What are you Playing Now? - What doesn't kill you, gives you XP

I have some huge news....I  have decided to play King Arthur Wargame as my next game 

Its an RPG\RTS game and I never play RTS because I always found the AI ends up cheating and I end up losing key battles and I would rage quit . Which is why the last RTS I played was about 12 years ago 

Anyway I have done some research on tips for this game and I  will provide feedback 

• Haha 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

3 hours ago, BruceVC said:

I have some huge news....I  have decided to play King Arthur Wargame as my next game 

Its an RPG\RTS game and I never play RTS because I always found the AI ends up cheating and I end up losing key battles and I would rage quit . Which is why the last RTS I played was about 12 years ago 

Anyway I have done some research on tips for this game and I  will provide feedback 

Are you playing the first game?

It is arguably the best in the series, but at some point you may want to drop the difficulty significantly. Just as your weapons pass through ethereal opponents, so does the fun factor ;)

That said, I really enjoyed the first game, even though for one reason or another I never finished it.

The second game takes a lot of what makes the first game fun and removes that. It had a fun stand alone prologue where you play the last Romans left behind, but it doesn't affect the main campaign, which is a shame.

The third game is turn based tactical RPG battles with a party of four, so may be most to your liking. It isn't bad. I forgot to play the dlc. It is on my to do list.

• Thanks 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

15 minutes ago, melkathi said:

Are you playing the first game?

It is arguably the best in the series, but at some point you may want to drop the difficulty significantly. Just as your weapons pass through ethereal opponents, so does the fun factor ;)

That said, I really enjoyed the first game, even though for one reason or another I never finished it.

The second game tes aYkes a lot of what makes the first game fun and removes that. It had a fun stand alone prologue where you play the last Romans left behind, but it doesn't affect the main campaign, which is a shame.

The third game is turn based tactical RPG battles with a party of four, so may be most to your liking. It isn't bad. I forgot to play the dlc. It is on my to do list.

Yes its KA1, what other difficulty recommendations or general tips  do you suggest? Because I want to avoid playing for 40 hours and then the AI starts cheating and I cant win any battles ;)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Some missions may be timed. (When you search for some hermit/sage/whatever in the magic forest for example)

Check mission descriptions for hints of urgency.

You unlock more knights as you progress and can get some very unique choices based on your alignment. So if you aren't certain you want to keep a knight, don't invest too much in them if you are just going to fire them later.

For example if you plan an old faith playthrough, that rightful Christian you can get early on may not be someone you want. On the other way, you have ways of affecting a knight's alignment (for example marrying them off to the right woman). There is no divorce, but there are a lot of ladies in waiting, so don't marry off your knights without getting a good benefit from it.

And obviously, choose at least one axis on the alignment chart and stick to it.

• Thanks 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Goal nr. 7/2023 😛

After two years long break after my PC upgrade, I have finally found mood to try another attempt at the Zero Seed mission on Hard Difficulty in my GOG copy of Druidstone The Secret of the Menhir Forest, which I was still missing for 100% completion of the game. To my surprise even after some moves, which I have messed up, I was able to finish it on first try, and defeated the final boss with one of her minions under Oiko's mind control 😄 .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Elden Ring. Ran through the Haligtree without much exploration (I had all equipment I needed*), which was mostly enjoyable and I was shot by a not-Asylum-Demon only once. Loretta and Malenia's first form went down surprisingly quickly. Malenia's second form did not and the subsequent attempts were less successful, so I left her be for now and focused on the remaining shardbearers. I also discovered that there were 12 flask upgrades, while I had only 4 collected, which explained the healing feeling underwhelming. So, I looked up the locations and gathered the remaining Sacred Tears. Thus, after defeating Mogh and slashing the thing in the egg (without results), only the Volcano Manor, Malenia, and the final boss are left (not sure if I can reach the Leyndell sewers at this point or if I want to explore sewers in general).
*in general, speedrunning through the areas seems somehow more fun.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hawke64 said:

So, I looked up the locations and gathered the remaining Sacred Tears. Thus, after defeating Mogh and slashing the thing in the egg (without results), only the Volcano Manor, Malenia, and the final boss are left (not sure if I can reach the Leyndell sewers at this point or if I want to explore sewers in general).

