Anime and Manga - I won’t allow your bones to stay on this planet. I will banish your evil soul.

Sarex

On 11/21/2022 at 12:33 PM, Sarex said:

Than you can try My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU. The main character is pretty different there.

I actually did start watching this now. 😄 At first I was like bleh, but after the 3rd episode and waiting a day it kinda opened up for me. Now later episodes are actually kinda interesting enough to carry the show on its own. Though I still kinda want to slap the main character guy even though he does have some valid points at time

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Narutaru 7-8

th?id=OIP.sTIOEuuQFZDayJFxyaJETAHaFj%26p

There are so many subtle hints of the creatures and the plot that I can't even remember. Things like how they relate to the children or why the effects are different. And I think one of the bad guys mentioned something about Akira that sounded weird. Unfortunately, I had to watch the episode in a hurry since I had a meeting right after lunch so I didn't have time to check on it again.

If the military are not stupid they should eventually find out who is connected to these creatures and deal with them in the easy way, that is, directly.

21 hours ago, Make a contract with KP said:

I've read the next volume and can confirm it gets worse, at least in terms of what is happening to the kids. Poor Akira.

Poor Akira. She is in a far worse state than Shiina. And Shiina has her father, while Sakura would be better far from hers.

Denji finally gets a kiss but.......swallows more than he can chew.

Well, that is one way to put it.🤣

The ending song: "and let's kiss until it becomes an obsession."

15884.jpg

Spoiler

kiss.png

yandere

I saw somebody on Youtube saying that some fans got angry about hints of a Denji-Makima romance, so I think there is definitely something bad about her. Not to mention he now revealed he is only 16.

The show is great, so far I'd say the biggest weakness is that the devils aren't particularly interesting, but I've been spoiled by JoJo where the monster Stand user of the week is incredibly memorable.

We need a zipper, a Feng Shui and a baby-generator-laptop devils.

• Like 2

sign.jpg

I am disappointed that Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon episode three does not have Jadeite's magical bus to abduct the girls, there's just a portal that appears and a monster grabs them with terrible looking CGI arms. Rei's crows look pretty terrible too.

The amount of unintentional comedy is gold. I don't know, perhaps it is intentional... Beryl telling Jadeite something important:

y6wa7QV.png

:p

• Hmmm 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

7 hours ago, InsaneCommander said:

We need a zipper, a Feng Shui and a baby-generator-laptop devils.

We need an electric outlet devil.

jojos-bizarre-adventure-mariah-face.jpg

Well, that is one way to put it.🤣

I have to say that when you said it would not be something to watch around dinner, I was disappointed at first. Later though......yeah.

I saw somebody on Youtube saying that some fans got angry about hints of a Denji-Makima romance, so I think there is definitely something bad about her. Not to mention he now revealed he is only 16.

I won't speak on youtube comments but....

Spoiler

She's definitely up to something. I think a big clue is that she had Aki (and Power) introduce him to devil hunting instead of herself because she doesn't want people to know who or what she is contracted with. Also I think she knows more about Denji than she lets on, I don't think he's the first devil-human hybrid and that she does recognize what he is.

Now for Narutaru

Poor Akira. She is in a far worse state than Shiina. And Shiina has her father, while Sakura would be better far from hers.

I think she's spent the last few episodes doing the shaky eye, but yeah. Definitely not as stable as Shiina.

Spoiler

Screenshot+%25288874%2529.jpg

You thought this would be a spoiler but it was me, Hoshimaru!

• Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Random observations about Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon:

• Usagi's pen she uses to disguise herself early on in the series is a gaudy looking mobile phone she uses to take a picture of whoever she wants to disguise herself as. That seems somewhat more limited in use than the pen.
  • Usagi's mother is insane. She brings coffee to Ami and Usagi, then starts wrestling Usagi on her bed, yelling: "Get your coffe, Ami!"
  • Rei is scary, but understandably the only one who even remotely looks like her counterpart. :p
  • Unlike in the manga, Rei does not immediately burn Jadeite to a cinder. That's a win in my book, although with Nephrite in the preview for the next episode, I'm guessing he's toast either way.
  • The sound effects are hilarious, sometimes Usagi just walks around and the ninja fighting sounds are playing.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1

6 hours ago, majestic said:

Usagi's pen she uses to disguise herself early on in the series is a gaudy looking mobile phone she uses to take a picture of whoever she wants to disguise herself as. That seems somewhat more limited in use than the pen.

