I'm hoping....

No, the world doesn't *need* any game. That is just blatantly untrue. Another PST game would be nice; but is most certainly not needed.

I guess you don't like PS:T in the way I do, then. Need is always relative. We don't need food. Only if our goal is to live do we need food. We don't need to avoid having our limbs sawn off - only if our goal is to keep limbs in tact. We don't need money, only if we want to buy things.

Do we need art? Do we 'need' Shakespeare? That's a debate I'm not going to get into, but for my definition of 'need', in the same way we need the best contemporary art be it music, literature, or whatever, I *need* a game that is as fantastic as PS:T, and not another ****ing bioware NWN expansion.

Teatime: I don't like *any* game in the way you do. No game is needed and that includes NWN. Games are not *needed8. They are wante. Neither you or I will perish (and neitehr does the world0 if our favorite games weren't made; or another one is made in their spirit. That is silly fanatical talk.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I'm hoping that Obsidian will have the balls to make a PC only CRPG with Chris Avellone flexing those same muscles that he used to make PS:T. Please. The world needs games like that. Set up a paypal donation fund and I'll pay you money to make such a game.

If you really have THAT money, do yourself and the world a favor and spend it for the really serious problems on this harsh world. :)

So I must agree with Volo, games like PS:T are surely welcome, but not absolutely necessary.

I'm hoping that Obsidian will have the balls to make a PC only CRPG with Chris Avellone flexing those same muscles that he used to make PS:T. Please. The world needs games like that. Set up a paypal donation fund and I'll pay you money to make such a game.

If you really have THAT money, do yourself and the world a favor and spend it for the really serious problems on this harsh world. :)

So I must agree with Volo, games like PS:T are surely welcome, but not absolutely necessary.

I couldnt fund the game but I'd certainly pay at least double the normal price of a game to get a product nearing PS:T's quality.

This notion that games need to be on either, console, or PC is getting tedious, and old. Simply because previous console games have been unlike games you might like, doesn't mean they can't be done.

I actually disagree with your requests, more out of personal bias, because I hate requests that are "I want this, screw everyone else."

They're all good choices. I think that if the game turns out to be KOTOR2, they'll probably enjoy the support of Jeremy Soule who also did the score for KOTOR.

Exitium

RPG Codex - the premier avant garde gaming news site.

"It is more convenient to follow one's conscience than one's intelligence, for at every failure, conscience finds an excuse and an encouragement in itself. That is why there are so many conscientious and so few intelligent people." - Nietzsche

i honestly don't care if they make a PC only RPG or a console RPG. the two genre's are becoming increasingly similar. it looks like even japanese RPGs are starting to take some ques from western ones.

the best musical directors in the indutrsy are the guy from Rareware, Martin O'Donnell (Bungie), and Jesper Kyd (Hitman 1 & 2). IMO

the best musical directors in the indutrsy are the guy from Rareware, Martin O'Donnell (Bungie), and Jesper Kyd (Hitman 1 & 2). IMO

Yeah, I'd also vote for Jesper Kyd. I thought the music in Hitman 2 was the best I had ever heard. Although I also loved the music in Max Payne 2..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Hear hear.. :(

This notion that games need to be on either, console, or PC is getting tedious, and old. Simply because previous console games have been unlike games you might like, doesn't mean they can't be done.

I actually disagree with your requests, more out of personal bias, because I hate requests that are "I want this, screw everyone else."

Exactly. All you can ask for is that they do their best making a good game.

Just because consoles so far don't cut it for you doesn't mean it's an inherant property. If they can show consoles how you'd prefer all the better. In that reguard I think KOTOR showed others some possibilities out there.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

I agree.

When you make something or multiple platforms you have to make it friendly for each platform. And the biggest problem with this is player input.

Dumbing things down for a controller can prevent all sorts of keyboard options, and make things sloppy.

i don't think that putting an RPG (or any game really) on PC and a console is too bad, as long as the controlls are corrected for both platforms.

Definately.

IF they can do that, then I don't care how it's released. :)

Just don't screw the PC crowd, granted I play consoles and PC games... I just prefer the PC format because of the interface.