Interesting order of doing things.

You can still access Leyndell’s sewers.

• Thanks 1

On 8/2/2023 at 11:20 PM, Wormerine said:

Interesting order of doing things.

You can still access Leyndell’s sewers.

Thank you for the information.

I had thought that the Haligtree would be closer to the main path and not require 2 obscure items and a "puzzle". Which is closer to a DLC area requirements (DS1 and DS2) than a normal secret area.
Speaking of. Found and defeated Rykard and spent about an hour on Malenia. A sword&board PC does not work well against the boss, considering the regeneration on blocked hits. The Assassin Spirit, on the other hand, was quite effective. Will try again later.

Edit. Played with Saints Row 2 character creator. It is still one of the best, which is ironic, considering that it was not an RPG.

Edited by Hawke64

1 hour ago, Hawke64 said:

I had thought that the Haligtree would be closer to the main path and not require 2 obscure items and a "puzzle". Which is closer to a DLC area requirements (DS1 and DS2) than a normal secret area.
Speaking of. Found and defeated Rykard and spent about an hour on Malenia. A sword&board PC does not work well against the boss, considering the regeneration on blocked hits.

Nah, Haligtree is the most late gamey dungeon of ER.

Well done with Malenia. She took me hours and multiple evenings to beat, and in the end I still looked the guides. I couldn’t figure out a way to deal with her triple AOE attack, and later I lost patience with her 2nd phase clone attack. I was definitely annoyed by her design. I think if we could spawn her in a training room, and run some of the attacks over and over it would be fine - but going against her time after time, only to die to her special attack, and not quite know what I should try to do the next time really annoyed me. 
Interestingly, for me she was the boss I levelled up and equipped a shield for. My usual dual weilding katanas we’re a bit too slow for her, and getting hit was too costly. 

Edited by Wormerine

Thank you, but I haven't defeated Malenia yet, just ran out of time yesterday.
The Assassin could reliably get the boss to the second phase if I kept the spirit alive, but not much farther. The fully-upgraded tower shield and moving backwards mostly protected from Vergil's move (not sure how it's called, Waterflow Dance?) if I had enough stamina, while running under the boss protected from the Scarlet Rot Flower jump.
So I am going to look up the guides, try to level up more, and try again.

On another note, the only other DS boss with similarly aggressive regeneration was Lud/Zallen from DS2 - the surviving tiger went berserk after the first one was defeated. Though, the tigers also were perfectly beatable solo - the bosses' HP boost from the summons and their general inability to survive long enough made them harmful.

Edited by Hawke64
  • Thanks 1

Playing Born Punk, was cheap so decided to waste money on it.  Decent enough game, is a modern one so isn't hard although I did get stuck on a musical puzle (because those are fun) and apparently there's a maze later which is disappointing.  The android that talks like some white gangsta rap listener was grating, but I think I've left that character behind in the plot for now

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Apparently I have played 5 hours of Star Trek. Having replayed a few scenes because of 1 bug (I could have ignored), not being a good shot, and wanting to check if I really had succeeded clicking W in time, my play time may be closer to 4,5 hours.

I am not a big fan of Carter, as he has a goofy smile. It feels as if someone's cat jumped onto the desk while they were adjusting the mouth slider.

The story is good Star Trek fun though.

The mini games are often more there to have you interact and not just watch an animated movie. There seem to be some key choices that matter though.

Looking forward to playing more tomorrow.

Edited by melkathi

Well, that was short. Finished Born Punk and got the middle ending - not sure how I could get the good ending, I guess I need to suck up to the sociopathic AI more.  Decent enough game, but definitely don't spend more than $10 on it.

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Just finished a full ck3 play...  867-1455(or whatever it is)  last 150 years I did barely anything, just wanted that achievement.

I'm actually looking forward to starfield now.  I've never loved Bethesda games, but I've been playing all strategy and turn based stuff recently.   Will be nice to casually explore and shoot without having to use too much of my limited brain power.