It's pretty 'incredible' that they couldn't find more uses for that in the series. Then again, the show mostly didn't give a crap about the functional applicability of their powers in the first place, as they mostly just used whatever was the latest they had "unlocked"...with just a few exceptions.

Rei is scary, but understandably the only one who even remotely looks like her counterpart.

I was thinking Makoto could be possible as well...but really thinking about it made me reconsider: it would probably be significantly easier for somebody white to have some kind of resemblance to Makoto than someone Japanese.

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Random observations about Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon:

• Usagi's pen she uses to disguise herself early on in the series is a gaudy looking mobile phone she uses to take a picture of whoever she wants to disguise herself as. That seems somewhat more limited in use than the pen.
  • Usagi's mother is insane. She brings coffee to Ami and Usagi, then starts wrestling Usagi on her bed, yelling: "Get your coffe, Ami!"
  • Rei is scary, but understandably the only one who even remotely looks like her counterpart. :p
  • Unlike in the manga, Rei does not immediately burn Jadeite to a cinder. That's a win in my book, although with Nephrite in the preview for the next episode, I'm guessing he's toast either way.
  • The sound effects are hilarious, sometimes Usagi just walks around and the ninja fighting sounds are playing.

I'll admit, this does make me want to check it out.

11 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

It's pretty 'incredible' that they couldn't find more uses for that in the series. Then again, the show mostly didn't give a crap about the functional applicability of their powers in the first place, as they mostly just used whatever was the latest they had "unlocked"...with just a few exceptions.

Why use a pen when you've got Star Gentle Uterus?

• Haha 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Narutaru 9

A disturbing episode.

Shiina arrives at Tsurumaru’s place at the right time. A few more seconds and I think they would be discussing how to impregnate the dragons. Thank you Shiina.

Later, Shiina starts working with Akira’s father. “Do you want to be my daughter?”😰

Then Sudo arrives and they go fishing. Impressive that Akira is happier near the guy than with her own family.

And Hoshimaru is once again doing his thing:

Hoshimaru1.png

I wish I knew what he was thinking here:

Hoshimaru2.png

• Like 1
  • Gasp! 1

sign.jpg

38 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

The manga did not either, although to its credit, they did use the disguise pen in the third arc to infiltrate Dr. Tomoe's acedemy. Although by the time of Sailor Moon S, the anime writing team ignored most of the manga, just making use of the characters and general plot points. With good reason. :p

57 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

I was thinking Makoto could be possible as well...but really thinking about it made me reconsider: it would probably be significantly easier for somebody white to have some kind of resemblance to Makoto than someone Japanese.

Indeed, the primary point for most of her insecurities. Which is a little strange in an anime with typical anime hair shapes and colors, but that's why they made her super tall and super strong too, so it is more readily noticable. :yes:

50 minutes ago, Make a contract with KP said:

I'll admit, this does make me want to check it out.

Well, how strange. The picture of Berly telling Jadeite that she is not a merciful queen and Tuxedo Mullet did not? ;)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, majestic said:

Well, how strange. The picture of Berly telling Jadeite that she is not a merciful queen and Tuxedo Mullet did not? ;)

Not really, but Usagi's mom wrestling her while telling Ami to drink her coffee sounds like a wacky moment that makes memories.

It sounds like something from Twin Peaks.

0jK4PLTG3YWVBbvdF.jpg

1 hour ago, Make a contract with KP said:

Why use a pen when you've got Star Gentle Uterus?

But Usagi doesn't, that's a Sailor Star Maker power. Star Maker? Hmm...:ermm: Naoko Takeuchi was on some stuff, methinks.

34 minutes ago, majestic said:

The manga did not either, although to its credit, they did use the disguise pen in the third arc to infiltrate Dr. Tomoe's acedemy. Although by the time of Sailor Moon S, the anime writing team ignored most of the manga, just making use of the characters and general plot points. With good reason.

