9 hours ago, Boeroer said:

I picked Magistrate's Cudgel as a backup weapon.

By the way, if you DW Mahora Tanga with Magistrate Cudgel, you dont really loose the +12acc from one handed weapon equipped, once you have scored an hit with the mace. The +10acc from Judge is universal, so work either for Mahora hit and Red Flag Flying. 

You need to have the mace equipped to get the bonus.

On top the mace modal is also a kind of universal debuff since it is not +1Pen for the weapon but -1AR for the target, then +2Pen (Harpooning, Rending Smash) on Swift Flurry chain!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Boeroer said:

I found a way to use the spear's advantages with Swift Flurry but mostly prevent the crashing: put in into the offhand. Red Flag will still proc itself numerous times - but from those red flag attacks a main hand attack is triggered with the other weapon which seems to break the infinite cycle at some point. I'm still one-shotting weak enemies, but the game didn't crash so far. Could be cool with a main hand weapon that does something special on crit - like Sungrazer or whatever. 

Thanks. I'll try my transcendent again with MT in the offhand, and the Magistrate Cudgel in the main hand as @Constentin Lévinesuggests.

Edited by dgray62
Typo correction

Hehe - you can use Scordeo's Trophy in the main hand and Mohora Tanga in the offhand. Enchant Scordeo's Trophy with Strategic Blitz - you will get -10% melee recovery per hit with the pistol.

If you attack with the spear in melee and trigger SF/HBD with the Red Flag Flying you will shoot with the pistol autimatically, adding some stacks of the recovery bonus for the spear. That way you not only get the dual wielding/two weapon styl bonus for the spear but also the Strategic Blitz bonus, making you stab like a sewing machine at some point. 

In addition to that you get the flexibility of a hybrid weapon setup of course.

scordeo_mohora_tanga.png?dl=1

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

39 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Hehe - you can use Scordeo's Trophy in the main hand and Mohora Tanga in the offhand. Enchant Scordeo's Trophy with Strategic Blitz - you will get -10% melee recovery per hit with the pistol.

If you attack with the spear in melee and trigger SF/HBD with the Red Flag Flying you will shoot with the pistol autimatically, adding some stacks of the recovery bonus for the spear. That way you not only get the dual wielding/two weapon styl bonus for the spear but also the Strategic Blitz bonus, making you stab like a sewing machine at some point. 

In addition to that you get the flexibility of a hybrid weapon setup of course.

scordeo_mohora_tanga.png?dl=1

With a Ranger-Monk, I suppose your 11 Scordeo's Trophy hits will be turned to 22 hits ? 

46 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

I had no Driving Flight for that test but managed to easily get to 22 after that screenshot (with another spawnded dummy). With Driving Flight it gets even more easy of course.

I tried the interraction between main hand : pistol, off-hand : Mahora Tanga, Driving Flight & Swift Flurry, + Entropy on the main target, and 😏

The Red Flag Flying rolls doesnt break the Entropy (as intended) and trigger BEFORE their associated swift flurry main hand attack. I killed 2 target with 1 attack. I didnt try with Mortar.

I guess if the main target have a Prevent Death effect & Entropy, until a graze from Red Flag a simple attack can clean the map . Maybe.

Edited by Constentin Lévine
  • Like 1

ROFLMAO
one_shotting_fire_dragon.png?dl=1
poking the dragon...

This is during a proper playthrough. She (Stalker/Nalpasca with Mohora Tanga) is dong this without even Heartbeat Drumming. Swift Flurry in combination with Red Flag Flying is enough. For this to reliably work on the big bosses I use a Morning Star with the party's Berserker/Helwalker (including Spirit Frenzy and Enervating Blows), Ngati's Tusk with Hunter of Hunters with the Priest/Troubadour with max Survival+Cap of the Laughingstock and the pike modal (didn't even use that here, was still preparing buffs...), Blessing, Devotions (didn't get to that either) and Cap of the Laughingstock and of course Marked Prey + Stalker's Link, Survival of the Fittest and Accurate Wounding Shot.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Haha 1

