nfl 2023-2024

Gromnir

1 minute ago, Bartimaeus said:

I think he'll be back next year, can't see him wanting to leave the game like that, but who knows if he'll be able to do it physically anymore at that point even if he does.

Some Ayahuasca and a darkness retreat or two and he'll be good to go.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

11 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

Some Ayahuasca and a darkness retreat or two and he'll be good to go.

I know you're joking, but the surgery and rehab is 8 months at a minimum, usually longer...even for young players. These sorts of major injuries are not fun or easy to recover from from either a pain or conditioning standpoint to get back to game shape, and I could honestly see that being the reason why Rodgers might not want to bother - knowing that he's basically taking a year off of his life and normal level of freedom just to dedicate himself to getting back into playing shape again.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

^^Im of two minds on that. On one hand, maybe hes a "diamond in the rough" that can eventually supplant Prescott, who I think has reached his ceiling. On the other hand, if they can get more than a 4th for him, pull the trigger. A bird in the hand is better than two in the bush.

8 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

^^Im of two minds on that. On one hand, maybe hes a "diamond in the rough" that can eventually supplant Prescott, who I think has reached his ceiling. On the other hand, if they can get more than a 4th for him, pull the trigger. A bird in the hand is better than two in the bush.

It's really hard to say with Trey Lance because he's played so little, but the fact that the Niners had him and gave him away basically for free isn't exactly a vote of confidence. Granted, they do have Brock and he looked Purdy damn good in week 1.

tom-baker-creepy.gif

And yes, I wrote all that just for that lame pun. Worth.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

mike williams died. 

on august 21 williams was doing electrical work at a construction site and suffered a head injury-- hit with a steel beam.

on septmber 1, williams were hospitalized. 

after hospitalization, williams father had a gofundme page with a few details regarding his son's accident and medical situation. william's father were requesting monetary contributions so he could travel from texas to see his son who were hospitalized in tampa, florida. 

following his fourth round rookie contract, williams signed a $40 million deal with the bucs. $9 million guaranteed.

none o' it actual matters, but of course we got questions 'bout the delay between the accident and hospitalization as well as why williams were doing electrical work after an nfl career which shoulda' seen him earn in excess o' $12 million dollars. maybe williams enjoyed electrical work and were doing for fun, but perhaps he had managed to lose his fortune. not enough info, but it sure sounds as if there were multiple tragedies  at play in the untimely death o' mike williams.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

^ Sad news. The fact that his father had to crowdfund a trip to see his son before he died suggests to me that either the two were estranged or that Mike Williams had burned through the money he had made in the NFL. That's just speculation, of course.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Muh Boys are up by 8 at the half, but given our massive time of possession edge, we should be up by more than that. Still, we're playing well on both sides of the ball. Dak did get away with 1 in the 2nd quarter; if Sauce doesn't drop it that's a pick 6 for sure, otherwise he's been clean and efficient. I also gotta give Zach Wilson credit, he's made some good throws and is hanging in there in the face of our relentless pass rush.

Over in Arizona, the Giants are looking TRAGIC. I know it's an away game but the Cards were picked by most to be one of the worst, if not THE worst, teams in the NFL before the season and they are obliterating the G-Men. That raise that Daniel Jones got after last season is looking questionable right now. He's good running the ball, passing it, not so much.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

This would have been such a great year for Aaron Rodgers to destroy the Cowboys' hopes and dreams in the playoffs. Truly, it might turn out to be one of the great what-ifs of our generation.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

41 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

This would have been such a great year for Aaron Rodgers to destroy the Cowboys' hopes and dreams in the playoffs. Truly, it might turn out to be one of the great what-ifs of our generation.

Don't worry, we're still going to choke in the playoffs like we always do. Best case scenario: We get to the NFC Championship and get punched in the stomach by the Niners.

Edit: Turns out Micah Parsons is good at football. Who knew?🤔

Edit 2: Giants mounting a comeback. I may have written them off too soon.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

After 2 games muh Boys have a +60 point differential. Not too shabby.

Also, every team in the NFC North lost this week so, umm, you're still in 1st @Bartimaeus

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

16 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Ive always wanted to flip a table. :lol:

What's stopping you?

It's the clean up, isn't it?

Side note: I remember many years ago hearing about places you could go and pay to go into a room and trash it. I want to say this was in Japan, but I'm not sure. That sounds like a great service. Set up a room with cheep furniture and tchochkies, charge a reasonable fee, and let the person get the catharsis of trashing a room with no consequences.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Muh Boys had 10 penalties in the first half. Most teams don't have that many in the whole game.:facepalm:

Our red zone offense is atrocious. We have no problem getting to the red zone but once there we can't do anything.

What an ugly loss. It could be worse, though. I could be a Broncos fan.

Also, silver lining: Rico Dowdle is elusive as ****. How has this guy not played for 3 years? Oh that's right, we had Zeke.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Oh boy, this week we get the Bleach Bowl sponsored by Great Value Lavender Scented Bleach. The Broncos visit the Bears in a battle of the league's two most putrid teams. Will Denver's defense show up for the game? Can Justin Fields throw for 100 yards? Who wants Caleb Williams more? Find out this Sunday!

I might actually be morbidly curious enough to watch this game... Well, to start watching it, anyway.

The Vikings visit the Panthers in the Wish.com Just As Good As The Name Brand Bowl. These 2 slightly less putrid 0-3 teams will battle it out to stay in the running for the league's worst record.

The National Football League catch the excitement!

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

The Bill Simmons podcast gon be gud tomorrow. A distraught ranting Simmons is best Simmons and my & Cousin Sal's Cowboys are taking his Pats to the woodshed. Mac Jones looks absolutely atrocious and muh Boys are doing whatever they want... Well, except scoring touchdowns in the redzone, that's still an alarming issue.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

28 minutes ago, the_dog_days said:

Lucky for me, muh Boys don't play the Chiefs this season, so I get to completely dodge America's collective orgasm any time she's at a football game.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