20th Anniversary Forum Event: Top 3 Dev Questions

Fionavar

19 minutes ago, Sarex said:

I don't think it's even (only) that. What memes can you even make with their offered "themes". They should have left it open and the mods could have done the pruning if needed.

When I saw that the only meme I had in mind was something about balance and Sawyer, but it seems like Obsidian is going more for references to their games rather than references to Obsidian/it's notable staff.

• Haha 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

8 hours ago, Sarex said:

I don't think it's even (only) that. What memes can you even make with their offered "themes". They should have left it open and the mods could have done the pruning if needed.

Yeah, I initially wrote the question in a much different manner, but I decided it'd be best to be as least toxic/snippy as possible. You know, in the hopes that it gets answered! :yes: :p

Making an actually funny/clever meme would've been difficult enough even before you constrained it to such a basic/cookie-cutter template, so that surely did not help. I could see maybe children/young teens who are excited for upcoming games deciding to do some in that vein, but the fact that literally nobody has kind of ties in to my question of us just being too old for this silliness.

Edited by Bartimaeus
told -> too
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

1 hour ago, Bartimaeus said:

I could see maybe children/young teens who are excited for upcoming games

I think they picked the wrong...excuse the pun...forum for that. I doubt anyone of that age is hanging out in forums.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

I find that there is a "music video" effect to many of your recent trailers (the obvious musical one for Murder on Eridanos, the launch trailer for Pentiment, the recent trailer for Avowed), is that the effect researched ?

Is there someone in particular at Obsidian who pushes for the one-word titles on your most recent titles ?

How large is your QA department ? Do you have to regularly make it bigger depending on the state of your projects ?

I've seen that there is someone who's head of XBox research for Obsidian. How do the developers work with that person and their team ? What are the kind of things that Obsidian can ask them/they bring to Obsidian ?

Edited by Sannom

which is better: cake or pie?

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Ha. This is easy. Top question for  Obsidian is    When will you make  Fallout New Vegas 2?

PS.  See, someone already posted it .

Ok, so  second best question is :   Will Tim Cain or Josh Sawyer be game director for New Vegas 2?

Edited by Ogi79

1) Your combination of 2D backgrounds and 3D models for the PoE games is brilliant. Were there unexpected challenges in marrying them together? Regardless, please apply those techniques to future games because the results speak for themselves.

2) ~5 years later, how are things going with Microsoft? Are they supportive without interfering too much? I truly hope they allow you all to do what you do best.

Edited by Helz

On 6/26/2023 at 4:34 PM, Sarex said:

Agreed. Whoever names the threads here is a better writer than any dev at Obsidian.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

On 7/7/2023 at 8:45 AM, Ogi79 said:

Ha. This is easy. Top question for  Obsidian is    When will you make  Fallout New Vegas 2?

PS.  See, someone already posted it .

Ok, so  second best question is :   Will Tim Cain or Josh Sawyer be game director for New Vegas 2?

Going by Tim Caines youtube channel, he never wants to be a project lead again.

nowt

• Fionavar locked this topic
  • 2 weeks later...