Yeah. The list of crits is only Red Flag Flying. The actual dmg starts down below as ususal. She also uses Boltcatchers which makes it even more complicated to figure out what happens. I'm just happy this lead to a rel. early hit or graze and didn't crash the game again. ;)

I'm also using a SC Druid with Mask of the Grotto Deep and Effort, Hylea's Talons etc. and wanted to get Ajamuut's Stalking Cloak. I withdraw him once he cast Avenging Storm and some pulsing spells. Then he not only blitzes enemies but also puts a DoT on them and stuns them (which adds two additional rolls as well). Cool stuff.  😎😄 so great against annoying mobs, especially with dual Tanglefoot (huge AoE). Against the bosses he doesn't crit so often. But that's what the poking lady is for. ;)

Edited by Boeroer

The Chain-crit-flurry with ranged weapon in main hand is really cool for "regular" combats, and more over with a Ranger-Monk (because of Driving Flight) :wael2.thumb.jpg.4c9da405c7f176146d6e03b167a24211.jpg

Here, with the Eye of Wael : Illusive Spell can proc a lot on the first and the second target, and bounce also. Shrouded strike do the same. That make the monk a great defuffer.

Vs kiths, the Whales of a Wand is also funny, Beasts Imagined have a good chance to proc and also bounce, making the enemies like an army of pigs !

The Xefa's Empirical Explication is nice at CC with the bouncing Prone and Knock Back effects, since one chain-crit from Mahora can trigger a lot of attack with a lot of projectiles.

I tried to chain-crit with in main hand Aldris Blade to get a lot of health back in chain crit but it is not easy to also always crit with the sabre.

In other hand, a battle axe with the modal or Seeker's Fang (on a Cipher-Monk, only the Spider's Patience DoT tick on each new apply) should be devastating..

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Waski said:

How this work with weyc wand (chance of seal on crit)? Does seal's stack?

At the condition you crit with the Weyc's Wand attacks triggered by every Red Flag crit : seals are like Venombloom, Nature's Terror or Chillfog, you can make the ground as a deadly trap with 200 Seals if you can manage that (or if the game can 😮)

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, dgray62 said:

Once you proc a good number of seals you might want to switch to another weapon set to avoid crashing the game!

Or activate Avenging Storm to allow the game to crash.

By the way, the Seal without int-might-other multiplier (like legendary), are dealing 4-6 raw damage /reflex per 1s for 5s in a medium AoE (like Dire Blessing or Chillfog). If Chilling Grave can crash the game with 12 skellies, I dont know how the game can manage a chain-crit from Mahora with the Weyc's Wand (and Driving Flight).. I will make a try.

• Like 1

I tried and, as intended, it is very powerful.

Against high deflection / fortitude enemies, target a friendly skelly or other weak summon under BDD work very fine : my monk with Hand Mortar- Mahora tanga proc a very long bouncing chain-crit on enemies. That work perfectely with Driving flight, however it is not possible to cast Marked Prey on the skelly. 

I think it is possible to chain-crit summon and then chain-strike Belranga with Eccea's Arcane Blaster / Driving Flight with this technic : the attack from the modal is auto-hit and proc with at less a graze from the first raw pistol attack. On top, the fire DoT stack with themself!

If anybody got the idea that Deboniare/Cipher with Mohora Tanga would be cool - because charmed enemies give the Debonaire 100% hit-to-crit conversion and DoT-only doesn't break Charmed: you can spare youself some time because I tested that and unfortunately (or fortunately if we speak from the perpective of the game which would most likely crash) Red Flag Flying doesn't get applied if the target is friendly (also doesn't work on party members and summons etc.).

So no crit-chains with a Debonaire/Cipher I'm afraid.  

Next trying Rogue with Gambit. If the mechanics work like with mortars then every crit will grand additonal Guile internally which in turn raises the dmg bonus until the bonus guile gets capped at 4 once the ability finishes. Will report... 

Edited by Boeroer