Farenheit 911

Darth Jebus

Unjust as it might sound tell that to the victims of Israeli attacks such as that.

Okay. Hey, dismembered and dead Palestinians! You have no just imperative to demand punishment beyond the scope of the crime.

You think they heard me?

No comment on the differences between murder and manslaughter?

I honestly hope your artistic levels far exceeds your maturity level.

You write some moronic crap yourself and claim to quote me? That's not taking something out of context, that's forgery. No facts, no arguments, no nothing except lies. Great job.

Dude, I didn't write that myself. I took your exact words... out of context.

I was thinking that I could, just like Michael Moore; whip up something that would make Quinton Terrintino cry like he plays with dolls.

And, unfortunately for Obsidian Entertainment, my artistic skills are far below my maturity level, which is probably that of about a 7 month old fetus. "But I'm trying real hard Ringo!" Lucky for me Feargus will never fire me regardless of my talent. I happen to have some very interesting pictures from an IPlay Christmas Party that he doesn't want to get out.

Manslaughter or murder, the result is the same.

And? You realize they are different, don't you? They are not comparable crimes.

Palestinians have every right to seek vengence for the Israeli attacks and kill as many of them as possible due to the attacks the Isrelis made against them and vice versa.

No, neither of them have the right to do so.

One man's justice is another man's vengence.

If a man kills another man, does his friend have the right to justice or vengence. The killer has forfeit his life because he has killed. The friend can either let the "justice" system do its work, or he can take justice in his own hands for he saw him do it. Killing the killer would be just and would fullfil the need for vengence, but then the Killer's friend now wnats justice as well and soon it becomes an unyeliding slaughter where justice and vengence is blurred into one entity. It is everyman's right to vengence and justice.

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" - Mahatma Gandhi

Someone has to break the circle of violence, but it will take an entire generation to do so. The hatred is inherited.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I honestly hope your artistic levels far exceeds your maturity level.

You write some moronic crap yourself and claim to quote me? That's not taking something out of context, that's forgery. No facts, no arguments, no nothing except lies. Great job.

Dude, I didn't write that myself. I took your exact words... out of context.

I was thinking that I could, just like Michael Moore; whip up something that would make Quinton Terrintino cry like he plays with dolls.

And, unfortunately for Obsidian Entertainment, my artistic skills are far below my maturity level, which is probably that of about a 7 month old fetus. "But I'm trying real hard Ringo!" Lucky for me Feargus will never fire me regardless of my talent. I happen to have some very interesting pictures from an IPlay Christmas Party that he doesn't want to get out.

You are a smart man Dennis...

Slightly Off Topic on the Way-Off Topic Board: Fahrenheit 451 is in production and is scheduled for a 2005 release, so cross your fingers...

If a man kills another man, does his friend have the right to justice or vengence.

In this case, the friend has neither. The dead man, however, has a right to justice.

Justice and vengence is for the living, not for the dead. THe dead are just that, dead.

Slightly Off Topic on the Way-Off Topic Board: Fahrenheit 451 is in production and is scheduled for a 2005 release, so cross your fingers...

I had heard rumour that a new movie was being made of the book. I hope it's good, I love the book.

Do you know who's involved with the film? Director, screenwriter, actors etc?

newlogo.gif

Man, there seems to be alot of anti-Isreal sentiment on this board. I personally think that both sides are partly to blame. But it seems like war was brought to Isreal in 1967. And the majority of Arab nations refused to recognize the Jewish state. AFter the war, when the Israelis occupied the lands it won in the war, the world painted the Jews as the aggresors. How does that work.

My biggest problem with Israel today is Darth Sharon. While the Israelis have a rite to self-defense, attacking Palestinian camps and apartment complexes will only perpetuate the cycle of violence and won't solve anything. Ehud Barak was actually willing to negotiate with Arafat. But after the intifada started (which some say was started by Sharon's visit to the Temple Mount), the voters ran Barak out of town. This may have been a mortal wound to the so-called Road Map.

As for the Palestinians, there is no justification for terrorism. Period. I don't care whose doing it. Israel, the US, Muslims, Christians...I don't care. And the sheer objective for terrorism is to provoke a military response from Israel, which Sharon is all-too-willing to engage in. This will also bring international condemnation, and serve as a recruiting tool for more terrorists.

However, the targeted killings of Hamas leaders is something I support wholeheartedly. I DON'T support bulldozing Palestinian homes.

I agree that Sharon is a big part of the problem. He seems to revel in the violence and I haven't seen anything but lip service from him in regards to pursuing peace.

The bulldozing of Palestinian homes and tank rampages was nauseating, and it came right after the US essentially "approved" of Isreal to do what needed to be done.

Sharon definately has some sort of guardian spirit though (named George Bush perhaps :rolleyes: ), having avoided assassination and conspiracy charges recently.

newlogo.gif

I had heard rumour that a new movie was being made of the book. I hope it's good, I love the book.

I loved the book too...anyway, it's being directed by Frank Darabont, three time Oscar nominee, no word on the actors, it's in production which means it's subject to change or could be removed completely, and that's what I know at this point...but hopefully it's better than the '66 version because the technology we have at our disposal at this point in time, not saying of course to take the special effects over the storyline...

Justice and vengence is for the living, not for the dead.

f***, I guess there's nothing wrong with killing lonely octogenarians and orphans then. Do you base the entirety of your philosphies on platitudes?

Here's one for you:

There's no place for vengeance in a just society.

Darth Sharon.

Ha, good description.

Try here.

Quoth Wheelman:

"I loved the book too...anyway, it's being directed by Frank Darabont, three time Oscar nominee, no word on the actors, it's in production which means it's subject to change or could be removed completely, and that's what I know at this point...but hopefully it's better than the '66 version because the technology we have at our disposal at this point in time, not saying of course to take the special effects over the storyline... "

I really worry about sci-fi book adaptations these days, as nothing recent has been any good. They're all action and effects and little of the original stories remaining.

newlogo.gif