I'm hoping....

damn! i had just written something rather lenghty, and then my pc decided to do a spontaneous restart :angry:

what i had written in short:

- jeremy soule is overrated. compared to his earliest work i'm aware of, total annihilation, the later music had a significantly lower quality. examples: nwn, mw, giants.... exceptions: iwd, ds (so i was told)

- hoenig would be a good choice, unfortunately, he's left business.

- zur did awful work on iwd2, sorry to say that.

- except not having the score done by above mentioned composers, i hope for:

style.

iwd had it, ps: t had it. iwd2, bg2 didn't have it. designers took things (icons, music, backgrounds) from the first parts and added completely different things (stroy, music, backgrounds of inconsistent quality) without thinking for consistency and a distinct look and feel.

add an "imo" in every sentence above, and you'll have about what i had written before.

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Hoenig left business? Too bad. Really bad... I tried to find him to make an interview when I wrote my essay but to no avail.

I still think that Soule is Capable to write some good music for the games. He was a little bit "anonymous" in Kotor, but maybe he's just in a slow phase?

I still would like to see Mark Morgan do some more Music for CRPGs, because PS:T's music was just that damn good.

(Mark Morgan did/is doing the music for the Show "The District")

is he? you don't happen to own a sample of his work on the show? if so, please pm me... :p (i won't be able to answer before tomorrow)

any idea mmorgan has done music for except torment, fo and the district?

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Teatime: I don't like *any* game in the way you do. No game is needed and that includes NWN. Games are not *needed8. They are wante. Neither you or I will perish (and neitehr does the world0 if our favorite games weren't made; or another one is made in their spirit. That is silly fanatical talk.

I'm with Teatime on this. All the world needs is food for everyone, a warm place to stay and peace. But to bring humanity forward we NEED creativity and games are just one result of it. Of course we don't need a particular game from Obsidian - but I want it :p

I don't really care if it's for the PC or not. Hell, even a Gamecube-only RPG wouldn't hurt, as long as it's good.

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

How would you know this, Visceris? Have you played it?

Exitium

RPG Codex - the premier avant garde gaming news site.

"It is more convenient to follow one's conscience than one's intelligence, for at every failure, conscience finds an excuse and an encouragement in itself. That is why there are so many conscientious and so few intelligent people." - Nietzsche

Well then it's something certainly left for us to find out.

Exitium

RPG Codex - the premier avant garde gaming news site.

"It is more convenient to follow one's conscience than one's intelligence, for at every failure, conscience finds an excuse and an encouragement in itself. That is why there are so many conscientious and so few intelligent people." - Nietzsche

DS2?  Great, another game that plays itself.

Hopefully GPG will have learned their lesson and added some gameplay this time, eh? I DID however enjoy the mp aspect of it with some friends, although it did get tiresome after a while. It IS possible to add dialogue to the game, as shown by the ambitious Lazarus alpha mod.

If they have learned then good on them. If Lazarus is as good as it looks I might have to get my copy of DS back from a friend I gave it to.

Remember it's an alpha, so don't get your hopes up - lot more features planned. Worth checking out though, just for that old U5 vibe.