• Like 1

I have started Deep Sky Derelicts today, which I got last time as a free game from GOG giveaway, and purchased both the DLCs. So far having fun, despite being asskicked once 😛 We'll see how this will go, as roguelites and card-based games are both not exactly my cup of tea 😛

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Deep Sky Derelicts is quite fun.

I played it a long while ago.

Everyone ignored the screenshots...

I found that after a while it felt more like a lite RPG than a rogue like, being long enough to not feel like a game where you were supposed to have died countless times already to create replayability.

• Like 2

On 8/2/2023 at 1:08 PM, melkathi said:

And just so you know, for lesbian faery-human relationships you have to go full old faith :p

I about 20 hours into KA1 and Im having lots of fun, I am getting more and more comfortable with battles and effective strategy which includes using my cavalry and heroes effectively 

I am also going to follow the Old Faith, much hotter women like you recommended :wub:

Edited by BruceVC
  • Haha 1

John Milton 

Replaying Born Punk the game does go up a bit in my opinion for having a couple of different ways to solve the problems, will give them that.   Still wouldn't pay more than $10 though. Maybe $11.

Plodding along in D4 seasons, hit WT3 finally, now can do the tedious renown grind again ! :lol:

• Like 1

I'm playing Remnant 2. It's really ****ing good. It's also hard... Well, it's probably a combination of the game being challenging and me sucking at shooters. It's a testament to how well made and fun the game is that I'm still itching to continue playing even as I've died more times than I can count. A lot of my deaths come from getting overwhelmed. It's taken me a while to get used to how slow and cumbersome my character feels to move. That's not necessarily a negative, it's a deliberate design decision that just took me a while to come to grips with. I think what threw me off the most was the sprint. I don't know why it even exists. Sprinting is maybe 10% faster than my normal move speed. What's even the point? I kept trying to sprint to put distance between myself and groups of enemies, but it's just way too slow to be useful. It's a waste of stamina more than anything else. With that in mind, it's more important than in most games to proceed carefully and slowly to try to prevent getting surrounded. The good news is that the gunplay is fantastic. The guns sound and feel properly meaty, there's great feedback, stagger effects; it just feels really good to shoot guns in Remnant 2, which is important since that's what you're going to be doing the majority of the time. Also the game looks quite pretty. I believe this is one of the first UE5 games besides Fortnite. There are times that the game does look like a budget title, mainly in Ward 13, the hub town. Everything looks high res and sharp, but it feels like there are some effects missing in Ward 13, like some depth of field to soften far away objects and/or things on the periphery of vision. Conversely, the dungeons, at least the parts I've been in so far, look fantastic, right up there with the best AAA has to offer, with no shortage of volumetric fog, particle effects, ambient occlusion, etc.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I got my second class in Remnant 2. I started as a Hunter and my second class is Handler; holy **** what a night and day difference the Handler's dog makes. Life is so much easier when you have a tank. I kind of wish I had figured out what to do to unlock my second class and invested in it earlier. I wonder if the early game would have been easier had I started a Handler, that dog tanking makes a big difference, but on the other hand, I wouldn't be doing nearly as much damage myself since I wouldn't have had the Hunter's ranged damage and weakspot damage boosts. Regardless, I have the dog to tank for me now and it helps so much. What I want to be doing is shooting enemies in the face, or whatever glowy bit is the obvious weakspot from far away. That's so much easier accomplished when my dog is pulling a good chunk of the aggro. i feel like I'm a fair bit of the way through Yaesha. I've killed 2 bosses so far, Mother Mind and the Root Nexus. Surviving the last wave (the Root Nexus doesn't attack you itself, it instead spawns adds) was rough, I lost count how many times I died before I finally felled that tree.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Tried Stray Gods (a musical visual novel). It looks and sounds very good, the controls are fully rebindable, and 5-button mice are supported, though I have encountered a rather unpleasant bug - on the second launch of the game, the save were wiped. Happened only once and when I specifically was testing whether this bug was present, but one should be careful and backup the save files.