nfl 2023-2024

Gromnir

Poll

Is Brock Purdy the Next Tom Brady?

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe So

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

44 minutes ago, Hurlshort said:

Didn't there use to be a poll feature?

He needs a ring before that comparison works though.

Yes, but only for the thread creator (i.e. as part of the first/original post).

To be honest, I didn't have the particulars of that question pinned down when I posted it (I was kind of just mildly and indirectly clowning on the Cowboys getting absolutely steamrolled by the 49ers, which I can obviously do without any issue because unlike the Cowboys, the Packers have just been so good against the 49ers in recent history), but I think what I was going for was basically...you know, he was a nobody in the draft but he seems to actually be pretty good, but he also has such a fantastic team around him and he's still so young, it just seems difficult to fully understand how good he may or may not be at this particular moment, so hey, given the similar unique set of circumstances Tom Brady faced early on his career, it seemed like an obvious (if completely silly) question to ask. If he and the 49ers win the Super Bowl this year, that'd really be an uncanny parallel what with Tom Brady also winning a Super Bowl in his second year.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

10 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Poll

Is Brock Purdy the Next Tom Brady?

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe So

Maybe he should win the Superbowl Big Game at least once before we even entertain that comparison?

I will, however, upgrade him from Big 🐓 Brock to Giant Veiny Throbbing 🐓 Brock.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

• 3 weeks later...

This Cowboys team, the one that dominated the Rams in every phase of the game, offense, defense, and especially special teams, can I get that team to show up for next Sunday's game against the Iggles? Please?

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The Giants had a grand total of -9 passing yards yesterday. That's not a typo, they had negative nine yards passing as a team. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that's not going to get the job done.

As an aside, who do the Vikings get to replace Kirk Cousins at QB? Jacoby Brissett? Cooper Rush?

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

1 hour ago, Gfted1 said:

Trey Lance, for a 2nd rounder. :p 

I'm down with that. If I'm the Cowboys, of our backups, I'd rather keep Cooper Rush because he's proven he can win with this team. Trey Lance has the higher upside, but he's still a largely unknown commodity. It's a complete roll of the dice what you're getting with him.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Really good game in Philly so far. That was a top notch half of football, just 2 good teams both playing well. Hopefully the second half is just as good and muh Boys can sneak out of Philly with a W.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

1 hour ago, Keyrock said:

Really good game in Philly so far. That was a top notch half of football, just 2 good teams both playing well. Hopefully the second half is just as good and muh Boys can sneak out of Philly with a W.

edit: I should really not tempt fate

edit 2: lmao

edit 3: insert bart simpson writing "I will not talk about games before they're over" on chalkboard image

edit 4: ok i was right, suck it

Edited by Bartimaeus

Not the outcome I was hoping for, but holy $#!+ was it an exciting game. I'm honestly not upset after that game. Sure, I would rather we had won, but after the ass whoopin' the Niners laid on us earlier, I'm happy to see us essentially play even with an elite team.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

CeeDee Lamb is an alien. Our redzone offense is still trash, though.

Edit: Well, it was far from clean, but muh Boys are obliterating Shinebox Tommy and the Giants at the half.

Edit 2: Can we play the Giants every week?

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

thoughts & prayers

rip bozo

so long, gay bowser

et cetera

note to anyone who doesn't know anything about deshaun watson and is wondering why i would be cheering on injuries when that is definitely not something i normally ever do: he's a serial sexual assaulter

Joe Burrow is out for the year. RIP Bengals season. I'm not a Bengals fan, so I don't care about that, but he is fun to watch so I hate it on those grounds.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

On 11/15/2023 at 8:39 AM, Bartimaeus said:

note to anyone who doesn't know anything about deshaun watson and is wondering why i would be cheering on injuries when that is definitely not something i normally ever do: he's a serial sexual assaulter

It's football so I automatically assume they're all domestic abusers and sex pests. That way I can be impressed when they approach normal levels of decency instead of almost always being disappointed.

Probably mentioned this before but I had a cousin who played pro ball and he definitely checked both boxes.

e: Now that I think about it, one of my dad's best friends played briefly for the Cowboys... his relationship with his now ex-wife and kids makes so much more sense to me now.

Edited by ShadySands
  • Gasp! 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

DaRon Bland is an alien. Also, muh Boys beat the crap out of another crap team. Hey, I don't make the schedule. I'll take 7 - 3 though.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

3 wins in a row for muh Boys. They were against 3 chump teams, so they didn't mean all that much, but it was important to bank those easy wins as the hard part of the schedule is coming up. The good news is that we're already at 8 wins and I'm of the opinion that 9-8 will get you into the playoffs in the NFC, so we only need 1 more win. That said, the #5 seed is worth playing for since it means playing either the Saints, Falcons, or Bucs in the wildcard round. That's vastly preferable to playing the Lions or Niners. It would be nice to get at least 1 win in the playoffs before the Niners murder us yet again.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Make that 4 wins in a row for muh Boys and this time against a decent team. More of a nail-biter than I would have preferred, but a win is a win. While not mathematically guaranteed a spot yet, muh Boys are, for all intents and purposes, in. 1 more win will most likely wrap up the 5 seed, 2 more wins will pretty much guarantee it.

You can pencil in 4 NFC teams for the playoffs (go ahead and use permanent marker for the Eagles). Eagles, Niners, Lions, and Boys. The NFC South and the 6 and 7 seeds are wide open.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Muh Boys won and, essentially, secured a playoff spot, the Iggles got vaporized by the Niners just as badly as we got earlier this season, and the Commies... The Commies are irrelevant but, as a bonus, they also lost. It's been a great week of football.

tenor.gif?itemid=9979277

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