Didn't Minako also use it in the third season, to transform herself into the hilarious knockoff version of Sailor Moon?

• Hmmm 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

8 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

But Usagi doesn't, that's a Sailor Star Maker power. Star Maker? Hmm...:ermm: Naoko Takeuchi was on some stuff, methinks.

The pedophile horse and BLACK LADY didn't tip you off to that?

25 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Didn't Minako also use it in the third season, to transform herself into the hilarious knockoff version of Sailor Moon?

Was that the transformation pen? I thought that was just a costume and a different hairdo, but could be... :)

The pedophile horse is absolutely epic. People back then really thought that this is an ok thing to do in a kids tv show.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

3 hours ago, majestic said:

Was that the transformation pen? I thought that was just a costume and a different hairdo, but could be... :)

I had to go check: in the English dub (and in the subtitles for Japanese that I'm reading), Minako specifically mentions Luna having given her the transformation pen to do it.

mpc-hc64_tvd8jBESG0.png

1 hour ago, Lexx said:

The pedophile horse is absolutely epic. People back then really thought that this is an ok thing to do in a kids tv show.

The creator being young and dumb and thinking it was all naively romantic is one thing, but everyone else going along with it without taking the effort to reframe it and make it less creepy is a whole other...

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

I had to go check: in the English dub (and in the subtitles for Japanese that I'm reading), Minako specifically mentions Luna having given her the transformation pen to do it.

I stand corrected. Man, that's normally my job, being right about minor details. :p

1 hour ago, Lexx said:

People to this day still comment about how romantic Chibi-Usa and Pegasus were on YouTube videos. There are videos out there who rate them highly amongst the best power couples, so no, it is not just back then.

34 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

The creator being young and dumb and thinking it was all naively romantic is one thing, but everyone else going along with it without taking the effort to reframe it and make it less creepy is a whole other...

By all accounts, Ikuhara and company made Pegasus worse than he was in the manga. Previously, they filed off the rough edges, like changing the Black Lady/Prince Endymion kiss into an illusion and removed the implied rape, dropping Usagi's suicide attempt from the first arc, making the Sailor Guardians less of a blood thirsty band of murderers, and instead introduced a bunch of other stuff, like actual character development. They also had the good sense to remove Tuxedo Mask's super creepy early behaviour (kissing a drunk and passed out Usagi, watching her transform after urging her to lose no time, stalking her and simply showing up at her open window) and Mamoru's 'romantic' reaction to Usagi showing up and basically accusing him of desiring Chibi-Usa 'like a woman' which was to kiss her and pacify the hysterical woman by giving her his love rod, showing her what he really desires. Usagi is all happy, glowing and fine with Chibi-Usa the next day, only to go back to being jealous a bit later.

Typing this out makes me look like I engange in hyperbole, but I really do not. I wish I was. I also wish I would have never watched Crystal and Eternal, and never read any of the manga chapters, but here we are. However, credit needs to be given where it is due, the manga was still really progressive for Japan in 1992. It is just that the anime was better in every regard, unless for some reason one prefers the storyline and dislikes the 'slow moving' filler episodes or dislikes that the stoic and man-hating Rei was changed into a fiery, passionate and boy crazy girl that likes to yell at Usagi but still would do anything for her. 

tumblr_inline_ofw94tJ8aH1tocqhz_400.gif
I went looking for a Rei hug gif, and found only madness.

There's an entire Shipping wiki, and endless material dedicated to UsaRei. The anime fandom is in dire need of a cleansing.

Back to the Dream Arc / SuperS: the Amazan Trio, for instance, does not get 22 episodes of raping innocent women, men and - to make that even worse - children. They attack the Guardians and simply get taken out. Their assaults are also not as overtly sexual, they're 'just' trying to seduce the girls with their own insecurities - insecurities that looked an awful lot like Ms. Takeuchi adapted them from Sailor Moon S, but that might just be coincidence. The Pegasus romance is still creepy simply by virtue of him being a horse most of the time and the age difference between him and Chibi-Usa, but he also makes clear that he's more like a thirteen year old boy stuck in this form, and there is none of the pedophile grooming behaviour he exhibits in the anime, but that is partially also because these issues are all really short and there is just no time for anything in the manga.

