another response is warranted. I'm glad to hear that the game will actually alternate between player and computer. That being the case I don't mind it as much. I also think getting something cool by beating a totally optional tournament is not a terrible idea.

Anyhoo, glad to hear it's fixed.

A Pazaak tournement?  Od dear gods, why?  This is supposed to be a CRPG not a Yugi-oh wannabe.

Revan: Alright! I will now use Blue-Eyes White Dragon in attack mode!

Revan: Now go! Attack Malak's Life Points directly!

Malak: Argh!

;)

Why does eveyone hate pazaak this much? I thought it was kind of fun as a change of pace from the normal game, easy to learn, fun to play for just one or two rounds at at time, and a nice way to make money. And it's optional.

A Pazaak tournement? Od dear gods, why? This is supposed to be a CRPG not a Yugi-oh wannabe.

Maybe because it'd add to the atmosphere? The rest of the universe isn't supposed to exist just to provide your character with a quest to solve. Pazaak seems to be a popular game, so its natural that there would be tournaments and such for it, like there was for the racing.

I can't understand people who insist on removing optional features. Its like a child throwing a tantrum. "Mommy! I don't like this toy but NOONE MUST EVERY PLAY WITH IT"

Finally other people start saying what I've been saying: how does it hurt to have pazaak. It can be kind of fun (ok, not that much and not for long periods of time or even medium periods), but it's a change of pace to stop KOTOR itself from getting boring.

And since it hasn't been asked yet, and people want it in conversations even, can we add force choke to our pazaak games? :D

Even better would be Force Persuade so you can force the opposing player to throw the match.

:D