Anime and Manga - How do you Live? Edition

Bartimaeus

1 hour ago, Bartimaeus said:

Truly my favorite part of Rebuild:

mpc-hc64_u3WR2N8ss4.png?rlkey=cg1az40j43

I think that ultimately my favorite part is the extended Shinji depression (and re-entry into the world) in the last movie, because it's probably a better illustration of how coping with grief looks and feels like than going to HIP therapy or turning the world into orange liquid.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

(The joke was that this "scene" is part of the preview for the next episode, but what they thought was going to be in the next Rebuild film kept wildly changing so all the stuff that appeared in those previews never actually happened, so that picture is just nonsense.)

IIRC, @majestic's favorite bit was the tea party(?) Rei threw in the second Rebuild film, while my favorite bit...was when it was over. Okay, not including that, and not including the funny misleading/erroneous previews, my favorite part was when they were all just chilling in that post-apocalypse village in...I think the fourth film - it didn't even feel like I was really watching Evangelion during that section, which was a welcome reprieve from everything before and after. Just a sudden departure to a totally different tone and style, no yelling and screaming or seizure-inducing animation. So my favorite part might also be your favorite part based on what you said, though I'm not 100% sure because I'm not sure if that section happened in the third or the fourth movie.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I seem to have a thing for tea parties, huh? The tea party in Noir was my favorite bit of the series too.

6 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

my favorite part was when they were all just chilling in that post-apocalypse village in...I think the fourth film - it didn't even feel like I was really watching Evangelion during that section, which was a welcome reprieve from everything before and after.

That was a really good scene, at least until Rei just dissolved into goo to drive home a point which retroactively ruined it for me.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Watched the NieR Automata anime. Actually wasn't that bad, but at some point the story got so confusing, I kinda checked out.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Well, it's a lot less sexual than I expected it to be. Of course they can't help themselves and have to add a bunch of scenes where the camera slips under the skirt. Also beach episode, because yes.

Still think it could be a lot worse.

Note: I never played the game(s) and know nothing more about it. Was lol when they explained the blindfolds are actually "special visors" ... yeah, right.

Story is pretty generic 2010-ish, I guess.

At some point of course there will be zombies, then good and bad is flipped, etc. etc. same same.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

8 hours ago, majestic said:

That was a really good scene, at least until Rei just dissolved into goo to drive home a point which retroactively ruined it for me.

The key with Rebuild is to just repress your traumatic memories: that way, you'll remember...maybe only 5% of it.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Hmmm 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

2 hours ago, Lexx said:

Note: I never played the game(s) and know nothing more about it.

The game has an achievement that triggers if you look up 2B's skirt by creative camera movement. It is not enough to just do it once. They don't want the achievement to trigger on accident. :yes: 

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.