It is hard to see all of that and not think it intentional. Ikuhara and company were fed up with Toei's interference in their work, but how they got what they wrote and animated past quality control or TV censorsphip, I have no idea. That might also be due to the production schedule, they just had to air what they made, in the first few episodes they did not even have all of the stock footage yet, as evidenced by reusing Chibi-Usa's film transformation scene and the curious lack of their combined transformations.

Pulling the plug on an episode would have meant not airing an episode of their cash cow franchise, so we got what we have with SuperS. Rape allegories and a pedophile horse, in what Toei wanted to be aimed at younger children than Sailor Moon R and Sailor Moon S were. No wonder almost the entire creative team was changed afterwards. What is really interesting to note is that Toei just managed to find a team that then proceeded to make Sailor Stars.

Stars took a hit in character design, but everything else was pretty good. Some of the show's best episodes are in that season. The only story arc worth a damn is there, and half the basis for Steven Universe. :p

• Like 1

Sorry for the double post, but this warrants one.

This is how awesome Nephrite is in PGSM:

gyfrIh0.png

This is shaping up to be the best trash since Lexx: The Dark Zone. Just, uh, PG-rated.

edit: Usagi, Rei and Ami are at a costume party. Usagi has a full body bear costume, Ami has a cat maiden outfit and Rei shows up in her Miko gown with a red mask. I give up. This is simply too much, that has to be intentionally ludicrous. :p Luna is also absolutely snarky. 

Ke51mtb.png
Nephrite is being inconspicuous.

pMBCjvS.png
Today's monster is a giant, spiky vulva-shaped cactus.

Edited by majestic
  • Gasp! 2

56 minutes ago, majestic said:

gyfrIh0.png

This is shaping up to be the best trash since Lexx: The Dark Zone. Just, uh, PG-rated.

edit: Usagi, Rei and Ami are at a costume party. Usagi has a full body bear costume, Ami has a cat maiden outfit and Rei shows up in her Miko gown with a red mask. I give up. This is simply too much, that has to be intentionally ludicrous. :p Luna is also absolutely snarky. 

Ke51mtb.png
Nephrite is being inconspicuous.

pMBCjvS.png
Today's monster is a giant, spiky vulva-shaped cactus.

12bjjksavbjvsa.jpg?resize=1024,576

• Confused 1

sign.jpg

On 11/24/2022 at 9:48 AM, InsaneCommander said:

I wish I knew what he was thinking here:

Hoshimaru2.png

"You naughty Shiina :biggrin:"

23 hours ago, Lexx said:

That whole arc is something else. Chibi-Usa getting on her knees every episode to beg the pedohorse to blast her mom with it's horn has some interesting readings.

• Haha 2
  • Gasp! 1

On 11/25/2022 at 8:50 AM, majestic said:

gyfrIh0.png

Hey, don't you dare diss Lexx 😠

Probably one of my all time favourite sci-fi series together with Firefly 😂

(I have all 4 seasons in boxed sets!)

(I also have both Firefly and Serenity, I can never remember which one is the movie and which one the series)

Praise His Divine Shadow!

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Lexx The Dark Zone is absolutely epic, everyone who criticizes it has no idea what they are talking about. It also has one of the best ever musical episodes of any tv show.

Edited by Lexx

4 hours ago, majestic said:

765.jpg

I think you two have been reading too many posts by Abeloth if you think that 'best trash since Lexx' was criticism.

To be fair one Abeloth post is a post too many. At least if you want your sanity intact.

Narutaru 10

Shiina meets with yet another person bonded to a dragon’s child. This one looks like a broom, of all things.

Spoiler

Either the subtitles where I watched were wrong (there were plenty of mistakes) or I didn’t understand who the red haired girl was. She said she is not Jun, that she was Kyoji, but she was holding Kyoji’s body. Maybe the broom can move souls to one of those body duplicates?

Could this be a JoJo crossover?

tumblr_oh7vwcLBM81sq4537o1_500.jpg

• Gasp! 1

sign.jpg